365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cubs vs. White Sox Smack Talk

+5
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Nick Morris
Admin
Pete B
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cubs vs. White Sox Smack Talk Empty Cubs vs. White Sox Smack Talk

Post  Pete B Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:12 pm

I'm off to the sports bar to watch the Chubbies decimate the Sox for two in a row (no TV at my house).

I also realized I can view the 365Runners' forums on my crackberry, but I cannot post. So I will leave it up to the rest of you for a while.
Pete B
Pete B
Poster
Poster

http://www.ahouseinthewoods.com

Back to top Go down

Cubs vs. White Sox Smack Talk Empty Re: Cubs vs. White Sox Smack Talk

Post  Admin Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:58 pm

Pete B wrote:I'm off to the sports bar to watch the Chubbies decimate the Sox for two in a row (no TV at my house).

I also realized I can view the 365Runners' forums on my crackberry, but I cannot post. So I will leave it up to the rest of you for a while.

You choose to view the whole site and still post. No excuses!!!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:17 pm

Who cares about the Cubs or the White Sox??
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:36 pm

Nick Morris wrote:Who cares about the Cubs or the White Sox??

Hey now, go Sox....HOWEVER, that does not mean I care to watch the damn game.
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:37 pm

Pete B wrote:I'm off to the sports bar to watch the Chubbies decimate the Sox for two in a row (no TV at my house).

Pete I use to like you but the above are fighting words but since you like Jerry as much as me I guess I can forgive. What's the saying can't we all just get along! afro afro

Go White Sox! cheers
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:42 pm

Schuey wrote:

Pete I use to like you but the above are fighting words but since you like Jerry as much as me I guess I can forgive. What's the saying can't we all just get along! afro afro

Go White Sox! cheers

Maybe there will be a rain delay and I'll get to watch The Voice!!Cubs vs. White Sox Smack Talk Fingerscrossed
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:12 pm

For the first time in my life, I don't have it in me to defend my Cubbies this year. The team is in serious trouble for a few years, I fear.

Thankfully the Sox aren't much better. Twisted Evil
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:25 pm

Pena > Dunn

(but Paulie is still king )
Dave-O
Dave-O

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:26 pm

Dave-O wrote:For the first time in my life, I don't have it in me to defend my Cubbies this year. The team is in serious trouble for a few years, I fear.

They're not in as bad of shape as it might seem. There's a bunch of guys in the mid to high minors that are going to be in the bigs and contributing by 2013 at the latest. My one worry is the rotation. They need to sign Fielder and I think the offense will be okay. I just have enjoyed the last week and a half where they haven't looked like a little league team.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:35 pm

YEEEESSSSSS!!!! Thunder and lightning rolling in...rain starting to fall.......will my wish come to fruition? bounce bounce bounce bounce

Cubs vs. White Sox Smack Talk Fingerscrossed

Why yes, yes it has come to fruition! What's that I hear? Oh, it's the channel changing to The Voice! Bam! Yeah!

Edit: spoke to soon Twisted Evil....it gets worse. Yes, worse than watching live baseball. Now I'm watching a FREAKING GAME from 2006! How will it end? I wonder in anticipation. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Mrs. Schuey on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:50 pm

The White Sox ground crew demonstrating an impressive level of incompetence. Not unlike Alex Rios.
Dave-O
Dave-O

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:51 pm

Dave-O wrote:The White Sox ground crew demonstrating an impressive level of incompetence. Not unlike Alex Rios.

Or Ozzie, or Hawk or.......should I go on? lol!
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:55 pm

Dave-O wrote:The White Sox ground crew demonstrating an impressive level of incompetence. Not unlike Alex Rios.

That's all you got tonight Dave? I'm going to be good and not even get started! Hey you want to watch a classic turn on Comcast and they are showing the 5-19-06 game. I'm sure you would love to watch that one Dave.

mul21 wrote:

Or Ozzie, or Hawk or.......should I go on? lol!

Well I have to admit I'm not a big Ozzie fan and I really can't stand Hawk, he drives me crazy. I do love listening to Steve Stone thought. The guy knows his baseball.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:59 pm

Schuey wrote:Hey you want to watch a classic turn on Comcast and they are showing the 5-19-06 game. I'm sure you would love to watch that one Dave.

AKA the the game I am so eagerly awaiting the outcome of. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:01 pm

mul21 wrote:

They're not in as bad of shape as it might seem. There's a bunch of guys in the mid to high minors that are going to be in the bigs and contributing by 2013 at the latest. My one worry is the rotation. They need to sign Fielder and I think the offense will be okay. I just have enjoyed the last week and a half where they haven't looked like a little league team.

Ehh. They don't have any stars in the minors. Brett Jackson is the top rated, but not many scouts regard him as an all-star caliber player. I've been burned too many times by Cubs' OF prospects.

I've just about given up on Josh Vitters. They have no 1b in the minors to be seen. Junior Lake is having a solid year, but at age 20 he's still pretty raw. I have high hopes for Matt Szczur, but again, not the type of prospect you drool over. I have no clue how Tyler Colvin forgot how to hit a baseball.

