365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galloway Method

4 posters

Go down

Galloway Method Empty Galloway Method

Post  mountandog Sun May 12, 2013 8:26 am

I have a couple of family members to get started for Chicago - yes, I know running out of time for a newbie, and thought the Galloway method might be the best one. Which of his books has the best information? Or alternatively, do you think the Galloway website gives enough information to put together a plan? Usually the "key info" is hidden away and only available for $$. The plan posted online seems awfully light to me, especially with all the walking. Not a lot of running in there and a top weekly mileage of 26. Thoughts?

http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/marathon.html
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Galloway Method Empty Re: Galloway Method

Post  Schuey Sun May 12, 2013 11:02 am

You might want to take a look at "Marathon You can do it!" By Galloway. There seems to be a lot of information in there most of it you will already know but if you are looking for plans Chapter 6 has 11 plans.

Beginner Program
"To Finish" Program
Fat-Burining Training
Time-Goal Marathon 4:40
Time-Goal Marathon 4:20
Time-Goal Marathon 4:00
Time-Goal Marathon 3:45
Time-Goal Marathon 3:30
Time-Goal Marathon 3:15
Time-Goal Marathon 2:59
Time-Goal Marathon 2:39

You may still find his programs light no matter what do to his technique of training. I have always been tempted to try one of these to see if they really work but have had a hard time trying to put my personal trust in it. With that being said it has worked for lots of people and if you still feel the programs are light or one doesn't match-up well you could always mix and match.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Z Wed May 15, 2013 1:26 pm

mountandog wrote:I have a couple of family members to get started for Chicago - yes, I know running out of time for a newbie, and thought the Galloway method might be the best one. Which of his books has the best information? Or alternatively, do you think the Galloway website gives enough information to put together a plan? Usually the "key info" is hidden away and only available for $$. The plan posted online seems awfully light to me, especially with all the walking. Not a lot of running in there and a top weekly mileage of 26. Thoughts?

[url=http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/marathon.html
http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/marathon.html[/quote[/url]]

That's why the snobs call his program 'Gallowalking' Wink

For first-timers I typically recommend Hal's (I know, I know) Novice I program. I think it's a solid beginner plan.
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed May 15, 2013 3:10 pm

I second Hals as the main goal to stay motivated to continue training and finish the race.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down