365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissertating And Running

+9
Schuey
Dave P
Kenny B.
dot520
Jerry
Seth Harrison
Mark B
Michele "1L" Keane
Michael Mitchell
13 posters

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 4 Empty Re: Dissertating And Running

Post  Mark B Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:28 pm

You know, no matter how frustrating it is to schedule runs on busy days, it's always satisfying when you manage to squeeze one in. It feels like you're getting away with something. Approval
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 4 Empty Agreed

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:29 pm

Yep. Agreed. Yep the run will be at home. Probably the 4 pm hour.....Have a student that wants a conference at 5 pm on the phone. Lovely. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.letsrun.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:12 pm

Yuck....hot runs inside?? They're bad enough when they're outside but sometimes you get a slight breeze so you can convince yourself that it isn't really hell. Oppressive, hot, humid all wrapped up on a treadmill? You're awesome!
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 4 Empty Go Dynamo!!

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:25 pm

Yeah, hot inside. The run was at the house. Thank you for the compliment. I do think I am even close to that. LOL It was 78 inside, so yeah, hot inside. It was good though. Very strong ( I have been doing the Ab Slider for 3 sets of 10 and 15 minutes of Pilates each night for one week. I can TOTALLY tell the difference) 52:30 for 7 miles. It is 65 degrees outside, so I am thinking it will not hit the progged 83 ( as I write this, they have lowered it to 78) and that will help. The run will be at home at 4 pm. Now, my first game as a assistant coach. We did better than I thought we would. We won 3-2 and my son got one goal. Very cool. I can say this is a FAR cry from last year. Next Tuesday, I have to run practice because the head coach will be at work. Fun. Smile I have 35 miles this week. Really successful week so far. 52:30 will be the offing today watching NCAA basketball. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 4 Empty Ending Up The Week

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:41 am

Ended up running a 37:30 at the house for 5 miles on Saturday. Gave me 40 miles for the week. Really successful, I might add. I swear this week will be a humdinger. Why? I have two folks out this whole week. I have to cover shifts all the way through to Thursday. Today, I have to cover one shift, my full time library assistant is out and not sure what is going on with another. The run will be TOTALLY rushed today. We are talking really rushed. I am thinking it might start at 4:30 pm at Cossaboom and I am going to have to really rush to leave..maybe no shower....Yesterday, 52:30 for 7 miles. I had to urinate so bad it hurt, but I was a trooper ( sorry for the TMI..LOL) and finished. I then biked for 40 minutes (7 miles) until I was told that I had to get my son. Why? Not because it was closing, but you are only allowed to have your child in the Kidzone for 2 hours. Umm, no one told me that. The folks at Kidzone stated, "I thought everyone was told". Nope, not me. Oh well. I have 7 miles this week.

Last edited by Michael Mitchell on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 4 Empty Seeing The Doctor

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:43 am

The frequent urination is concerning me. Made an appointment at 8 am tomorrow just to check it out. Could be a UTI, but not sure...so we shall see. I think I can get my run started at 4:10 pm today. That should put me in good line. Tomorrow will be around 12 noon, I think. Oh, I have to run soccer practice Tuesday evening because the head coach will not be there. Rush, rush.....LOL
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 4 Empty Still Trucking

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:55 am

Not sure what is going on with the doctor. She is not sure what is going on, but the urine is clear. She stated that she expected that. She should want me back this week. Run was good. Nice. No one was in the gym. Glided through 7 miles at 52:30 and was happy. Going back to Cossaboom to do the run at 2 or 4 pm. There is a slight chance it will be done at home if I go to a presentation by one of our database folks at 1 pm. Slight. I have 14 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:34 am

Weird about the urination bit. Could you be downing more caffeine to make it through this crazy week?

Also, could your electrolytes balance be off, allowing less of the fluid you take in to stay in your body? You do sweat a lot with your hot-n-humid runs. Are you taking any Endurolytes or S-Caps to compensate for the sodium loss?

Here is an article with a chart included that gives indications of what happens with various levels of hydration and electrolyte levels. Don't know if it relates to your situation, but it seems worth looking at.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:42 pm

I hope she tested for diabetes and prostate issues. I know you are fit and young, but you need to check every angle.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:49 am

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:I hope she tested for diabetes and prostate issues. I know you are fit and young, but you need to check every angle.