Starting pitching is bereft of any potential aces. Chris Archer, Chris Carpenter, Trey McNutt may be nice major leaguers, but probably more like 3/4 types. Hayden Simpson is on the fast path to bustville.

So what's the 2013 best case scenario?

C - Soto
1b - Fielder
2b - Barney
SS - Castro/Lake
3b - Vitters/Castro (depending on whether Lake or Vitters develop better)
Of - Jackson, Szczur, Colvin/Guyer
Sp - Zambrano, Cashner, Wells, Archer, Carpenter, McNutt

I guess that team could contend, but there's a lot of ifs and unrealized potential.
Dave-O
Dave-O

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:06 pm

Schuey wrote:

That's all you got tonight Dave? I'm going to be good and not even get started! Hey you want to watch a classic turn on Comcast and they are showing the 5-19-06 game. I'm sure you would love to watch that one Dave.

I warned you my heart wasn't in it. 13 miles in this humidity zapped me.

That being said, live in the now. What's next, you gonna bring up the 2005 Championship?
Dave-O
Dave-O

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:09 pm

Dave-O wrote:
Schuey wrote:

That being said, live in the now. What's next, you gonna bring up the 2005 Championship?

Yeah it was crazy warm out there, I can't believe I went out for a second run and I didn't even run as far as you.

No I won't bring that up you know me I live in the now! I just thought you would like to watch an old game with Greg pitching. Really what else is on TV to watch right now. Smile Oh if Tom was on I'm sure he would tell you all about 2005.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:09 pm

Honestly, I'm pretty high on Lemahieu, I think he can be a very solid 2B for a bunch of years. He's going to develop more power as he fills out. Another guy is Ryan Flaherty, who probably should have been called up instead of Lemahieu at this point.

Also, Archer went to TB in the Garza trade and is kind of sucking right now because he's really struggling to throw strikes. The guy that hurt in that deal was Hak-Ju Lee, who's hitting like .350 and has stolen a bunch of bases in AA. Guyer also went in that deal, but between Szczur, B Jackson, and Jae Hoon Ha, I think the OF is going to be fine. I just hope Vitters continues to figure it out and finds a little patience, because if he can do that, he has the potential to be a .300/25/100 guy, whether he's at 1st, 3rd or the OF.

In 2013, Garza will still be around but Z is likely gone, McNutt, Wells, and Cash will be there. There's a kid who just blew out his elbow and had TJS, Robert Whitenack who has a chance to be a top end guy, but we'll see how he comes back from the Tommy John.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:11 pm

mul21 wrote:
Dave-O wrote:For the first time in my life, I don't have it in me to defend my Cubbies this year. The team is in serious trouble for a few years, I fear.

Jim really, when have the Cubs every been in good shape. HaHa You guys have to wake-up for dream land. Oh what Dave is finally waking up. Hello Jim Hello Jim the alarm clock is going off.

Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:12 pm

Schuey wrote:
mul21 wrote:

Jim really the when have the Cubs every been in good shape. HaHa You guys have to wake-up for dream land. Oh what Dave is finally waking up. Hello Jim Hello Jim the alarm clock is going off.

Hendry is one of the worst GMs in the game...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:14 pm

Schuey wrote:
Dave-O wrote:
Schuey wrote:

Yeah it was crazy warm out there, I can't believe I went out for a second run and I didn't even run as far as you.

No I won't bring that up you know me I live in the now! I just thought you would like to watch an old game with Greg pitching. Really what else is on TV to watch right now. Smile Oh if Tom was on I'm sure he would tell you all about 2005.

What else is on?!?! Are you freaking kidding me??? I don't know....our now DVR'd The Voice. Rolling Eyes
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:17 pm

Schuey wrote:
mul21 wrote:

Jim really, when have the Cubs every been in good shape. HaHa You guys have to wake-up for dream land. Oh what Dave is finally waking up. Hello Jim Hello Jim the alarm clock is going off.

They were in great shape in Game 6 October 2003 until the idiot shortstop booted a routine ground ball that he fields and turns 2 on 999 times out of 1,000. He just picked the shittiest possible time to completely crap his pants.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:23 pm

Schuey wrote:

When they won the division in 2007? When they had the best record in the NL in 2008? They just shit themselves when it mattered. Can't blame the GM for that.

Yes, a lot of the contracts look bad now, but frankly, Hendry invested in the 07 and 08 teams. He went all in knowing that he had a 2-3 year window to win with that team. Everyone knew that the tail end of the contracts that assembled those teams were going to be brutal. And that's where we are today.

I have no problem with what he did. He went for it. I'd rather that than toiling in mediocrity for a decade. There's no excuse for that 08 team not making the World Series.
Dave-O
Dave-O

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:23 pm

mul21 wrote:
Schuey wrote:
mul21 wrote:

They were in great shape in Game 6 October 2003 until the idiot shortstop booted a routine ground ball that he fields and turns 2 on 999 times out of 1,000. He just picked the shittiest possible time to completely crap his pants.

That was a great series...I love how they folded under the pressure and then blame it on Bartman bounce bounce
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:24 pm

mul21 wrote:
Schuey wrote:
mul21 wrote:

Sure but then again isn't that what is the normal for the Cubs in big games like that? Didn't Leon Durham do the same thing in the San Diego Series?
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next