365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12 more months

+15
Mrs. Schuey
Dave P
John Kilpatrick
jon c
Alex Kubacki
Schuey
Michael Enright
Michele "1L" Keane
JohnP
Penelope
nkrichards
Jerry
Nick Morris
Mark B
Julie
19 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

12 more months - Page 3 Empty Re: 12 more months

Post  nkrichards Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:38 pm

They look so old!  I can't believe how quickly they are growing up!  They are still cute though. Smile
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:27 pm

Thanks Nancy. 2 mos old already! they don't stay little for long although I know plenty of babies are their size at birth.

I ran Friday just 4 but it was supposed to rain Sat so I wanted to take that day off, which I did ,and it did rain.
Sunday 5 miles with a friend, this morning 6 with Bill, my 50 state friend.
Feeling OK as far as running goes. Slow but not injured and that's nice. I'm still working on the sleep thing.

I said earlier I thought I'd run Omaha marathon or Grand Island but Omaha now has a different director/it was sold to a different company or however all that works and my friend who ran it gave it a fairly bad review (just 3 or 4 porta potties, for one thing, no food at the end). I'm thinking about maybe just doing the market to market 50K although that would be more involved than a marathon. Who knows. Right now just trying to get outside and run and get back into shape. Some time next fall I do want to run another marathon but definitely not set in stone.

It's getting nice and cool out. It was 42 Sunday morning. It's definitely fall. Now to get whatever fitness I can before I take off a lot of time for snow and ice if we have a bad winter.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:51 pm

It sounds like you are getting back into the swing of running.  It also looks like your mileage is slowly creeping back up too.  I think the best thing you said (outside of your babies) is that you have no injuries.  That means that so far you are bringing it back at the right pace.  You have a while before next fall, so there is plenty of time to find a race.  Keep up the good work!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:40 pm

@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad cheers cheers cheers Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame flower flower flower afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro Money Money Money jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Frustration Frustration Frustration Frustration Frustration Frustration Frustration Frustration Frustration geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:44 pm

Julie wrote:@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad cheers cheers cheers Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame flower flower flower afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro Money Money Money jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Frustration Frustration Frustration Frustration Frustration Frustration Frustration Frustration Frustration geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money
Is someone bored??
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:14 pm

my 4 yr old....
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:55 pm

Haha...That's what I was thinking Razz
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:02 pm

There's something nice about seeing the words "just doing" and "50k" in the same sentence. Very Happy

Those babies are getting so big! You're going to be dealing with some serious extra effort with the stroller before too long. Have you considered the Iditarod, with you in place of the dogs? Mush!
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:11 am

Nick - yeah she asks to "left click to do the emoticons" and I was a little unsure of how to explain the drinking one but at least she just thought he was drinking water or something. Then she wants me to press send. Oh well.

I have run this week and going for another one as soon as I finish up here but this is what happened:

Mon 6
Tue 5
Wed 0 - after saying no injuries my left knee was a little sore so I thought I better be careful, especially after reading a Running Times article on injuries and why runners are so stubborn and make them worse by pushing it
Thurs - massive t-storms and a lots of rain  - forced rest day
Fri 5
Today/Sat- probably 5.

So things are stable to progressing, continuing to lose wt although slower than I'd like.  And this morning my babies sounded congested again! after just getting over their colds a few days ago and not even leaving the house since their doctor appt last Fri.

Mark - yeah I don't know that I'll ever run a 50 miler like you but a 50K would be fun. My 50K in Chicago was all paved and this would be trails but mostly crushed limestone not too technical but like bike path trails more or less. I do want to run it someday so maybe next year will be the one. I'd have an easy time convincing at least one friend to run it, too and I'm running with her tomorrow morning. I hate snow so no Iditarod for me! January sees me mostly indoors doing my workout dvd unless we get a mild winter. Ice scares me to no end.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:51 am

Smart thinking about taking off a day to rest a niggle.  No sense in risking it...Looks like it was ok after that Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:36 am

Ice scares me, too--it's not worth risking the injuries / falling on ice.  And if it's cold enough for there to be ice, it's too cold to run Smile Well, not really....
I like the idea of not committing to any race yet and keeping all the options open.  But keep up the great work with the running before the ice / cold weather comes.
The babies are so cute!
Penelope
Penelope
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:17 pm

Thanks Nick and Kathy!

all is well with my knee. My big thing is just muscle soreness but I've been running less than 6 weeks now so what do I expect?

Sat -5
Sun - 5
Mon 5
Tue - rest (Brian had early early meeting)
Wed 6

Feeling good. babies are doing well and getting better at nursing. I ditched the pump with no drop in my supply which is beyond awesome. Sorry, totally not running related but I feel like a new woman even if I'm spending just as much, actually more, time with nursing related activities now since I am doing all day and night feedings and they take over an hr, 10x/day! But hey, I'm snuggling with my babies vs a stupid pump and having them both in bouncy seats so it's great and they'll get faster.

I have 27 lbs to lose still. yikes. But it sort of is coming. I gain some water, then lose it and then gain it mostly back, then lose it and inch my way downward. I'm on a med that makes me retain water so it's not fun but oh well. I still have plenty of fat to lose, too so I can't blame it all on water!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:21 pm

No worries, Mom.  You continue to be awesome in my book!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:05 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:No worries, Mom.  You continue to be awesome in my book!
+1
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:No worries, Mom.  You continue to be awesome in my book!
+1
+2

Be patient! You'll get to where you want to be. It just takes a little time.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:53 am

Thanks Michele, Nick, Mark.

