365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vacation Ideas!

+3
Michele "1L" Keane
Tim C
Kenny B.
7 posters

Go down

Vacation Ideas! Empty Vacation Ideas!

Post  Kenny B. Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Planning on a vacation with just my wife for April. Came across some very nice places but we are tossed on where to go. We enjoy pool and ocean and very important to be able to go out for the day on a private sailboat and cruise, eat, drink and go see some spectacular caves, or islands etc. We don't dive but snorkeling is nice.

In addition, we would like the option to go out at night a few days for dinner having more authentic cuisine vs. the Americanized cuisine that most resorts seen to have. We enjoy Mexican food so Mexico is most likely the place although considering this one place in Jamaica.

We narrowed it down to

Excellent Playa Mujueres - Mexico all-inclusive or La Blanc which is right in the heart of things.

Puerto Vallerta - Hotels not sure but considering Garza Blanca option all-inclusive or not 10 min cab ride to town.

Play Del Carmen - Not sure of the boutique hotels (Maya Villa Condos) right in town, or all-inclusive like Secrets Maromoa not near town or Royal Playa Del Carmen near downtown.

Tulum - more rustic places right on the beach and in the town of Tulum for food etc.

Jamaica - Goldeneye resort- now this place is heaven and expensive. Lagoon Suites literally on the lagoon but we are not big fan of Jamaican Jerky food and there is only 1 restaurant and no where to go otherwise. What was intersting is one of the activities is team morning run with enthusist runners from the area. Although I plan on no running.

Curacao looks interesting as well.

Last edited by Kenny B. on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Vacation Ideas! Empty Re: Vacation Ideas!

Post  Tim C Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:29 pm

We went to Playa del Carmen a few years back and it remains one of our favorite vacations ever. Great food at reasonable prices, clear, warm water for snorkeling (take a boat to Cozumel and snorkel on the west shore). Explore the cenotes and snorkel in them, lay on the beach drinking Corona.

Fond memories...
Tim C
Tim C
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:37 pm

I went to Playa Del Carmen once too and I liked it enough. If you are a beach person, then you will enjoy it even more. I did like St. Thomas and St. Johns better as it had a mix of beach, snorkleing, scuba and then just driving around the island of St. Johns. I am not a beach person, so remember that I'd rather go to NYC or London or Paris.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:05 pm

If its up to me, apparently never, April vacation has one option, Boston. lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:09 pm

A former supervisor of mine went to Playa del Carmen regularly and really liked it.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:35 pm

On my recommendation, my brother and his wife are down at Le Blanc in Cancun right now. Its pretty awesome. Check it out:

http://www.leblancsparesort.com/default-en.html
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  carleenp Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:40 am

After days of research, we are staying at The Royal Playa del Carmen over the Christmas holiday. It seemed to be the best all inclusive place that had both a reputation for good food, a large selection of food, comfortable beds, and was adults only. http://www.realresorts.com/The-Royal-Playa-Carmen/

There were some other places that interested me but they were sold out when I booked. I booked the Royal through Expedia with air too and got around $400 savings that way. Buy the trip insurance if you go that route though because the hotel is prepay and non-refundable!

carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down