365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the year...continued...

+23
fostever
jon c
Mark B
Seth Harrison
Jerry
Peg Coover
Chris M
Michele "1L" Keane
Jim Lentz
John Kilpatrick
Alex Kubacki
ChasMcG
JohnP
Paula Sue
Julie
mul21
Tom H
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Kenny B.
Mike MacLellan
Natalie
Nick Morris
27 posters

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

This is the year...continued... - Page 13 Empty Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Seth Harrison Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:24 pm

Nick Morris wrote:8/6 -

I got in a 6 miler early Saturday morning prior to the wedding. The wedding was excellent...Then I spent the entire night shaking rump on the dance floor!!

Does that qualify as a double workout?
Safe driving home.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

This is the year...continued... - Page 13 Empty Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Julie Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:22 pm

sounds like a fun time! Hope the wedding went well and blessings on your friends' marriage.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:57 pm

Seth Harrison wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:8/6 -

I got in a 6 miler early Saturday morning prior to the wedding. The wedding was excellent...Then I spent the entire night shaking rump on the dance floor!!

Does that qualify as a double workout?
Safe driving home.

I think so...I think that I sweat more on the dance floor than I did during the morning run.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:59 pm

Julie wrote:sounds like a fun time! Hope the wedding went well and blessings on your friends' marriage.

Thanks Julie, it most definately was a fun time.

On a side note, my knee has been feeling good the last couple of days and I think that I am going to go back at it starting tomorrow.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:11 am

Unless you were doing the walking/running man or le velo (youtube it), I'm gonna have to say that your dancing was cross-training, not a double. Very Happy
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:02 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:Unless you were doing the walking/running man or le velo (youtube it), I'm gonna have to say that your dancing was cross-training, not a double. Very Happy

Ha! So true!

Good to see the knee is better and you'll be back at it full bore this week. Are you just shooting for the basic BQ this fall? I keep thinking you're running Chicago again even though you're going up to the Twin Cities.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:25 pm

mul21 wrote:
Mike MacLellan wrote:Unless you were doing the walking/running man or le velo (youtube it), I'm gonna have to say that your dancing was cross-training, not a double. Very Happy

Ha! So true!

Good to see the knee is better and you'll be back at it full bore this week. Are you just shooting for the basic BQ this fall? I keep thinking you're running Chicago again even though you're going up to the Twin Cities.

Yes, I am just shooting for a sub 3:05 BQ time. I had intentions of running Chicago, again, this year especially after last years race. I changed my mind mid-winter and decided to change things up. I had ran the Twin Cities once and Chicago twice, so I wanted to leave the Midwest and try something a little smaller. My choices were narrowed down to the Hudson-Mohawk or Steamtown and I chose the Steamtown Marathon. Ironically, it is the same day as Chicago.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:36 pm

8/8 -

4 mile recovery...

Well back to grind this week and it starts with a 4 mile run at recover pace. I completed 4.16 miles at an 8:34 pace. Everything felt fine, which is good because I have a pretty big week planned. 7 miles on the schedule for tomorrow...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:09 am

Great job getting runs in while away for the wedding. You're better than most especially as BM. I did see the pics on FB... I thought I was silly.Razz You may actually have me beat!

I bet your a blast in a glass with all that fist pumping you do. This is the year...continued... - Page 13 424776184 Run hard this week!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:22 am

glad everything is feeling good.

I hope the 7 miler goes well with no pain or niggles.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:40 pm

8/9 -

7 mile run...

Tonight's 7 miler went great. In fact, I even added in a little crosstraining, too. After I completed my run, I subbed on a sand volleyball team. I ended up running 7.08 miles at a 7:35 pace. It looks like I may be back. I forgot to mention yesterday that I went into my ART guy and got more treatment on my IT band. He stated that it was a lot more lose than the last time I was in there. It's amazing what that stuff can do for your body. I have another session scheduled for Friday...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:59 pm

Great news on the knee and the run! As it starts to cool down (for you at least), I'm curious to see if things really do start to feel easier and you get a little speed burst...