Understood. Not sure what she will do next....
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 4 Empty Where Ya Been Friend?

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:57 am

What a last week. Gee, I even forgot where I was. Humm. Let me see. I ran a 52:00 for 7 miles on Saturday. I know I ended up with 32 miles last week. I know I lost Thursday because I had a blow out on my tires coming home. Yep, a blowout. Took out the whole day. LOL. I ran 7 miles at 53:12 for 7 miles on Friday. Just a weird week. Sunday, I ran a 52:30 for 7 miles, but the first 3.5 miles were at a 7:36 pace. The last 1.5 miles were at a 7:19 pace. Somewhere during that run, I tweaked my ankle. A small tweak. For that reason, I ran an easy 39:00 for 5 miles yesterday. It was hot and sweaty. Really bad. I iced the ankle and it was ok. It is ok today. With no 1:30 meeting, the run should take place in the 2 pm hour. We still have soccer practice today at 6 pm, but with the rains coming, I am not so sure.....I have 12 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 4 Empty Why Can You Not Keep Up?

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:20 am

Wow. I have not been on since Tuesday. Wow. Well, I got 42 miles in this past week. Tough, but done. I had a 52:30 on Friday and a 53:12 on Saturday. I had a 52:00 on Wednesday and a 52:13 for Thursday. They felt good. The humidity is slowly getting higher, but good nonetheless. My son had four shots on goal for Saturday, but did not score. We won 3-0. Despite our lack of coaching knowledge, our team is really good. Yesterday, 52:17 with 5 of those miles at a 7:24 pace. Also, I worked three hours in the yard ( I hate weedeaters. I just do. LOL) that morning. I will run at Cossaboom today. I will make sure to get my fluids in before the run. I have 7 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:28 pm

Boy, I go on vacation and you start neglecting your blog. Tsk.

Good job on the 42 miles last week (all on the treadmill? ugh) and congrats to your talented team. You must be a better coach than you think.

Any word on the physical issues?
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 4 Empty SorryAbout That!!

Post  Michael Mitchell Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:58 am

Oops. Let me see, 53:12 hot sweaty disgusting miles at Cossaboom on Tuesday. It was reading 75 degrees, but I not sure about that. 51:55 for 7 miles at home on Wednesday. That cold front made it a joy. Just a pure joy. Did not run on Thursday, but I had an anxiety/heartburn attack at 10 pm that night, so I got on the treadmill and jogged 3 miles in 30 minutes. On Friday, I was exhausted. Just exhausted. I did a blend of 7:36/7:30 for 7 miles and came in at 52:50 for 7 miles. I was very hot and sweaty again. LOL. Today, I am going to jog for 20 minutes this morning and run a 52:30 for 7 (with a one mile cool down) miles this afternoon. That will give me 41 miles this week. Physical issues. Well, my GP wants me in for a complete physical when I can do it. Gave me a long voice mail about my health and staying healthy. Smile

Edit: We have a soccer game at 11 am today. We are a good team and I am sure it is not because of me. We worked with the top scorers ( my son is one of them...far cry from last year) and let us see if it worked.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:52 pm

Well, your GP sounds smart. You've got the fitness part down pat, which I'm sure your cardiovascular system appreciates, but that's only part of the whole picture of health. Your stress load seems large, and your body might be protesting. Those anxiety and heartburn attacks need tending to!

Congrats on your budding soccer star!
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 4 Empty Fun Times At The Hot Saloon

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:10 am

Mark B wrote:Well, your GP sounds smart. You've got the fitness part down pat, which I'm sure your cardiovascular system appreciates, but that's only part of the whole picture of health. Your stress load seems large, and your body might be protesting. Those anxiety and heartburn attacks need tending to!

Congrats on your budding soccer star!

