365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Least amount of training for a marathon?

+9
Jerry
Mike MacLellan
Michele "1L" Keane
wrichman
mul21
Seth Harrison
carleenp
Ben Z
JohnP
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Least amount of training for a marathon? - Page 2 Empty Re: Least amount of training for a marathon?

Post  fostever Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:23 pm

If any of you have someone with you and a car, drive to the State park in Hopkinton and catch the bus to the start from there. that's what I did last year, then my wife drove back close to downtown and rode the T to the finish.
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Least amount of training for a marathon? - Page 2 Empty Re: Least amount of training for a marathon?

Post  Schuey Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:44 pm

fostever wrote:If any of you have someone with you and a car, drive to the State park in Hopkinton and catch the bus to the start from there. that's what I did last year, then my wife drove back close to downtown and rode the T to the finish.

Well from all the years that I have now run Boston I have only stated in Boston 1 year and that was the first year. Every year since I have stated outside the city and rented a car much much cheaper and easier to drive out to the State Park.

Last year Lisa and I drove to Boston which we will do again this year and stated in Westbrough. Which by the way we only have a 5 minute drive to the State park. This year we are staying at the Residence Inn with a two rooms, living room and kitchen for 110 dollars a night.

So if there is anyone staying out that way or want to get dropped off at our hotel and driven to the State park we can do that. That way if your loved one needs to get back to the city right away before traffic. Plus the nice thing about this is that you don't have to be on a bus at 6:30am.

Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Funny, this is my 16th Boston and only the second time that I will actually be staying in Boston. I always stayed with my parents and had them drive me to Hopkinton State Park. Now that they are older, I've stayed in the city and I found that I was really missing something all those years. Just a strange turn of events.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:15 pm

I've stayed in the city for all three, and will for the 4th this year. 5 minute walk from the finish line. I love it down there. So many people. Last yr during the heatwave it was a blast to hang out. Sucked to run but that's a different story. I take a coach with a toilet on it. Sweet.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2