365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone notice the new tag line for 365Runners?

+9
Jerry
Nick Morris
Admin
Dave-O
Tim M
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Pete B
Kenny B.
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anyone notice the new tag line for 365Runners? Empty Anyone notice the new tag line for 365Runners?

Post  Kenny B. Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:16 pm

A forum for the everyday competitive runner... RUN MORE!!!

Love it!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone notice the new tag line for 365Runners? Empty Re: Anyone notice the new tag line for 365Runners?

Post  Pete B Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:18 pm

Kenny B. wrote:A forum for the everyday competitive runner... RUN MORE!!!

Love it!

Me too!
Pete B
Pete B
Poster
Poster

http://www.ahouseinthewoods.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone notice the new tag line for 365Runners? Empty Re: Anyone notice the new tag line for 365Runners?

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:19 pm

I like it, but what if you don't run competitively?
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:21 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:I like it, but what if you don't run competitively?

Everyday you're being competitive. Think about it!

Last edited by Kenny B. on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:21 pm

Love it!

I like it, it's cool but to be honest I really liked the old one better. Don't get me wrong I'm open for change, again I thought the other one describe our group much better. Just my 2 cents!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:21 pm

If you pin on a bib before you run, it is a competition. You may not think it is, but the dude next to you wants to out-kick you at the end.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:23 pm

Kenny B. wrote:

Sure I see what you are saying but not every one is being competitive. Some run for fun everyday and then again some RUN MORE everyday.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:23 pm

Schuey wrote:

Love it!

I like it, it's cool but to be honest I really liked the old one better. Don't get me wrong I'm open for change, again I thought the other one describe our group much better. Just my 2 cents!

Really! I tend to think we are pretty competitive bunch. I would say well over 90% of run races! Are we looking to attract the weekend warrior or the every day competitor? Just some thoughts!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete B Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:26 pm

Schuey wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:

Sure I see what you are saying but not every one is being competitive. Some run for fun everyday and then again some RUN MORE everyday.

I think we are all competitive - it isn't necessarily to win a race, how many of us think we are ever going to win a race? My idea of being competitive is simply to set a new PR for myself. The competition is always against yourself, that's why I train as often and as hard as I can!
Pete B
Pete B
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:27 pm

Pete B wrote:
Schuey wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:

I think we are all competitive - it isn't necessarily to win a race, how many of us think we are ever going to win a race? My idea of being competitive is simply to set a new PR for myself. The competition is always against yourself, that's why I train as often and as hard as I can!

My idea is getting out of bed. bounce
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
Schuey wrote:

Love it!

Really! I tend to think we are pretty competitive bunch. I would say well over 90% of run races! Are we looking to attract the weekend warrior or the every day competitor? Just some thoughts!

Look Kenny I'm not trying to be difficult here about it. And I would agree with you that a lot of us on here are competitive but I'm not sure if it is 90%.

As for who are we attracting I thought we wanted to be one to attract anyone that loved running competitive or not. I thought the point was to share our love for running and help teach others and learn from others about running. I think if we just focus on one group aren't we in a way limiting ourselves and our community?

I'm fine with it but just thought I would pose that question.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:31 pm

Schuey wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:
Schuey wrote:

Love it!

Look Kenny I'm not trying to be difficult here about it. And I would agree with you that a lot of us on here are competitive but I'm not sure if it is 90%.

As for who are we attracting I thought we wanted to be one to attract anyone that loved running competitive or not. I thought the point was to share our love for running and help teach others and learn from others about running. I think if we just focus on one group aren't we in a way limiting ourselves and our community?

I'm fine with it but just thought I would pose that question.

Hey! I know your not being difficult. This is all good points. I hear ya buddy! It all depends on ones perspective of the word competitive.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:31 pm

Pete B wrote:
Schuey wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:

Yep I'm right there with you on that Pete but someone new checking out the site may not take it that way. Again it is up to this community on how we want to look to the outside world and new users. So I up with what the community wants to do. Whatever the collective groups wants I'm cool with.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:35 pm

"Competitive" was merely meant to refer to our own desires to maximize our capabilities as runners. It certainly isn't intended to be exclusionary, though if that's the way its perceived, we can take it out.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Dave-O wrote:"Competitive" was merely meant to refer to our own desires to maximize our capabilities as runners. It certainly isn't intended to be exclusionary, though if that's the way its perceived, we can take it out.

Don't want to sound like a broken record. I like it and I think it is cool I was just throwing out a different view point. I say leave it up there and let's see what others have to say. You all know that meaning Dave posted fits me and a lot of us pretty darn good. Great idea.

Last edited by Schuey on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:38 pm

"A forum for the everyday competitive runner... RUN MORE!!!"

[new guy to the forum]

Hmm...

Do I have to run everyday? What if I don't? Or is everyday just meaning run of the mill?

I don't think I could ever win a race? Would I be welcomed here? Laughed at for being slow?

RUN MORE!!! - what if I only run 3 days a week? Do I have to run more? I'm fine with RUN HAPPY. That I do.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:42 pm

Tim M wrote:"A forum for the everyday competitive runner... RUN MORE!!!"

[new guy to the forum]

Hmm...

Do I have to run everyday? What if I don't? Or is everyday just meaning run of the mill?

I don't think I could ever win a race? Would I be welcomed here? Laughed at for being slow?

RUN MORE!!! - what if I only run 3 days a week? Do I have to run more? I'm fine with RUN HAPPY. That I do.

+1
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:44 pm

Why does everything have to be picked apart and over-analyzed? It's just a tagline. Short and memorable. That's all it is.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:48 pm

Mr MattM wrote:Why does everything have to be picked apart and over-analyzed? It's just a tagline. Short and memorable. That's all it is.

Cool wasn't trying to pick it apart or over-analyze it. Just tossing out a different view point. Like I said I like it. carry on. Approval
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete B Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:50 pm

Mr MattM wrote:Why does everything have to be picked apart and over-analyzed? It's just a tagline. Short and memorable. That's all it is.

I still like it - I'm an everyday runner - to me that means an average Joe-blow runner, the everyday man, a person to be counted on. I always hope to run more, the more the better. And, as stated earlier, I hope to be competitive, that being to continue a pursuit of breaking my previous times at every distance at which I compete - I compete against my previous PRs, I compete against myself.
Pete B
Pete B
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:58 pm

I like it. It was all about #3 Matt. Very Happy
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:00 pm

Memorable is the key here. We are looking to grow the site so for marketing purposes it is catchy. Are we looking to compete Very Happy with forums that people post once or twice and fade away. Plenty of them out there. I think our purpose is to have a community of runners who run. Does not have to be 365 days a year and they do not need to compete in races. But I feel if you are going to hang out at this forum you probably will want to have some competitive nature because really many of our blogs, posts etc is about competing in one way or another. My 2 cents probably worth 1/2 a cent.

Last edited by Kenny B. on Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete B Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:02 pm

Let me add to my previous post -

If you are not a 'competitive' runner, you are a jogger. (start the flame throwers)

And, how many of us have said to someone; "I'm not a jogger, I'm a runner."
Pete B
Pete B
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:21 pm

Kenny B. wrote:

No doubt!! I think it is great!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:58 pm

Not a fan of Matt promoting his running philosophy ending the never finishing debate of junk vs quality. Basketball
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next