You might be right. It also might be our mattress. I am serious. My wife is having back problems. This is affecting my arms and hands. I will go over this with my DC today. I am thinking a full physical on May 20. That is the only time I have available all day long. LOL. We lost 4-3. Why? Two cheap goals. One was when one of our players kicked the ball in our goal. Well at least we are getting him out of his shell. Another was when our goalie was talking to his mom and I was yelling heads up and wham, ball went in the goal. Sigh. I ran a 40 minute run on Saturday to give me 36 miles for the week. I ran a very hot 39 minute 5 miler on Sunday. I plan to run 7 miles at either Cossaboom at 2 pm if I get in on my DC appointment. If not, 4 pm at home.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 4 Empty Moderate Times At The Hot Room

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:05 am

Looks like a 2 pm run at Cossaboom. I got an appointment for 5 pm, but not sure if he can see me by 5:45 pm. We shall see.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 4 Empty No Run

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:27 pm

Too much going on. DC appointment. Boston. Work. Paperwork. Will run at 12 noon at a 7:36 pace. It is disgusting and hazy out. This run should be great. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 4 Empty Disgusting

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:18 pm

Will give more later. Yes, disgusting. Yes, humid. Ugghh. 52:30 for 7 miles. Gotta go coach soccer practice. Fun. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:49 am

Disgusting. Humid. Gritty. Houston.

Just imagine how tough training in these conditions are making you! You could probably go run Badwater and think "Huh. So what's the big deal? Cassaboom is way nastier than this!" Wink
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 4 Empty This Day And That

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:10 am

Mark- Yeah, I know right. Well yesterday's run was almost as worse. The humidity was just obscene. It contributed to me getting hurt. Yep, I am hurt. This time, left gastroc, middle part. I did run a 52:30 for 7 miles before getting hurt. We all know the drill. ART, Ortho Insert Adjustment, Massage and (Walking, Biking and Swimming are ok) let the orthotics do their job. Here is the weird part. I got an appointment Monday morning with the Ortho folks. Shocked me big time. Second, ART appointment at 4:30 pm today. I did mow today ( taking the day off) and the knot lessened somewhat. I am massaging all the way through. We shall see what happens. I have 21 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 4 Empty Hurt, Hurt, Hurt

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:45 pm

Yep, no running. Not Thursday, Friday or Sunday. I did run 2 miles on Saturday, but had a spasm and stopped. I got my orthotics done on Monday, but it was a new orthotist. She did the left ok, but forgot to compensate for the right one. Humm. I did run for 2 miles this morning ( really easy) and it was ok. I will run today for 50 minutes at a 10 minute pace. I sure hope I can make it. As you have followed my blogs for ages, this takes time for it to come back, so I am stuck....
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 4 Empty Back To The Grind

Post  Michael Mitchell Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:43 am

It started very slowly, but what was weird is that nothing hurt at 10 minutes per mile. After the first mile at 10, I started speeding up, albeit slowly, but speeding up. By the 40 minute mark, I was at an 8:34 pace and so far so good. I was really happy. I was only going for 50 minutes, but happy. I went through 5 miles in 46 flat and I was happy. I ended up with 5.5 miles in 50 minutes. The dark cloud hanging over me was gone. Now, tomorrow, I will have the orthotist compensate the other insert. She is a new one (former RMT and knows about Compartment Syndrome and ART..big help and young...LOL) and forgot the right insert. That might be a problem on this run today, but maybe not. I have an ART appointment at 5 pm tomorrow and the Orthotic appointment at 8 am tomorrow. The goal today ( and it is attainable) is a 56 minute run (7 miles). I should be ok. I will warm up first, but I should be ok. I have 7.5 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Dissertating And Running - Page 4 Empty Wow

Post  Michael Mitchell Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:04 pm

Wow. Wow. Wow. This recovery is faster than I first thought. Now, I did not run yesterday due to my soleus being sore. I went back to the orthotic folks for an adjustment. I told self,
"Self, 8 minute pace for 56 minutes. That is it. Nothing more or less". Yes, I was tired. I ended up running a 7:56 pace for the last 4 miles to give me a 55:30. I am happy. The legs are good. I do plan to massage my legs tonight and I have taken in fluids. Tomorrow will be a carbon copy of today. I feel really relieved right now. Very happy. I have 15 miles this week.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:23 pm

Excellent news about the recovery, but I wish you didn't have anything to recover from.

You mention compartment syndrome. Is that part of that recurring problem for you?
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next