365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clawing My Way Back

+26
healdgator
ounce
Michele "1L" Keane
jon c
Jim Lentz
Joel H
Alex Kubacki
Julie
Paula Sue
Tom H
Liz R
Seth Harrison
Mark B
John Kilpatrick
Natalie
Ken Mello
Peg Coover
Tea from RonItch
dot520
Matt W
Jerry
Kenny B.
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Dave-O
Michael Mitchell
30 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 38 Empty Not Really Stressed

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:52 pm

Really. For the first time in a long, long, time, I was not stressed. I am not sure why. First, I was not feeling a good run at all ( one with no stress). Second, with my Ipod shuffle shuffling songs and I could nothing about it, it was messing up my rhythm really bad. I was all over the place. It was nice outside (87 and dry), but that does not translate well at the YMCA. You all know why. So, going into it, really not much to go on. First decision I made was to run to And Justice from Metallica. Long songs and that is what I needed. To have long songs to have a pattern too. Second, the humidity was down a touch and that is all I wanted. Third, it was really stress free. My stride was nice. Legs felt good, not great, but good. I ran a 53:12 for 7 miles and I am happy for now. I have 26 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.letsrun.com

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 38 Empty Re: Clawing My Way Back

Post  ounce Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:26 pm

I agree on style of songs for pace. My Shuffle has fewer slow songs for a marathon, than a non-race.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 38 Empty Where Ya Been Boy?

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Wow, I have been gone. LOL. I ended up with 35 miles last week. It was good all the way around. Now, the last week ( starting September 23) I went to NYC. Yes, NYC. I did run a 52:30 for 7 miles on Monday and a 40 minute 5 miler on Tuesday. I was then told by the wife, "You are on vacation. No running". I did sneak my running clothes in the bag, but for the exception of Pilates, I just walked. Came back on Friday and ran a run in the disgusting humidity. 39:30 and I was so done. I did not run yesterday. Went to see Hotel Translyvania with my kid and wife ( his aunt and my nephew too). I did run this morning. Really nice. 59 degrees. Wow. Did 2 miles in 19:30 just enjoying it. Today, 53:12 at the YMCA at 4 pm. Back to the grind. I have 2 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:07 pm

Glad to see you aren't injured at the moment. Are you still on for the Monster Mash?
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:12 pm

As of now, yes. I have my sister's best friend's daughter who is really doing well in high school cross country. She wants to pace me at a 6:45 pace, so we shall see. Right now, it is a go.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 38 Empty Bad Day

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:15 am

Just a bad day. I mean, I was late getting to the YMCA. Dean of Workforce, and I love him, loves to talk. Sigh. Then the treadmill I love is stating, "Stop Key" on it. Tried for 5 minutes to get to work. Unplugged it and plug it in. Nothing. Then, talking Texans and Cowboys stuff, I went to another treadmill. Being 35 minutes late, the treadmill started to skip. Ahhh. Lovely. So I went to another treadmill. This one will kill you if you let it. Well, my stomach started to get upset and GI issues were beginning to show themselves. I thought, "Yep, I am going to stride this". I have not run 7 miles in one week. Now, for being nice outside, it was hot. I ran a 56 minute 7 miler. Just said, let us get it in. I ran 2 miles this morning. Really nice out. A little more humid, but nice. Now, today. Run will start at noon, for I have a meeting at 1:30 pm. I am thinking 7:36 pace, but we will see how the stomach is holding up. I have 11 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 38 Empty Hummm

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:34 pm

Early run yesterday. Almost a comedy of errors again. First, the two treadmills I wanted are dead. As of now, not fixed. Second, my stomach was again yelling at me. So I figured, ok, 8 minute pace until I get rid of it. Third, my Ipod shuffle stops on me. Just stops. Dead. It would play a song and then whammo, died. To make up for lost time, I increased the pace to a 7:30 pace (forgetting my still hurting stomach). The last three miles were in 22:30. Lastly, the Shuffle just quit around the 42 minute mark and I was on my own. Just on my own. Finished in 53:59 for 7 miles and felt ok. Today, 53:12, good or bad treadmill. Does not matter. I am just going to do it. My confidence from the time off is improving. It is still hot in the YMCA ( do not expect real relief until the "REAL" front comes through Saturday night) and will be for awhile. The run will commence at 4 pm. I have 18 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:44 pm

Sounds like a comedy of errors going on at the Y, I guess that is what happens when the Y is older than most of our parents...hopefully they will fix it soon for you man. That is frustrating.
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 38 Empty Still Trying To Truck

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:07 pm

Joel H wrote:Sounds like a comedy of errors going on at the Y, I guess that is what happens when the Y is older than most of our parents...hopefully they will fix it soon for you man. That is frustrating.

