365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because I can say that now

+23
jon c
Joel H
amyjoann
Nick Morris
Penelope
Ken Mello
Julie
Tom H
John Kilpatrick
Matt W
Jeff F
Natalie
Paula Sue
Jerry
Kenny B.
Peg Coover
KathyK
Tim M
Seth Harrison
Mike MacLellan
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
ChasMcG
27 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Because I can say that now - Page 3 Empty Re: Because I can say that now

Post  Matt W Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:33 am

Hi Chas,

Those were some nice trail pics you posted a while back. It seems like you are still enjoying your running, even if you don't take your Patron... err, water bottle with you on all of your runs. Smile

Keep up the good work.
Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:45 pm

Matt W wrote:Hi Chas,

Those were some nice trail pics you posted a while back. It seems like you are still enjoying your running, even if you don't take your Patron... err, water bottle with you on all of your runs. Smile

Keep up the good work.

Oh I take patron....it's just usually already in my system hahahaha
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Hmmmm. Patron is probably good for sitting down at the end of a run on a rocky trail and contemplating the sunset, but maybe not so much before the run that includes rocky areas that have a steep dropoff. But then again, it sounds like you have the experience to make that call!
Tom H
Tom H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:53 pm

Easy run tonight. It was so nice out tonight. Tim ran with me. My legs were stiff at first but they finally started to loosen up.

3.46 mile
11:52 avg

2.02 - 12:11
1.06 - 11:15
.38 - 11:59

Yeah I suck pushing the lap button hahahaha Damn!

Oh and it's a 4 day weekend for me! Yeah! Taking the girls to a waterpark tomorrow and then hiking on Friday. Some good Summer fun!

Last edited by ChasMcG on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:58 pm

Tom H wrote:Hmmmm. Patron is probably good for sitting down at the end of a run on a rocky trail and contemplating the sunset, but maybe not so much before the run that includes rocky areas that have a steep dropoff. But then again, it sounds like you have the experience to make that call!

Hahah tell me about it. I typically don't choose to drink before but I have these damn friends that yell "Patron!" What's a girl to do? I love you Then Sweet Home Alabama comes on and it's just downhill from there. The next day, I cover one eye and run tongue
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:15 pm

ChasMcG wrote:
Tom H wrote:Hmmmm. Patron is probably good for sitting down at the end of a run on a rocky trail and contemplating the sunset, but maybe not so much before the run that includes rocky areas that have a steep dropoff. But then again, it sounds like you have the experience to make that call!

Hahah tell me about it. I typically don't choose to drink before but I have these damn friends that yell "Patron!" What's a girl to do? I love you Then Sweet Home Alabama comes on and it's just downhill from there. The next day, I cover one eye and run tongue

Love Sweet Home Alabama!!! Nice!

Great job on your run, I'm envious of the trail running you get to do...it's cool that Tim runs with you too! Have fun during your 4 day weekend!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:15 pm

ChasMcG wrote:
Matt W wrote:Hi Chas,

Keep up the good work.

Oh I take patron....it's just usually already in my system hahahaha

Bwahahaha! lol! lol!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:22 pm

ChasMcG wrote:

That would do me in. I was growing up in Pensacola, FLA when Leonard Skynrd was at their peak, and I remember them coming to a concert in town. There may have been alcohol involved (remember, FLA, like TX, thought that open containers was not just a good idea, it was the law!). And then lately (for the past 15 years) there has been Mexico fishing trips where Tequila of many different lineages, has played a prominent role. Peer pressure, yeah, I get it. Covering one eye, yup, the only way to not see double! "Those damn friends" - the best!
Tom H
Tom H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:30 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:

Love Sweet Home Alabama!!! Nice!

Great job on your run, I'm envious of the trail running you get to do...it's cool that Tim runs with you too! Have fun during your 4 day weekend!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce

Thanks boo! Tim isn't nearly as patient as Martin is though hahahah
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:30 pm

Tom H wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:

That would do me in. I was growing up in Pensacola, FLA when Leonard Skynrd was at their peak, and I remember them coming to a concert in town. There may have been alcohol involved (remember, FLA, like TX, thought that open containers was not just a good idea, it was the law!). And then lately (for the past 15 years) there has been Mexico fishing trips where Tequila of many different lineages, has played a prominent role. Peer pressure, yeah, I get it. Covering one eye, yup, the only way to not see double! "Those damn friends" - the best!

