365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

supplies for 24 hour camping relay

+4
Chris M
T Miller
Michele "1L" Keane
amyjoann
8 posters

Go down

supplies for 24 hour camping relay Empty supplies for 24 hour camping relay

Post  amyjoann Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:12 pm

we are running a 24 hour 3.1 cross country relay in a park with a team of ten women.I'm looking at list of thing?s I need to bring I'm wondering if anyone has something out of the ordinary that would come in real handy . I have basics like tent food flashlights,toilet paper , head lamps,lube,first aid kit,extra clothes garbage bags,tons of water,baby wipes so we might smell a ittle less offensive.If anyone would like to add to list I would appreciate it , also what would work good for nutrition? Laughing
amyjoann
amyjoann
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

supplies for 24 hour camping relay Empty Re: supplies for 24 hour camping relay

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:06 pm

Energy bars, peanut butter sandwiches, a tarp, ponchos, sports drink, raisins, gorp.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  T Miller Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:00 am

If you have a tarp then I would suggest rope. Rope would also come in handy if you want a clothes line. If you have peanut butter sandwiches I would suggest jelly. If I were out there I would want coffee so I would probably bring a camp stove. If I had a camp stove I would probably consider what else I may want to prepare on it like pancakes, eggs, chicken noodle soup or oatmeal, etc... Also, a lantern may be handy at night around camp Lots of Ice and a big cooler would probably be appreciated by all. Some camp chairs would also come in handy since I'm assuming you're all going to spend a lot of time just hanging out. I'm not sure where you want to draw the line but a hammock would probably be a popular item. In addition, fruit is always a great choice since it doesn't need to be refrigerated and is pretty easy on the system. If you're planning a camp fire then you have to have smore ingredients at the very least.

It sounds like a great time. Have fun.
T Miller
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:32 am

24 hours of running AND camping? What sounds like fun to some of you describes torture to me! I'd want good directions to the nearest Ritz Carlton and I'd come back and meet up with my friends when it was my turn to run. But have fun doing this madness....
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:31 pm

T Miller wrote:If you have a tarp then I would suggest rope. Rope would also come in handy if you want a clothes line. If you have peanut butter sandwiches I would suggest jelly. If I were out there I would want coffee so I would probably bring a camp stove. If I had a camp stove I would probably consider what else I may want to prepare on it like pancakes, eggs, chicken noodle soup or oatmeal, etc... Also, a lantern may be handy at night around camp Lots of Ice and a big cooler would probably be appreciated by all. Some camp chairs would also come in handy since I'm assuming you're all going to spend a lot of time just hanging out. I'm not sure where you want to draw the line but a hammock would probably be a popular item. In addition, fruit is always a great choice since it doesn't need to be refrigerated and is pretty easy on the system. If you're planning a camp fire then you have to have smore ingredients at the very least.

It sounds like a great time. Have fun.

If you bring all that, you may as well bring the cast iron skillet to cook the pancakes, and a fly rod to catch some fish while you are waiting to run the next leg, or if there's no creek or lake, a net to catch some grasshoppers to fry up in the skillet to mix with those smores. Very Happy

If you invite Chris next time, he'll bring the luxury RV that sleeps 20 and has 3 wide screen TV's and a jacuzzi. Razz
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:51 am

Is it a loop route, to where you can set up a home base?

If so, I'd suggest also packing...
-Lawn chairs
-A baby pool
-Boom box with extra batteries
-Pop-up sun shade

Good suggestions already on the food suggestions. Bring a variety of drinks and food -- it might get pretty monotonous eating the same thing all day and night.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:06 am

No one has mentioned the obvious yet, so I'll jump in: gin, tonic water, limes. What a Face
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:27 am

Here are few things that we used on our 24 relay but ours was done in a van.

Bananas
Febreeze for the used running clothes
Ziploc bags to put used running clothes in

Not sure if the last 2 will be a huge benefit at a campsite but in a van they were a lifesaver.
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down