Well, I did not run at the YMCA yesterday. I just said, eh...not today...I went home and jogged...yes, jogged..( lol) for 20 minutes....2 miles. I was really ok with it. I ran 3 miles this morning in 26:30 ( I walked for 5 minutes before running). I will run 7 miles in 53:12 at the YMCA. I hope it is somewhat cool. I have 23 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 38 Empty Running Mad

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:05 pm

Yeah, today. I was just ticked off. I felt like crud. I was running like crud. Well, back to that in a minute. I ran two 56 minute 7 milers both Thursday and Friday. Again, just dealing with the heat. Very humid in the YMCA both time and both times the treadmill was dead ( my favorite one). Today. Yeah, still hot. The front had not come through during my run. First, the Ipod shuffle was acting up again. Cutting out after every song. Second, the 8 minute miles were not even close to being comfortable. After going through the two mile mark at 15:30, I decided to spice it up. I was tired of being passive. Wife was able to fix the Shuffle and I kicked it down to a 7:30 pace for the first mile (3) and then 7:24 pace thereafter. Yep, 7:24 pace and it was COMFORTABLE. Even in the heat. I ran a 52:30 for 7 miles. Now, you think, whatever. Well, after being hurt, dealing with heat and humidity, this was a breakout. I am very happy and a 51 and should be 50 is so doable. I ended with 44 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 38 Empty Amazing Weather, While It Lasts...

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:58 am

Amazing weather. Wow. Just amazing. Love it. Warm up coming. Yep, highs in the low 90's and lows in the low 70's. Fun. Next significant front, (GFS) will be October 20. Sigh. Ok, today ( after a day off), maintenance run of 53:12 for 7 miles today at 4 pm. Just getting the kinks out. This morning, 19:13 for 2 miles ( I walked the first 5 minutes...LOL). Tomorrow, working on pace (7:36 for the first 4 and 7:30 for the last 3). I have 2 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 38 Empty Not Too Bad

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:41 am

Really, I am ok with this. Not great, but ok. I will say that after my run yesterday, my soleus is sore, but ok. First 2.65 miles, 7:36 pace. The next 4.35 miles, 7:30 pace. I was soaked, but it was ok. Today will be lunch run ( I think). I have folks sick today and I might have to move it to a 4:45 pm run at the YMCA. That means I will miss my child swimming, but dang it. LOL. I still think I can sneak away for 1 hour. I have 9 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 38 Empty Warmer In The Space City

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Warmer. It was a little more today. I felt it. First three miles, 7:36 pace. The last four miles, 7:30 pace. 52:45 for 7 miles. It was ok. After I finished, and I was dressing for my meeting, I felt an extreme pain on the lower part of my foot (ball). I was actually limping. My limited ART training told me what to do. After working on it for 2 hours during my meeting, it is good. Run should be fine tomorrow. I am thinking first two miles, 7:36 pace and the last five, 7:30 pace. Until tomorrow, I have 16 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 38 Empty Greagt Googla Moogla Part Deaux

Post  Michael Mitchell Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:40 am

This has been an up and down year. I ended with 35 miles this week. That is good. I ended with three sub 53 minute 7 milers. That is good. Now, my left soleus is sore. Yes, that is right, the LEFT soleus, not the right. Sigh. The positive news is that it does not hurt at an 8 minute pace ( that is what Saturday was) so, I will leave it as is. I need to warm up like crazy and do massive amounts of ART on myself. I did that last night and wowzers, it worked. Also, I will make an appointment with the orthotic folks to get the left one adjusted. I will run an 8 minute pace, probably the whole week, but at least I am running. The race, well ( I know folks on here will say I am making excuses....) looks very much in doubt. Also, to make matters worse, I have gained 7 pounds. Must have been the New York trip. Until later on today, ciao...
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 38 Empty Good News and Bad News

