365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

+19
Penelope
Jerry
Alex Kubacki
Julie
Paula Sue
KBFitz
Schuey
John Kilpatrick
JohnP
Dave-O
mul21
Chris M
dot520
Mike MacLellan
Michele "1L" Keane
Michael Enright
Mark B
nkrichards
Nick Morris
23 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon - Page 21 Empty Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Mark B Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:04 am

Nicely done, Nick! The rain's good for you. Builds character. Smile
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon - Page 21 Empty Re: Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon

Post  Nick Morris Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:00 am

Mark B wrote:Nicely done, Nick! The rain's good for you. Builds character. Smile
Thanks...I always need more character Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:08 pm

So, I wanted to get in back to back 8 milers this weekend, but mother nature was just not having it.  Yesterday, the weather was just horrible.  The wind was blowing and a steady mist to light rain was falling.  The good news is that the temps were in the lower 50s.  All of this being said, I decided to just do an easy 4 miler instead.  Honestly it was not a very fun run, even though it was my first run outside in two weeks.  I completed the 4.25 miles at around a 7:30 pace.

Later in the day, I was pleasantly surprised to receive my refurbished Garmin in the mail.  It was a little earlier than I expected to receive it.  But getting the watch on Saturday meant that I could use it today Smile

That brings me to today.  With rain coming down for most of the morning and a tornado watch in effect for the day, I was lucky enough to get a couple hour window with no rain at a round noon.  With temps in the upper 50s, it was certainly nice to be able to run in shorts and a short sleeve shirt.  I used the no rain window to head out for an 8 miler with my new watch.  It felt really good to get outside and really put some time and miles on my legs.  I can tell that I really haven't lost any fitness even though I have only ran 3 times prior in the last two weeks.  It was also weird to hear my Garmin actually beep at each mile, since my old one had stop beeping loudly around two years ago...haha...I ended up running 8.55 miles at a 7:10 pace.  A really good run to get me back into the swing of running.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:33 am

I am now at that crossroad again.  The time when the training cycle is over with and I am in transition to winter maintenance.  I had a very successful training cycle and race this past summer and fall.  What's next??  Well, for the time being, I think that I am going to run Smile  My friend Pete, that ran Hamilton with me, is starting a training cycle on December 1st for a 100k race in May.  I think that my plan is going to be run 2-3 days during the week and then run weekend long runs with him.  This should keep my fitness level pretty high and help keep my weight in check as the winter rolls on.  Then, if I get into February in decent shape, I may look at doing a spring marathon.  We'll see...But this is the time when I am "In Between".

For now, I am closing this blog, but will be starting a new one to help document my winter running.  Once again, a big THANK YOU to everyone that has followed me this year and in the years past.  Thank you to those that gave me guidance, encouragement, and truly believed in me.  Without this support, I would not be where I am today.

Redemption: 2013 Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon - Page 21 Thank-you
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21