365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Friday" Thread - 3/31/12 - 365Runners Edition

+9
Nick Morris
mountandog
Julie
Michael Enright
John Kilpatrick
Jim fredericks
Mark B
Kenny B.
Mike MacLellan
13 posters

Go down

"Friday" Thread - 3/31/12 - 365Runners Edition Empty "Friday" Thread - 3/31/12 - 365Runners Edition

Post  Mike MacLellan Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:33 pm

Shhhhh, no one has to know.
NOTE: Nothing in this thread is intended to offend. At all. If it does, please inform me ASAP so I can edit accordingly.

1. Pick the answer(s) that best applies. When I saw Michele's Boston Weather thread, I:
a. Laughed.
b. Cried.
c. Groaned.
d. Said, "it's about time!"

2. Name one thing you can do/have done during a marathon that's tougher than vomiting during a marathon.

3. Explain why Jerry's Somewhat Running Related thread had anything to do with running.

4. Should Chris have had such a big smile on his face while that poor 18-yo kid puked all over the place at the finish line? Why or why not?

5. Who is the craziest runner on this forum, and why?

6. Who is the craziest person on this forum, and why?

7. When you think about it, KOA beat the Steamrollers, right?

8. What running-related accessory does Dave-O NOT have?

9. You're running along one day and someone falls in stride with you. You look up and it's a 365er! Who is it, and why? And better yet, when you drop the hammer to see if they're paying attention, who wins?

10. Isn't it about time we start a pool on date/time that the Schuey family will become 3?

11. Any traditions you miss about the "old days" and want to bring back?

Happy "Friday," everyone! Remember, it's taper time, so this is allowed.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

"Friday" Thread - 3/31/12 - 365Runners Edition Empty Re: "Friday" Thread - 3/31/12 - 365Runners Edition

Post  Kenny B. Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:57 pm

1. Pick the answer(s) that best applies. When I saw Michele's Boston Weather thread, I:

e. stayed straight faced. Not sure why!

2. Name one thing you can do/have done during a marathon that's tougher than vomiting during a marathon.

Walk/run for the last 10 miles.

3. Explain why Jerry's Somewhat Running Related thread had anything to do with running.

Because he is Jerry and I am Kenny?

4. Should Chris have had such a big smile on his face while that poor 18-yo kid puked all over the place at the finish line? Why or why not?

Now that was funny!

Define crazy and runner! I'd say we all are pretty crazy and they crazy thing is I think it's pretty normal.

I used to be pretty crazy on the forum. I vote me in the past!

Who is KOA and Steamrollers?

Maybe....mmmm still thinking!

9. You're running along one day and someone falls in stride with you. You look up and it's a 365er! Who is it, and why? And better yet, when you drop the hammer to see if they're paying attention, who wins?

I see you Seth because I owe him something...an ass whooping. So, I drop the hammer and beat him to the finish.

10. Isn't it about time we start a pool on date/time that the Schuey family will become 3?

Very nice!

I'd like bring back the insanity of the forum that used to be on Hals forum.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

"Friday" Thread - 3/31/12 - 365Runners Edition Empty Re: "Friday" Thread - 3/31/12 - 365Runners Edition

Post  Mark B Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:51 pm

a. Laughed.
b. Cried.
c. Groaned.
d. Said, "it's about time!" - The best schadenfreude is schadenfreude over taper-inspired weather panic.

Thrombosing an external hemorrhoid. Shocked

If the guy who posted that video had any brains, he'd be running.

Sure. He was so totally in his bliss that he might not have even noticed if the kid puked on his shoes. Well, at least not until he got back to the car.

Got to be me. Low heart rate training? WTF? That's got to be like competitive napping, right? Wink

Trick question! The proper question is: Which one of us is sane?

Yes! Um...

Western States 100 buckle. Time to get crackin', Dave!

It's Jerry, on his way to the Eugene Marathon this spring. Even though he could easily dust me, I leave him behind when I drop the hammer because Jerry only runs fast when it's a real race.

Absolutely. Thanks for volunteering.

