365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running To Sanity -- Starting Over

+15
Schuey
T Miller
Dave P
Kenny B.
JohnP
Seth Harrison
KathyK
dot520
Mike MacLellan
John Kilpatrick
mul21
Mark B
Michele "1L" Keane
KBFitz
Dave Wolfe
19 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Running To Sanity -- Starting Over - Page 4 Empty Re: Running To Sanity -- Starting Over

Post  Dave Wolfe Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:22 pm

Thanks Mark --

Last weekend Bobby said “no offense dad but every year it takes you longer to run the marathon.” So this week I decided I would actually “train” and set a modest goal for November. Nutrition, more base miles, and long runs over the 2nd half of the actual course. Although over a short 4 mile course I ran my fastest time per mile pace over any distance in the last 2.5 years. If I can develop the endurance to hold the same effort (not pace) over 26.2 I'll be quite happy.
Dave Wolfe
Dave Wolfe
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Running To Sanity -- Starting Over - Page 4 Empty Re: Running To Sanity -- Starting Over

Post  Mark B Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:33 pm

Sounds like a good plan. Getting your kid to eat his words is as good a motivation as I could ever imagine.  Very Happy 
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wolfe Sat May 17, 2014 11:16 am

Running well for so early in the year . . . if not blogging.

A couple of early races: a 4 miler (34:18) and a 10K (55:19) project a 4:10 marathon if I can build up my endurance. Now before I start counting chickens I always run 15 to 20 minutes slower than the runner calculators suggest. (I ran 5:35 last year -- yes it helps to train) 

But I have a good mix of easy running and a very few hard efforts as I build a base before actual marathon training begins.  I also want to get a bike to x-train, a small concession that I am getting older, because I want a way to build some aerobic conditioning but run fewer days. I was surprised at how expensive bikes are so no rush there.

I'll just put it out there as my dream goal -- sub 4:00 this year. In 2008 I ran a 4:09 but I'm sure I've got better in me. (ssh don't tell anyone).
Dave Wolfe
Dave Wolfe
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sat May 17, 2014 12:16 pm

So how much of a sub-4?  I'm still not sure where I'm headed time-wise for NY.  My Cleveland training partner that will be with me in NY has signed up for Erie in hopes of getting her BQ so that she, our summer Philly friend, and I can all have a fun run in Boston next April.  That being the case, I'm on the fence as to whether or not we will simply run for fun in NY (in which case that means around 4:15 for me) or whether I'll really go for time.   

Anyway, keep up the good work, Dave.  It is easy to get uninspired as the summer creeps in on us (but darn I would never get uninspired if I could run in Central Park or Van Cortland 1x per week).  My mom told me at mile 12 in Boston that I was slow - maybe that was the secret to my race (and she has never run a step in her life).
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wolfe Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:55 pm

Jeez Dave a month since I blogged. Hum.

Got a Training Peaks email that marathon training starts tomorrow --  24 week plan.  Have a fair base except for last week when work drove me crazy and I didn't run. 

Lot's of hills and easy running.  Although I've come to the conclusion I don't like to run much over 10 miles these days. Well I'll need to change that at least for one more training cycle.
Dave Wolfe
Dave Wolfe
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wolfe Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:52 am

So at some point earlier this week, while not running, I did something to the bottom of my right foot. Lot's of pain on the ball of the foot. But after three days off was able to run an easy 5 miler this morning. Not sure if I will go again tomorrow but I do need to get back in the groove.
Dave Wolfe
Dave Wolfe
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4