365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Training Peaks?

4 posters

Go down

Why Training Peaks? Empty Why Training Peaks?

Post  Ben Z Wed May 01, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi Team -

Trying to figure out what the benefit would be of using Training Peaks vs. Garmin Connect? Other than the ability to receive coaching through TP what is/are the key differentiator(s)?

Thanks.
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Why Training Peaks? Empty Re: Why Training Peaks?

Post  Mike MacLellan Thu May 02, 2013 12:13 pm

I believe you get more metrics through TP, unless it's changed since I've last used it. But having something like TSS (training stress score) can be helpful for figuring out your whole training load. And it's a pretty accurate metric, based on your functional threshold pace.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Coleman Thu May 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Garmin Connect information is beautifully presented and also displays temperature, which I think is important, but it is way behind on fitness and training metrics. For instance, I really like the way TrainingPeaks reminds me when it detects that my threshold heart rate changes.
Chris Coleman
Chris Coleman
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu May 02, 2013 9:22 pm

For what I use it for, Garmin Connect does a great job. (mileage, pace, hr, elevation, etc)
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down