I had a great surprise on my run this am; I saw my running group and got to run with them over a half mi. before I had to peel off for my own route (I started a few mi. before they did). But great to feel a little connected. Some of them I haven't seen for 11 mos although we email or connect via FB.

6 miles, little left knee niggle. Tomorrow will be a rest day.
Yesterday I ran 5 mi. I am getting a little faster, 12:00 or under not that I'm keeping track but after 5 or 6 mi I might look at my watch. I'm not stressing out about pace.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:58 am

You are right on track - nicely done.

I always enjoy running into (well, not literally) runners I haven't seen for a while. Nice that you got to reconnect.
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:25 am

Thanks Michael!

I've been reading blogs but hard time typing 1 handed so I've limited commenting but I do enjoy reading about all of your training.

Pretty stable here- Sat - rest, sun 5 with friend, Mon 5, Tue 4, Wed and Thur 6. Today rest, I had hoped I'd get extra sleep last night but ended up with about none between  DD falling out of her bed and crying and wanting to sleep on the floor then waking up a few hrs later wondering why she was on the floor, babies nursed non-stop, loud cats and husband. So I turned to caffeinated tea this a.m.

oh but I'm losing more wt at least. Josiah has tummy/poo issues and seems to appreciate my no wheat, eggs, dairy or corn diet. So does the scale. I'm hungry and crabby and tired of br rice but it's all good.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:32 am

Nice crisp 32 degree morning for 6 miles. Felt good although still massively sleep deprived. Hoping for an extra nap this wkend since Brian's home.

Kind of makes me sad to think of the snow and ice that will be here before long. That and just how short the days are already. Oh well, spring will come again. I just missed most of this year being on bed rest or otherwise unable to run so I am ready for a good running season next year 50K or not in the fall.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:49 am

Do you have the ability to ruin inside in the winter? The city Rec Center where I live has an indoor track, treadmills and child care. When I lived here before, my daughter was old enough to "work" there. I'm in Boston and it was cold this morning but not taught weather yet.

You need to let me know when that 50k is as I can run that instead if a marathon in Nebraska.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:01 am

Julie...I continue to be impressed by the effort you put in with such a busy schedule.  I think I'd be using any free time to sleep!  Good to hear that the weight is coming off.  That has to feel good both mentally and physically.  Hope you can figure out a way to continue to stay active once winter settles in.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:53 am

Michele - http://nebraska.markettomarketrelay.com/50k/ I do want to run this, if not '14 then '15. We might also convince Jon C and Schuey as I've mentioned to both before. The trail is very non-technical, whatever the term is but crushed limestone more or less with some paved.
I don't have indoor running; I'm not a gym member and don't have a treadmill. I'd almost like to get one but we have a very small house anyway so I can't see it being a good idea. I have a workout DVD I'll do in the winter.
It would be great to have you out here!

Nancy - it's hard bc I need sleep so badly but I feel worse when I don't run and right now have such a huge sleep deficit anyway I feel like I'll never catch up. But I was told around 6 mos things get easier. I think by 9 mos my daughter was getting easier. She was so fussy and neither of these babies are overly fussy so that is helpful.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:22 pm

Which DVD do you do? And do you like it, or just do it because it's the next best thing to running?
Being sleep deprived is hard.  In many ways, but it's hard for running, too.  Hopefully all the kiddos will settle down and sleep more, so you can, too. 
Chicago has no real fall.  In a very short time, it went from summer to being COLD! Like, winter coat, gloves cold. So I'm with you on the sadness about the weather.  We just need to keep looking forward to spring.
Keep up the great work!!!
Penelope
Penelope
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:22 pm

Kathy - I use 30 day shred. I like it but nothing is as fun as running but every time I do it I'm reminded of how I have horribly weak strength in my arms and core. The cardio portions are easy for me, at least. The sad thing is my boys are really good sleepers but it takes an hr to nurse them both (at least) so I'm to bed late and up early and in between nursing too. They supposedly get faster with age so hoping that happens soon.

Sun - 5 mi, Mon 6 , Today off so  hubby could go to an early mtg.  Clicking away OK here. My babies are 3 mos old on Saturday!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Julie wrote:Kathy - I use 30 day shred. I like it but nothing is as fun as running but every time I do it I'm reminded of how I have horribly weak strength in my arms and core. The cardio portions are easy for me, at least. The sad thing is my boys are really good sleepers but it takes an hr to nurse them both (at least) so I'm to bed late and up early and in between nursing too. They supposedly get faster with age so hoping that happens soon.

Sun - 5 mi, Mon 6 , Today off so  hubby could go to an early mtg.  Clicking away OK here. My babies are 3 mos old on Saturday!
I have 30-day shred, too.  I've done it about 2x.  Maybe I should start doing it regularly, too. My core and arms don't ever get any attention.

I didn't realize it takes that long for them to nurse.  Is it physically possible to have them nurse simultaneously, like one on each side? Now I'm just curious.  Well, hopefully they each get faster at nursing soon!
Penelope
Penelope
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next