See you're feeling me!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:31 am

No love for Jack Daniel's, eh? At least we won't be stealing each other's drinks...
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:32 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:No love for Jack Daniel's, eh? At least we won't be stealing each other's drinks...

After years bartending, I lost that love for bourbon. If I ever even had it. Smile

ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Hi Chas,

I've never done a trail race but everyone I know who has done them say to try to get out on the trails some, I know they can be pretty hard and you have to look at your feet all the time to make sure you know where you are stepping but they do sound fun. Happy running!!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:19 am

Julie wrote:Hi Chas,

I've never done a trail race but everyone I know who has done them say to try to get out on the trails some, I know they can be pretty hard and you have to look at your feet all the time to make sure you know where you are stepping but they do sound fun. Happy running!!

Hi Julie! I think that's the fun part. The adventure and the focus. It's not just a mindless run, you have to watch and plan for attack. Meaning, when you pass someone on a narrow trail, you better be able to hold the pace! I've only done one race. Once I got into my groove, I had fun passing people and taking that sections lead. By no means am I the best trail runner but it was a good confidence boost! And so damn fun!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Because I can say that now - Page 3 Empty Insanity

Post  ChasMcG Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:34 am

So I come home from work yesterday and my husband tells me that we are going to try something new. Like P90X but without the weights and pull ups. It's called Insanity. Is he fucking insane? We did the fit test and after the warmup I was done! One minute of hell. Jump. Do a kick. Then a cartwheel. Turn around and fall to the floor. Now do it again as fast as you can. Oh and while there is no oxygen getting to your blood cells, count each time you do a full set. Yeah what the fuck ever! Actually it wasn't that bad. It was hard but I enjoyed it. More aerobic type workouts. My cup of tea. I like weights, they are just boring. I spend a lot of time yawning through sets. Weird right?

So we started this morning. We did Day 1 fit test. I'm obviously not fit. But I might be in 60 days if I can stick with it! We will see. We did good with P90X until our marathon training started to peak. We just couldn't manage the high mileage and the hour everyday. My legs were always fried for runs. Then I tore my calf muscle. I did it in softball but I think my muscles were weak from the workouts and the long runs. No run today. Took the girls to the amusement/water park. We are just beat! We are going hiking tomorrow. I can't wait!! Run Happy!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:37 am

Bwahaha! I've heard about that Insanity thing and you're right, it sounds like a buttkicker! I preface this with my being gullible...but are you being serious about the cartwheels? You have to be kidding....

Sounds like you're having fun with the girls! Enjoy your long weekend!! I love you I love you
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:06 am

Mrs. Schuey wrote:Bwahaha! I've heard about that Insanity thing and you're right, it sounds like a buttkicker! I preface this with my being gullible...but are you being serious about the cartwheels? You have to be kidding....

Sounds like you're having fun with the girls! Enjoy your long weekend!! I love you I love you

Smile no I am kidding. He does have you do some different stuff, all kind of ackward, and then count. I hope there are no cartwheels. I don't want to kick McG in the face.

On second thought...... Smile
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:34 am

Insanity! Shawn T!! If nothing else, at least he is hot!

We did it a while back. I was still running, so I didn't do it every day. I can't jump. The basketball drill kills me. The stuff where you do "in and out" is hard. Very very challenging aerobic workout! I sucked at the fit test too! Have fun with it though!

Oh, and great running! It's amazing your pace is so much faster after taking the winter off!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:44 am

Peg Coover wrote:Insanity! Shawn T!! If nothing else, at least he is hot!

We did it a while back. I was still running, so I didn't do it every day. I can't jump. The basketball drill kills me. The stuff where you do "in and out" is hard. Very very challenging aerobic workout! I sucked at the fit test too! Have fun with it though!

Oh, and great running! It's amazing your pace is so much faster after taking the winter off!

Totally hot. He's not nearly as annoying as Tony. I'm not a great jumper either and when he has you jumping from being on the ground....ugh. We'll have to see how it works with the running. Fortunately, I'm not running a marathon like Tim so I should be able to stick with it. Right?

Thanks Peg! I remember starting and running 16 minute miles hahhaah
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:47 am

Tony was annoying, too many of the same phrases over and over and I could only hear about who was engaged so many times and who had a prosthetic leg and after awhile I just didn't care just wanted to exercise but was mad because I couldn't run outside (and that's why I was doing a workout DVD).