Friday Threads! Keep it up!
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim fredericks Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:58 pm

"Friday" Thread - 3/31/12 - 365Runners Edition Empty "Friday" Thread - 3/31/12 - 365Runners Edition
"Friday" Thread - 3/31/12 - 365Runners Edition Empty Mike MacLellan Today at 11:33 am

NOTE: Nothing in this thread is intended to offend. At all. If it does, please inform me ASAP so I can edit accordingly.

a. Laughed.
b. Cried.
c. Groaned.
C.

2. Name one thing you can do/have done during a marathon that's tougher than vomiting during a marathon. Used a porta potty that had obviously just been used by someone who decided to crap on the seat. I fortunately only needed to pee.

3. Explain why Jerry's Somewhat Running Related thread had anything to do with running. No idea.

4. Should Chris have had such a big smile on his face while that poor 18-yo kid puked all over the place at the finish line? Why or why not? Why not. Puking is funny when someone else does it.

5. Who is the craziest runner on this forum, and why? Matt. Do I really need to explain?

6. Who is the craziest person on this forum, and why? See #5

7. When you think about it, KOA beat the Steamrollers, right? I guess.

8. What running-related accessory does Dave-O NOT have? Heated socks.

9. You're running along one day and someone falls in stride with you. You look up and it's a 365er! Who is it, and why? And better yet, when you drop the hammer to see if they're paying attention, who wins? It is Bob, two old timers meeting up, I drop whatever hammer I have left and he kicks my ass.

10. Isn't it about time we start a pool on date/time that the Schuey family will become 3? Sure why not.

11. Any traditions you miss about the "old days" and want to bring back? No. Leave the past in the past.
Jim fredericks
Jim fredericks
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:14 pm

just read it now - i understand it but it is sort of funny...

Wasn't there a story in Hal's book about someone running with a broken bone in their foot? I think that would be pretty tough. I think the tough part is that most all people have put in a lot of training and everyone has probably had to overcome their own confidence issues to get there.

The poor girl was trying to relate it to her running times. So sad.

Should Chris have had such a big smile on his face while that poor
18-yo kid puked all over the place at the finish line? Why or why not?
Absolutely.

Jerry, because he can train for 4 weeks and crush a half marathon. Don because he can run all day and night!

Mike (haha) because he speaks in languages that I cannot comprehend like gains/losses/relative speeds, etc.

In what?

One of those running skirts that marathon pacers wear?

You're running along one day and someone falls in stride with you.
You look up and it's a 365er! Who is it, and why? And better yet, when
you drop the hammer to see if they're paying attention, who wins?
Probably nobody in my neck of the woods. I would love to run with any of my 265ers though!

Let's do it

Yeah, Friday threads!

Speak for yourself!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:20 pm

a. Laughed.
b. Cried.
c. Groaned.
e. None of the above. I just wondered why anyone would think you could predict weather in Boston!

Actually, from what I've seen, it looks pretty easy to vomit during the marathon. The hard part is not vomiting. I had to take my bib off my shirt and pin it to my shorts (was ditching the shirt) in Chicago at about mile 21 in something approaching heat stroke back in '08, and that seemed almost impossible to do at the time!

It's just Jerry - don't ask why - just enjoy!

Should Chris have had such a big smile on his face while that poor
18-yo kid puked all over the place at the finish line? Why or why not?
Sure he should have. If it's not you puking and you don't have to clean it up, it's quite enjoyable!

You are. I've seen those elevation charts.

I do not feel qualified to pick - it would suggest that I am perfectly sane to do that.

That reminds me, no more of that for me. Every time I've signed up for one of those, I've ended up injured mid-cycle.

I saw a runner carrying about a quart of gatorade once by just putting the jug of it in the back of the waistband of his shorts. I bet Dave doesn't have that going on.

You're running along one day and someone falls in stride with you.
You look up and it's a 365er! Who is it, and why? And better yet, when
you drop the hammer to see if they're paying attention, who wins?
Alex, because that's pretty much what happened in Falmouth at the Cape Cod Marathon. If he drops the hammer on me, he's gonna win (unless he raced a half the day before, like he had the day before Cape Cod!).

