365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12 more months

+15
Mrs. Schuey
Dave P
John Kilpatrick
jon c
Alex Kubacki
Schuey
Michael Enright
Michele "1L" Keane
JohnP
Penelope
nkrichards
Jerry
Nick Morris
Mark B
Julie
19 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

12 more months - Page 4 Empty Re: 12 more months

Post  Julie Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:51 pm

Penelope wrote:
Julie wrote:Kathy - I use 30 day shred. I like it but nothing is as fun as running but every time I do it I'm reminded of how I have horribly weak strength in my arms and core. The cardio portions are easy for me, at least. The sad thing is my boys are really good sleepers but it takes an hr to nurse them both (at least) so I'm to bed late and up early and in between nursing too. They supposedly get faster with age so hoping that happens soon.

Sun - 5 mi, Mon 6 , Today off so  hubby could go to an early mtg.  Clicking away OK here. My babies are 3 mos old on Saturday!
I have 30-day shred, too.  I've done it about 2x.  Maybe I should start doing it regularly, too. My core and arms don't ever get any attention.

I didn't realize it takes that long for them to nurse.  Is it physically possible to have them nurse simultaneously, like one on each side? Now I'm just curious.  Well, hopefully they each get faster at nursing soon!
Yeah I have nursed them at the same time, I just really don't like it and they're not as efficient that way so it's just easier although longer to nurse them alone. I like some 1:1 time with them, too...some moms always tandem nurse, some never. I guess when they get better at it we can try again, right now they take a bit of help getting positioned just right. But yes, it's possible and fairly common. I even tandem nursed in the NICU when they were 5 days old. They were so tiny then! I think Noah was right below 5 lbs at that point. Now they're almost 11 and almost 10 lbs.

When I start doing the 30 day shred more often I can tell running uphill is easier because of a stronger core. I know it's worth putting time into but I hate to miss running when the weather is semi-decent.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:19 pm

12 more months - Page 4 IMG_0746_zpse78e38e8

from last week.

6 mi this morning, felt like 22 degrees, nice and crisp!
5 the 2 previous days, doing fine here, weaning off my meds bc they're not doing what they're supposed to so hopefully I see some water wt loss in the next month!!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:57 pm

First: Holy cow! Those guys are getting HUGE! Save that photo and compare their expressions to when they're teenagers watching TV.Very Happy

Second: Holy cow! 22 degrees?!? It's amazing of how fast it can cool off in the autumn.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:35 am

12 more months - Page 4 IMG_06152_zps9842f5c4

family pic (our church needed one so I had my mom take one)

12 more months - Page 4 Josiahsm_zpsd704ccfa

smiley Josiah

12 more months - Page 4 IMG_06302_zps797f68cb

smiley Noah

I thought I'd find some pics with them actually looking not just looking zoned out. Do you know how hard it is to get pics of infants together?
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:15 am

Awwwww!  Love the pics, Julie!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:38 pm

Beautiful family...thanks for sharing the photos.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:11 pm

Thanks Nancy and Michele!

Sun 4
M 2
T 0 - hungry boys....
W 6. Today was great. I ran 2.5 miles then ran into 5 of my running  friends and ran 2.5 mi with them and another 1 mi home. It felt like a massive speed workout session but good to see them! Getting more sleep these days, not a ton but more and it really helps.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:53 am

Nice run yesterday Julie.  It's coming back.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:06 am

Thanks Alex! I think you're right although it's definitely taking longer than I had planned.

6 mi this am, 3.5 with 2 friends. One had just run a marathon Sunday so she was hoping to go a little slower. It was a good run.  I plan to run another 6 tomorrow and try to salvage my weekly miles that took a hit the beginning of the wk.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:29 am

So the week started out low in miles and ended well. Fri 6 and Sat 5.5 both with friends who say I'm getting back into it well. I'm glad to be with my running friends more and glad for things to get a little easier. Still a ton of work to do in the wt loss dept.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:05 pm

Super cute pictures! And the family one under the tree is great--you should print / frame that one! 
Keep up the great running, and enjoy the ones with your group when you can.  Consistency is key, and I'm sure as you keep it up, the weight will slowly come off.
Penelope
Penelope
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:24 am

I feel like my training is pretty boring but right now just running 5-6 miles 5-6 days/week. No injuries. I could run further but since I have hungry boys I think it won't be till they're well on solids before I feel free to go away for longer...I have no idea if the 50K or marathon will work out next fall but if it doesn't I'll just try the next year and keep my focus with getting in shape and getting down to pre-preg wt or lower (I was 8 lbs below by my daughter's first birthday, not keeping that trend so far but I guess gaining twice as much wt with twice as many babies had something to do with that). Otherwise doing well. Had a great run this morning with a friend I haven't run with in over  a year and it was great to catch up with some good conversation...also I think she pushed my pace a tad, not in a bad way but good to know I can go a little faster.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:20 pm

Just getting caught up a little..... don't think I have said it, but congratulations on the boys!  Really great pictures of them and the rest of the family.  The boys will have big sis to keep them in line.

Glad your running is progressing.  The demands of family life really keep you on your toes, but I'm glad you make the time to keep up your exercise/running.
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:05 am

I guess a boring training schedule means you're doing things right.  No injuries...just slowly building back that base.  Keep it up and enjoy those kids.  I had all 4 grandkids at the house yesterday.  I can't believe I have grandkids that old!  Where did the time go?
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:10 pm

Sweaty Sweaty Sweaty Sweaty Dead Dead Dead Dead Dead Dead Dead flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower Frustration Frustration afro afro afro afro afro Shots Shots Shots affraid affraid affraid affraid Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed lol! lol! lol! king queen Frustration Frustration Frustration Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch Money Money Money Money 
confused confused confused cheers cheers cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven 

emoticons brought to you by Jocelyn

Thanks Jon for stopping in and the congrats, we're very thankful for our babies!