Anyway, my one friend has run over 40 marathons and told me stories about her trail 50K and I think it took 9 hrs?? and sounded really really tough! I think I'd do some shorter trail runs before doing an ultra, so you're smart.

Have fun with the Insanity!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:14 pm

I'm hearing nothing but great things about Insanity, especially if you you're not looking to build a lot of muscle mass with heavy resistance training. Insanity's out for me since it involves lots of jumping and plyometric type stuff that my knee just won't handle, and besides, being a fairly trim guy, whatever extra definition I've gotten from P90x has been more than welcome.
I have to admit, I've come to really like Tony's "shtick"! I'm into my third round of P90x and at this point, I recite his stupid lines along with him. How sad is that? Very Happy
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:23 pm

Tony's shtick is easy to repeat with him halfway through the first DVD.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:06 pm

Julie wrote:Tony was annoying, too many of the same phrases over and over and I could only hear about who was engaged so many times and who had a prosthetic leg and after awhile I just didn't care just wanted to exercise but was mad because I couldn't run outside (and that's why I was doing a workout DVD).

Anyway, my one friend has run over 40 marathons and told me stories about her trail 50K and I think it took 9 hrs?? and sounded really really tough! I think I'd do some shorter trail runs before doing an ultra, so you're smart.

Have fun with the Insanity!

I completely agree with the engaged thing. He obviously had the hots for her and I thought she was annoying. DREA ROLL.... shiver I think we just turned the sound off and just did the workouts. The workouts are good so I have to give him that.

Seth Harrison wrote:I'm hearing nothing but great things about Insanity, especially if you you're not looking to build a lot of muscle mass with heavy resistance training. Insanity's out for me since it involves lots of jumping and plyometric type stuff that my knee just won't handle, and besides, being a fairly trim guy, whatever extra definition I've gotten from P90x has been more than welcome.
I have to admit, I've come to really like Tony's "shtick"! I'm into my third round of P90x and at this point, I recite his stupid lines along with him. How sad is that? Very Happy

I agree. Both really good workouts but with different results. I also recited those same lines..... rabbit

Tim M wrote:Tony's shtick is easy to repeat with him halfway through the first DVD.

I loved the growling.
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:27 pm

You'll probably get tired of reading my posts because I literally post about every workout I do. I don't know why. Maybe I want you guys to think I'm awesome or maybe I want to think I'm awesome. Either or....you get all of it. Or at least most of it. Cool

I won't post the aerobics we do in the bedroom Razz

Seriously....who doesn't love this Razz Emoticon when you're talking about sex. Razz my ass! Wait....that sounds terrible doesn't it hahahahahaha

God I love my blog.

Anyways, I took my girls and a couple of Midori's friends hiking this morning. It was a small mountain and roundtrip was 5.5 but on the way down we took a short cut so we probably got 4 miles in. Maybe a little more. The trail was great. It actually isn't that far from us! We live Southeast of Denver (Metro Denver) There are a lot of trails from here to Colorado Springs. This one is in Larkspur and it's only 15-20 minutes away! It will be great for easy runs or little quicky runs when we want to get one in!

All of the girls did great and I was really proud of them. I try and teach my kids the importance of exercise and staying active. Get off the couch and enjoy the world. I run and they ride their bikes. We snowboard all Winter together. Midori is a skier but we love her anyways. I'm very proud of them. I let myself get fat. I didn't care. I wasn't happy in my marriage. I think I'm a pretty confident person and I lost all of that then. I had none. I look back today and I want to kick all my friend's asses! Seriously. Tell your friends when they're fat. If you can't, make them do something with you. Play softball, go for hikes, walks, spin classes....fuck something! TELL THEM!

I'm not bitter Very Happy But I took a stand and I'll fucking never go back.

After hiking, I took the girls shopping. I was even nice and let everyone pick a couple things from Aeropostale. 50-80% off everything! Hellz Yeah!

Then Tim came home. Damn him

We did Day 2 of Insanity. It was hard but I think we did pretty good considering it was our first. The planks kicked my ass. We actually had to rest more through these. That was hard. But we finished it up strong and we were sweating really good! The planks will get better as our core gets stronger. I thought runners were supposed to have good core strength? I guess not but you would think so.

I have some great pics!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:35 pm

Ok first off you are awesome, second you have been putting in some nice runs and third I'm still laughing my ass off about the P90X! I remember the first time Lisa and I did the P90X that shit is no joke!

Hope you and Tim are having a great Friday night.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum