365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the year...continued...

+23
fostever
jon c
Mark B
Seth Harrison
Jerry
Peg Coover
Chris M
Michele "1L" Keane
Jim Lentz
John Kilpatrick
Alex Kubacki
ChasMcG
JohnP
Paula Sue
Julie
mul21
Tom H
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Kenny B.
Mike MacLellan
Natalie
Nick Morris
27 posters

Page 6 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 24  Next

Go down

This is the year...continued... - Page 6 Empty Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Peg Coover Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:26 am

I'm in week 7 too...Mine is ramping up to 40 mpw but still ramping! Sounds like Madison had similar weather to Central Nebraska on Sunday--I felt like my HR was skyrocketing.

Good luck this week!!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

This is the year...continued... - Page 6 Empty Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Kenny B. Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:23 am

Nick - strong running continues for you. Nice job!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:37 am

Nick Morris wrote:7/11 -

Got in a 3.11 mile warm recovery run at 8:42 pace. Now it's time to watch the Home Run Derby...Go Brewers!!

3 miles? Slacker! afro

That Rickie Weeks, quite the slugger, eh? This is the year...continued... - Page 6 424776184
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:44 am

mul21 wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:7/11 -

Got in a 3.11 mile warm recovery run at 8:42 pace. Now it's time to watch the Home Run Derby...Go Brewers!!

3 miles? Slacker! afro

That Rickie Weeks, quite the slugger, eh? This is the year...continued... - Page 6 424776184

Yes 3 miles cyclops ...Mondays are my recovery day and I like to have a very light day after my long run Sundays.

No kidding, huh? I figured the NL was going to get crushed...and they did...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:46 am

Peg Coover wrote:I'm in week 7 too...Mine is ramping up to 40 mpw but still ramping! Sounds like Madison had similar weather to Central Nebraska on Sunday--I felt like my HR was skyrocketing.

Good luck this week!!

I think everyone is experiencing the warmth right now. I always get caught in a pickle, because I love the warm weather, but warm weather makes running a little more difficult.

Good luck to you this week, as well!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:19 pm

7/12 -

5 miler this afternoon. I put in another solid training run tonight, completing 5.23 miles at a 7:36 pace. I thought that this run was going to be in the rain, but all I got was a couple of sprinkles. My fitness level is continuing to improve and it will only get better as my long runs and weekly mileage builds. This weekend is going to be a good test, as I have 9 miles at MP on Saturday and 18 miles on Sunday.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:26 pm

Great to see everything on track! Good luck this weekend. Oh, and the AL sucks. Sorry.

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:02 pm

Nick Morris wrote:7/12 -

5 miler this afternoon. I put in another solid training run tonight, completing 5.23 miles at a 7:36 pace. I thought that this run was going to be in the rain, but all I got was a couple of sprinkles. My fitness level is continuing to improve and it will only get better as my long runs and weekly mileage builds. This weekend is going to be a good test, as I have 9 miles at MP on Saturday and 18 miles on Sunday.

You'll do great! Hopefully we all get some cool air but I'm curious how y'all in the midwest deal with this humidity? Seriously? Tim is never going to let me move to Chicago if I can't acclimate to it.

Good luck!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:15 pm

John Kilpatrick wrote:Great to see everything on track! Good luck this weekend. Oh, and the AL sucks. Sorry.

I am NL guy...So far, so good tonight...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:20 pm

Nick Morris wrote:I am NL guy...So far, so good tonight...

The Prince strikes!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:11 am

ChasMcG wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:7/12 -

You'll do great! Hopefully we all get some cool air but I'm curious how y'all in the midwest deal with this humidity? Seriously? Tim is never going to let me move to Chicago if I can't acclimate to it.

Good luck!

Like I have previously said, I don't mind heat and humidity. THe only issue is that you have to alter your running on those warmer days. (i.e. run in the early mornings, slow down, drink more fluids, etc.)
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:40 am

This weekend will be a good test for sure 9@MP and 18 on Sunday. Love that combo. Looking forward to the results.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:07 pm

7/13 -

9 mile mid week sorta long run. This evening I completed 9.32 miles at a 7:44 pace.