Many people would say that they have already become 3. As for the date/time of birth, I suck at that. It'll happen when it's supposed to!

Nope. I'm in with now. The past is overrated.

Happy Saturday Mike!
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:05 pm

a. Laughed.
b. Cried.
c. Groaned.

didn't click on it because I'm too slow for Boston

Just the knife-in-the-knee feeling I've gotten a few times. Oh and the marathon I ran in high humidity, 80 degrees, both knees injured and pregnant (2008) that was tough.

I didn't click on it...

Yes, because he just finished a race. Be happy with your own accomplishments ant then try to help the guy out (well, the medical team took care of him anyway so he didn't really need Chris).

I think we're all crazy in our own way, in a good way.

see above.

not sure. I'm not doing too well for this thread.

Does he have a Spi Belt? I really like mine.

Well, maybe Peg since she actually runs in the same part of the state and a lot of my city's races. She probably wins because she's been training and I haven't.

They're 3. They're waiting to hold the little baby but very much already a little person there. And no, because there is nothing more annoying to a pregnant woman than for people to bug her about when baby is going to come a month before she's even due and then go another 8 days over with everyone including strangers harassing her every day about when she's going to have the baby (personal rant, if you can't tell).

I can't think of any. Forge ahead to the future...right?

We're not all going to Boston...some of us aren't even training right now. Maybe I should taper for my little wagon rides around the neighborhood with my toddler. Ha!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:12 pm

a. Laughed.
b. Cried.
c. Groaned.

C: because I care

Medical tent for 2 - liters of fluid @ Mt. Desert

Hmmmmmm....several thoughts here > Blondes and running to start

Oh yeah - young punk couldn't hold it in

We're all nuts - could be sittin on a beach instead of running in cold rain

All you 100+ mpw people

You wish Mike - we smoked you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of those cute headbands

Bussard (we're near the same age) - but he must be slowin down to let me catch up > then I put the hammer down and he smokes me w/o even lookin back

I didn't predict any of my 6, how am I goin to predict theirs?

Nope

Interesting > This is my 6th marathon and the taper madness hasn't hit yet.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:46 pm

a. Laughed. Then I read it and...
b. Cried.
c. Groaned.

Beer per mile.

I had totally forgotten that she compares it to her running times. 8min/mi, not too shabby!

Well, I started laughing at the kid who outkicked me and puked at the finish line of a marathon, so sure. It's kind of funny.

Don or Whitney.

No idea. I feel like my blog is one of the more, uh... "Interesting" (read: melodramatic, manic-depressive, etc.).

Sure did.

I like the whole quart of Gatorade thing because it reminds me of those curved-phallus bottle things that had a thread of their own a while back.

I meant for this to be more of a "if you could run with any 365er, who and why?" thing, within reason, since I think the only people relatively close to me are Jack and Reina. I think it'd be neat to be running alongside Schuey, Mark, John, or Michele. I'd lose, I'd win, I'd tie (when he's not injured), and I would be too much of a gentleman to try. What a Face

Ah, okay. Maybe I should've worded it another way. The one woman who's responded said no way, but the guys seem to want it. We'll have to see if any women agree and Julie becomes the outlier before I go ahead and PM them about it.

Just want to keep the Week in Training and Friday Threads going!

Interestingly enough, madness hasn't hit me yet, either. I think it will the end of this week.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:54 pm

Just remember, Mike: Youth and enthusiasm will never defeat old age and treachery.

Shots + Running = Dead
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:27 pm

Mark B wrote:Just remember, Mike: Youth and enthusiasm will never defeat old age and treachery.

"Friday" Thread - 3/31/12 - 365Runners Edition 1193849567 + "Friday" Thread - 3/31/12 - 365Runners Edition 4044942068 = "Friday" Thread - 3/31/12 - 365Runners Edition 4209083858

touche
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:29 pm

a. Laughed.
b. Cried.
c. Groaned.

A.

Run/walking 13 miles on a blow out gluteous minimus and medius in 87 degree weather

Because it is Jerry Smile

Yes, because it was friggin' hilarious

I can't named just one, because I think we are all crazy Razz

Jerry...split personalities

You know it!!