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:12 pm

Good news. Hey, I ran 2 miles this morning. Five minutes were at an 8 minute pace. I made an appointment with my Orthotist for next Monday. Bad news. It is my left side. The soleus and calves have swollen up this time. Dang this compartment syndrome. I have been massaging it with my stick, thumbs and my portable massager. Nothing. Still hurts to walk. Here is the rest of the week. First, we can bike and I will. It looks like walking is good and I think a 10-12 minute pace runs are good...I think Aqua Jogging will be ok....So for this week, I might be able to squeeze in 30 miles. Again, we go through this again. First the right, now the left. At least it is not as bad as the right in July.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:09 pm

All I can say is that I feel your pain. My achilles started acting up around mile 10 this past Saturday, and I still had a minimum of 3 miles to get back to my car (and I was hoping for 16). I, too, have been doing a lot of self ART and Graston and I was ok to run this morning until I twisted that same ankle around three miles in - ouch!! I finished after walking it off, but it is still a bit tender where I turned it (not the actual achilles area - whew). Who cares about the race - we just like to tease you, and you know that. Just keep listening to your body and be smart.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 38 Empty Sorta Good News

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:05 am

I took the rest of the day off yesterday. I ran this morning. Well, I walked for 6 minutes and ran for 13 minutes. 6 minutes of that was at an 8 minute pace. It was a 19:03 for 2 miles, but that is not the point. The point is that I ran. Smile. Strangely, it was ok. The calf does not hurt as much as it did yesterday. I am going to try and squeeze in 56 minute run today at lunch. ( it will be really squeezing, for I have right at one hour to get it done). We shall see. I will say no fast running this week. None. I have to wait until Monday and the adjustment to take place until I even see 7:30 pace again. Sigh. If I can squeeze 8 minute paced runs this week, I will be a happy camper.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 38 Empty Holding Pattern?

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:49 am

Well, we have learned many things through experimentation. We have learned that the injury to the left side was not as bad as the right in July. Second, we have learned I can still run. We have learned ( as of yesterday), that I can run for 40 minutes (8 minute pace) and be ok (5 miles). This morning, although a little sore, I ran two miles in 19:12 ( time really does not matter) and 7 minutes of that was at an 8 minute pace. So, today at 4 pm, I will trot out an 8 minute for 7 miles. If we are good there, the duplicate that until Sunday. I have my orthotic adjustment at 8 am on Monday. I have 11 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:28 pm

Here's hoping you're still healing, and that you're having a great birthday.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Happy Birthday, Michael!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:05 am

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Happy Birthday, Michael!

Thank you so much
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:05 am

Mark B wrote:Here's hoping you're still healing, and that you're having a great birthday.

Healing, up and down. Birthday, yeah, it was good. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 38 Empty Where Ya Been Man?

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:14 am

This is has been a weird week. First, a recap of last week. The week was good 35 miles for the week. Not bad. Two 52:30's and a 53:12 on Saturday. I did not race. My head was not into it. My heart was not into it. Get this, I would have placed third in my age group and top 15 by my training pace alone for the Monster Mash. Oh well. This week. WEIRD WEEK. First, I have serious stomach issues Sunday. I tried to run, I really did, but I just could not get out of bed. Monday was better, but still hurting. I really tried, but dang, it was rough. Tuesday, I was ready to go. Unfortunately, I had three meetings. Three. One from 9 am to 12 noon, an interium meeting from 12:15 to 12:35, a full meeting from 1:30 to 3:30 pm and a last one from 3:45-5:15 pm. I got home at 6:15 pm and by that time, my kid and wife were home from swimming. I cannot make this up. LOL. So, I have no miles this week. This morning, I started running and I feel a tinge around the 15 minute mark and backed off to a 8:15 pace. I got 2 miles done and am ARTing the soleus now for it is aching. I should be ok for a 53:12 today at 3 pm, but dadgum, I just cannot lick this compartment syndrome right now. Sigh.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Clawing My Way Back - Page 38 Empty Living With Compartment Syndrome

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:49 pm

Sigh. I took it easy yesterday and strided a 56 minute 7 miler. Get this. About 15 minutes later a HUGE cramp develops in my right calf. Yes, I am taking in huge amounts of hydration. I have massaging it like crazy with the Stick. Sigh. Now, I know this will go away. I know it will take time. I know I will need ART, but could I just get in 7 miles today? May the running gods smile upon me? LOL
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:15 pm

No run. I just cannot get this knot of my calf. Lots of Stick tonight. Should be ok ( I think) tomorrow. Sigh.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next