I had a little scare tonight with a little over a mile left in my run. I accidentally stepped in a hole near the edge of the sidewalk and nearly went down. Luckily, I was able to keep my balance and continue on. Things could have been bad, because I almost rolled my ankle in the process. I find myself lucky, considering that it would have been the ankle that I wrecked while in undergrad. Let's just say that the last mile I most certainly paid attention to where I was stepping. Smile Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:13 pm

Nick Morris wrote:7/13 -

9 mile mid week sorta long run. This evening I completed 9.32 miles at a 7:44 pace.

I had a little scare tonight with a little over a mile left in my run. I accidentally stepped in a hole near the edge of the sidewalk and nearly went down. Luckily, I was able to keep my balance and continue on. Things could have been bad, because I almost rolled my ankle in the process. I find myself lucky, considering that it would have been the ankle that I wrecked while in undergrad. Let's just say that the last mile I most certainly paid attention to where I was stepping. Smile Smile

Nice run tonight Nick. I hear you about stepping into a hole and almost going down. That has happen to me a few times and I'm also surprised the way that I have twisted my ankle before I haven't ended up with a bad sprain. I guess my ankles got use to all the sprains during my football days.

Good look with the MP run this weekend.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:16 pm

Glad you're OK! I have done that twice in the last week going through an area that is under construction and then took all the street lights down too so that doesn't help anything. Good run, too!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:30 pm

Nice job on the run Nick! Ugh, that is the worst feeling - stepping in a hole or rolling an ankle that has previously been injured. I'm sure you did watch every step on the way home!

Wish we were home for the Taste when you were in town. I saw the pic of the huge chicken leg (was it chicken or turkey?) it looked super yummy!!! This is the year...continued... - Page 6 Free-tongue-smileys-792
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:30 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:Nice job on the run Nick! Ugh, that is the worst feeling - stepping in a hole or rolling an ankle that has previously been injured. I'm sure you did watch every step on the way home!

Wish we were home for the Taste when you were in town. I saw the pic of the huge chicken leg (was it chicken or turkey?) it looked super yummy!!! This is the year...continued... - Page 6 Free-tongue-smileys-792

It was a turkey leg...it had to weigh around 3-5 pounds...Manny's knows how to do a drumstick Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:33 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:Nice job on the run Nick! Ugh, that is the worst feeling - stepping in a hole or rolling an ankle that has previously been injured. I'm sure you did watch every step on the way home!

It was a turkey leg...it had to weigh around 3-5 pounds...Manny's knows how to do a drumstick Smile

MANNY'S!!!! I didn't know that it came from Manny's! YUMMY!!! Holy cow, though....3-5 pounds? Whew! That's quite the drumstick! Hahaha!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:25 am

Great run. Be aware you ankle might feel fine right now but if there was any trauma to it you can feel it a few days later. I have rolled my ankle a few times and felt fine 1-2 days after but then 3-4 days there was some residual pain. Nothing to keep me from running but it was there. Other then keep on running!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:22 pm

I've stepped on a rock and rolled my ankle several times in the last few years. The first couple times it happened I went down! Now my cat-like reflexes keep me off the ground, but I've been concerned with the stretching the ankle goes through. Most recently it happened a week before my half marathon at the end of April. I was able to run home and still run the half, but it did hurt a bit.

Glad for you it wasn't more serious.
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:38 pm

7/14 -

5 miler on the schedule tonight.

I completed 5.25 miles at a 7:38 pace. I nice easy run tonight...a good run to lead me into an off day tomorrow. I'll probably need it with a 9er at MP on Saturday.

Oh...and no I did not step in a hole tonight Very Happy Very Happy
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:09 pm

Good work lately and enjoy the day off!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:31 pm

Nick Morris wrote:7/14 -

I completed 5.25 miles at a 7:38 pace. I nice easy run tonight...a good run to lead me into an off day tomorrow. I'll probably need it with a 9er at MP on Saturday.

I'm sure she's thankful

Great run!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:01 pm

ChasMcG wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:7/14 -

I'm sure she's thankful

Great run!

lol!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:01 pm

Great job on the running, Nick! I think it's cool that you can say "nice easy run" and it's a 7:38 pace! Keep up the great work!!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 24  Next