Sweatbands??

I would say Jim, because we are at about the same level right now. But I would defintely out kick him!!

Let's do it!!

The past is the past...I am more about the present and future...

For you it is, but I have quite a few months before I hit the madness...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:
I meant for this to be more of a "if you could run with any 365er, who and why?" thing, within reason, since I think the only people relatively close to me are Jack and Reina. I think it'd be neat to be running alongside Schuey, Mark, John, or Michele. I'd lose, I'd win, I'd tie (when he's not injured), and I would be too much of a gentleman to try. What a Face

Mike, thanks again for doing this, but it would be a good day for me if I could keep up with you - I might swimming, but that's a big "if" and that would be about it!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:12 pm

a. Laughed.
b. Cried.
c. Groaned.

2. Name one thing you can do/have done during a marathon that's tougher than vomiting during a marathon. I'd rather vomit than suffer from the leg cramps I've gotten in the last few miles of most marathons.

3. Explain why Jerry's Somewhat Running Related thread had anything to do with running. Can we retire the third-person speak yet?

4. Should Chris have had such a big smile on his face while that poor 18-yo kid puked all over the place at the finish line? Why or why not? Yes, because it showed that kid how easy of a run it was for Chris. I'm all for smack talk.

5. Who is the craziest runner on this forum, and why? Manning has pulled some crazy and impressive running stunts.

6. Who is the craziest person on this forum, and why? Kenny B

7. When you think about it, KOA beat the Steamrollers, right? I don't know what this means. Should I?

8. What running-related accessory does Dave-O NOT have? I have never owned, and don't ever plan on owning, a fuel-belt.

9. You're running along one day and someone falls in stride with you. You look up and it's a 365er! Who is it, and why? And better yet, when you drop the hammer to see if they're paying attention, who wins? It's Chris, Jim M, and John K. I drop the hammer on them, but slowly, to string them along. I leave all three bent over, sucking wind. Then I buy them beers.

10. Isn't it about time we start a pool on date/time that the Schuey family will become 3? Did someone say gambling?

11. Any traditions you miss about the "old days" and want to bring back? Chris' top 5 list blog

Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:41 pm

Dave-O wrote: It's Chris, Jim M, and John K. I drop the hammer on them, but slowly, to string them along. I leave all three bent over, sucking wind. Then I buy them beers.

That's not right. I think we would have to go for a 5K swim afterwards to get the kinks out.......

Dave-O wrote:Chris' top 5 list blog
Yeah Chris, what's up with that?

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:49 pm

NOTE: Nothing in this thread is intended to offend. At all. If it does, please inform me ASAP so I can edit accordingly. I would never be offended - especially after you said you'd be too much of a gentleman to beat me Wink

a. Laughed.
b. Cried.
c. Groaned.
e. since I posted it, it doesn't apply, right?

2. Name one thing you can do/have done during a marathon that's tougher than vomiting during a marathon. Suffered from dehydration and had to spend 20 minutes in the medical tent. I then walked/jogged/ran the last 6.2 miles though.

3. Explain why Jerry's Somewhat Running Related thread had anything to do with running. Cause the crazy blond tried to do running speed math. You would have thought she was at mile 22, when math becomes rocket science.

4. Should Chris have had such a big smile on his face while that poor 18-yo kid puked all over the place at the finish line? Why or why not? Absolutely as he just nailed his race.

5. Who is the craziest runner on this forum, and why? Matt as he has done some outrageous running/non-running things.

6. Who is the craziest person on this forum, and why? Kevin cause he approaches life with the attitude that I wish I had.

7. When you think about it, KOA beat the Steamrollers, right? Don't think so.

8. What running-related accessory does Dave-O NOT have? Pink skirt or pink shoes??

9. You're running along one day and someone falls in stride with you. You look up and it's a 365er! Who is it, and why? And better yet, when you drop the hammer to see if they're paying attention, who wins? I'd love to run with any of you, but most likely it would be Steven (Gobbles) here in Atlanta (and no one in Cleveland Sad ), but I'd sure love the push from Schuey, or Dave-O, or Mike or really any of you (I've run with Kevin!). Vivian and I are about the same pace, so we would have a good training run. I wouldn't win a speed race, but it sure would be fun to try.