Nancy - sometimes I question how I can be a mom even though I'm 31. Funny but life sure is short, isn't it?

OK trying to plot and plan my training for next yr - how long do any of you think I need to be running longer than 6-7 miles to prepare for a marathon or ultra? I  could run 36 miles/ week but nothing long till maybe April? I would really love to run a longer race next fall just to feel like I'm back...the market to market 50K is in Oct vs Omaha marathon end of Sept, either way, does that sound realistic? My babies will be 1 on July 26th.

http://www.trailrunevents.com/ul/schedule-50k.asp

this is what I used for the Lakefront 50K and it served me well, I'll probably try it again. If this isn't realistic then I'll delay till 2015. I know there's no way to truly know what shape I'll be in next fall but if it's not unreasonable I am not afraid of a bit of a challenge and do want to get back into shape as well as possible. Week 1 out of 20 calls for a 16 miler, though and there's no way I have time to be gone for that long until April at the very, very earliest.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:16 pm

Yes, it sounds realistic as long as you set your expectations with the main goal as finishing as a proud Mom!  Your life will only continue to be more interesting as those guys continue to thrive.  Remember never to beat yourself up if you don't get the run in and don't feel like you can't break up a long run if it fits your and their schedule best.  It will take work and discipline but so will Jocelyn and the boys.  You can do it, and we are always here to help and listen.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:27 pm

Thanks Michele! I have no time expectations, I just want to actually train for something and feel like a runner again. I could be last and I'd still be pleased with it all. My one concern is that the training program says ideally I'd have completed a marathon 4-6 weeks before. I'm not running a marathon in April. No way. especially with winter being such a hard time for my training.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:59 pm

The week is going OK, pretty cold weather so far!

One of my friends said she'll run the 50K with me and thinks it's realistic if we go slowly enough. She also has a jogging stroller so she could push Jocelyn while I push Josiah and Noah in mine next summer/fall for some training runs (not holding my breath on that one though because she's very busy with her work for the military!).
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:34 am

5 mi yesterday 6 this morning with 3 of my friends. I asked about the 50K and my friend Diane thought it was realistic but suggested a marathon next summer to train.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:52 am

I am glad that your running is going well.  It looks like you are slowly getting back into it.  I think that running a training marathon next year is a good idea.  It will let you get time and distance on your legs, but none of the pressures of racing.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:09 am

I think a marathon or 50K are good options for you next year. Just keep working on that base and see where it takes you.

Nice work on getting out there. These runs may feel monotonous, but the do a lot of good - and they can leave good memories.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:45 am

I can imagine how good it feels to be running!  Just a thought, but could it be realistic for you to get a treadmill?  That might allow for a few long runs to throw into your 6-milers.  By the way, GREAT pictures!!!!!!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:46 pm

Thanks Nick, Mark and John.

I think a treadmill may be a good idea for now if we could find a decent enough one not awfully expensive. I don't want a really junky one; my parents have one and it is awful. I think we could crowd one in here somewhere and I could potentially run during nap or evenings or still early a.m.s but not worry about when a baby wakes up bc I'd be there if I was needed. Suggestions or guidelines?
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:07 am

Sat and Sun 6 miles each, good runs, one solo, one with a friend and her mom and one of her friends I just met. So good times...

This morning was 3 miles because I fell back to sleep at 4 a.m. and my husband woke me up at 430. Oops. Just so tired but I got out there. I should have checked the temp because there was frost everywhere but I wore shorts. Oh well! It was OK.

Just carrying on here, trying to figure out borrowing a truck so we can get my parents' treadmill. We have not had a bad November though - no snow yet and some nice days thrown in with cold ones.

I had a bad weekend with too much eating so I am getting back on track today. I had planned to wean off my meds that I didn't think were helping (for milk supply) but my last day of the 6 week trial things were going better so I figured I better not quit in case they are helping but they sure do make my wt fluctuate. I'm not going to blame them for my wt - I eat plenty and eat to stay awake too bc I just can't get enough sleep.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:24 pm

Tues - rest day
Wed and today 5. Today was 30s with 25 mph north wind. Not that fun.

I have at least 2 friends eager to run a 26.2 mile training run around Lincoln next June  (or whenever). I think it might be difficult mentally but the logistics of travel right now sparked the idea. They  didn't think it was crazy. Now to dust off a novice 26.2 training plan to get me prepped for my 50K prep training run.

My dad is bringing the treadmill down, though. Completely disassembled it to fit in his car so I think I can run as long as the babies will let me, nurse, and run again if it's on a weekend that I don't have to work. I'm working pretty limited hours anyway (just one Sat. in Dec and then 2 January) so I should be able to pull this off. I have the motivation.

Oh and I"m back to weaning off the milk pills. They're not really helping that I can see and causing all sort of water wt gain and increased hunger and I'm just tired of them.

Babies are 4 mos old on Tuesday! Wow..seems like they've always been in our family yet like they were just born. I"ll put up some new pics here soon, too. No llamas here, just my cute little kids.

12 more months - Page 4 6c9f3b4d-3ea8-4894-bc64-a231cf7c69f3_zps78609471

Josiah smiling, Noah not so much.

Funny how perception changes, sort of random but I used to look at my avatar and think "man I sure should lose wt" and now I look at it and think "man I wish I looked like that now!" That was me at mile 31 of the Lakefront 50/50 (just about finishing the 50K). My daughter was clapping for me so I was smiling but yeah I was sore. Good times.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next