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:08 pm

Glad the knee is feeling good and that you had a good time at the wedding.

As for Lisa and I coming up to Madison this weekend looks like we will have to pick another date. Looks like we have to head back to Michigan this weekend.

Don't worry though we will get up there to run and hangout with you Nick!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:11 pm

Schuey wrote:Glad the knee is feeling good and that you had a good time at the wedding.

As for Lisa and I coming up to Madison this weekend looks like we will have to pick another date. Looks like we have to head back to Michigan this weekend.

No worries...I have a relay race the 19th and 20th, but should be pretty free after that.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:13 pm

John Kilpatrick wrote:Great news on the knee and the run! As it starts to cool down (for you at least), I'm curious to see if things really do start to feel easier and you get a little speed burst...

I hope so...today almost felt like the start of Fall. It was 78 and little to no humidity. The air had that Fall smell in it, too.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:19 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Schuey wrote:Glad the knee is feeling good and that you had a good time at the wedding.

No worries...I have a relay race the 19th and 20th, but should be pretty free after that.

Cool trust me we will get up there. I ran some crazy trails this past weekend in Michigan, it was some the most challenging run that I have done. I have to admit it sure in the hell was a lot of fun.

What relay are you running?
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:25 pm

Very nice run, Nick.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:07 am

Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

Cool trust me we will get up there. I ran some crazy trails this past weekend in Michigan, it was some the most challenging run that I have done. I have to admit it sure in the hell was a lot of fun.

What relay are you running?

Ragnar Great River Relay from Winona, MN to Minneapolis, MN
I have the toughest legs for our team and I total about 20.5 miles over those three legs. Should be a good workout.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:53 pm

8/10 -

13 mile mid week sorta long run...

So, 13 miles tonight...The real test to make sure that everything is hunky dory. This was the longest run that I have had in the last week in a half. To quote Jim, "I started out with a creaky first mile." But after that I settled in and put it in cruise control for most of the run. I felt great the entire run, but my legs started getting a little fatigued with about one and a half miles to go. Overall, I ran 13.34 miles at a 7:44 pace (1:43:19). My heart rate averaged a mere 140 (75.6% of max) for the run. It's amazing how the cooler temps help, too.

I am still not confident enough to push the pace for tempo or fartlek runs, but if things go well this week, I will probably start incorporating them into my training again next week. We'll see how tired my legs are tomorrow for my 7 miler.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:46 pm

nice 13 mile run Nick, just keep getting the miles in at whatever pace feels easy. And when you feel your knee is ready to handle the fartlek and tempo runs then add them in again. Again looks like things are going in the right diction for you. Keep it up.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:17 am

Schuey wrote:nice 13 mile run Nick, just keep getting the miles in at whatever pace feels easy. And when you feel your knee is ready to handle the fartlek and tempo runs then add them in again. Again looks like things are going in the right diction for you. Keep it up.

Thanks!!! I sure hope so, I get so worried sometimes, because all of our time is spent training for one day. Last night's run felt good, though. Nice and free and easy...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:26 am

Cooler temps have been awesome! So glad to see your running has been going well and you seem to be healing up. Keep up the great work!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:09 pm

8/11 -

7 miles...

7 miler tonight after last night's 13 miler. All I can say is that my legs were pretty much dead. It felt like I was wearing concrete shoes and my legs just didn't want to turn over. I plodded my way through it. I put in 7.47 miles at a 7:53 pace. I felt like I was putting in the same effort as last night, but my efforts were 10 seconds per mile slower. I am glad that I was able to get through it, as I will need the same will power towards the end of the marathon.

With tonight's run, my weekly total is now up to a little over 32 miles, with another 33 miles scheduled for the weekend. Tomorrow's scheduled off day is going to be well received. I have some ART scheduled, along with some quality couch time.

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:49 pm

Good job plowing through it - do you think the sluggishness is related to your knee layoff or tired legs? Either way, enjoy tomorrow - with that extra time, you could start a good Friday thread Wink !

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:31 am

Rest up come back with a vengeance this weekend. Couch time is what the dr. orders.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next