10. Isn't it about time we start a pool on date/time that the Schuey family will become 3? She'll come when she comes (and I know they do not know the sex, but I'm hoping for a girl so Schuey can dote on her.)

11. Any traditions you miss about the "old days" and want to bring back? None, but I sure do want to keep up these threads and the weekly mileage thread (while Kevin is gone on a work assignment for 3 months).
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:01 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:
3. Explain why Jerry's Somewhat Running Related thread had anything to do with running. Cause the crazy blond tried to do running speed math. You would have thought she was at mile 22, when math becomes rocket science.

So true! I distinctly remember in one marathon I had about a 5 minute internal debate as to whether mile marker 23 meant I had completed 23 miles (meaning 3.2 to go) or if the marker was the beginning of mile 23 (so 22.01, meaning 4.2 to go). Huh????

Are we sure marathoning is healthy? Question

8. What running-related accessory does Dave-O NOT have? Pink shoes??

"Friday" Thread - 3/31/12 - 365Runners Edition Boston10

Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:17 pm

a. Laughed.
b. Cried.
c. Groaned.

Every time when Jerry hear people talking about Boston.

Let's not go there.

Oh, the blond mentioned she could run 7 minute pace when she was in shape.

Yes. He is just naughty.

Not Jerry, cause he is not a runner. Jerry is a racer!

Kenny, no doubt.

Don't remember what my team is. lol!

Sports Bra.

Funny, Chicago 2010, Jerry heard all about two runners bumping into each other and had some heated conversation on the incident. Later on, Jerry found out it was Schuey.

That would be cool. We can bet on boy or girl too.

Weekly Training and Friday Thread are classic. Unfortunately Jerry sucked every time.

Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:05 pm

Dave, I'm not sure the self-incrimination with the shoes was a wise choice. Though they are pretty cool shoes.
And totally cracking up at the mile marker 23 thing. Epic.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:33 pm

Dave-O wrote:

So true! I distinctly remember in one marathon I had about a 5 minute internal debate as to whether mile marker 23 meant I had completed 23 miles (meaning 3.2 to go) or if the marker was the beginning of mile 23 (so 22.01, meaning 4.2 to go). Huh????

I've done that often because I'll hit the splits on my watch and look at the number and try to figure out if I'm working on mile 18 or done with 18 or whatever.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Dave-O wrote:

But they are not completely pink!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:51 pm

Dave-O wrote:

They look more like Salmon color than pink!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:06 pm

Dave-O wrote:

True, but they are pink...I am disappointed that he didn't have a singlet to match.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:48 pm

a. Laughed.
b. Cried.
c. Groaned.

Running on a sprained ankle Razz

3. Explain why Jerry's Somewhat Running Related thread had anything to do with running. Dave-O's answer is classic Smile

4. Should Chris have had such a big smile on his face while that poor 18-yo kid puked all over the place at the finish line? Why or why not? Absolutely! It's deserved

5. Who is the craziest runner on this forum, and why? There are a few...I can't choose.

6. Who is the craziest person on this forum, and why? Jerry Very Happy

7. When you think about it, KOA beat the Steamrollers, right? Yes! Hahaha! bounce

8. What running-related accessory does Dave-O NOT have? A Road ID. HA!

9. You're running along one day and someone falls in stride with you. You look up and it's a 365er! Who is it, and why? And better yet, when you drop the hammer to see if they're paying attention, who wins? I'd say my husband because he runs the Lakefront as do I. I'd win if the hammer were dropped because I've been telling him since we met he'd eat my dust...hahaha! Hey, I can dream, right?! Razz

10. Isn't it about time we start a pool on date/time that the Schuey family will become 3? Funny you mention this...just today, I was wondering if the people at work were going to start a pool on the arrival date that baby Schu is born. I saw this thread and loved it and think it would be fun to do! We are currently at 22.5 weeks Smile

11. Any traditions you miss about the "old days" and want to bring back? I like the Friday Threads, so it's cool it's continuing.
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down