365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because I can say that now

+23
jon c
Joel H
amyjoann
Nick Morris
Penelope
Ken Mello
Julie
Tom H
John Kilpatrick
Matt W
Jeff F
Natalie
Paula Sue
Jerry
Kenny B.
Peg Coover
KathyK
Tim M
Seth Harrison
Mike MacLellan
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
ChasMcG
27 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Because I can say that now - Page 2 Empty Breckenridge

Post  ChasMcG Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:52 am

Because I can say that now - Page 2 259864_2137148794847_1429925001_2533792_4994314_nBecause I can say that now - Page 2 265143_2137151874924_1429925001_2533794_7714750_nBecause I can say that now - Page 2 254140_2137155195007_1429925001_2533796_3200856_n
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Because I can say that now - Page 2 Empty Re: Because I can say that now

Post  ChasMcG Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:54 am

Mike MacLellan wrote:You're sounding like a seasoned ultrarunner with that pre-run alcohol loading. Wink I agree though, nothing better for a (mild) hangover than a run. Sounds like it was a gorgeous one, too.

Yeah for sure on mild. I couldn't do it if I was sick. It helped so much though. If it wasn't Father's Day, I would have hit it again before driving down
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:44 pm

That first picture was depressing. You can see the trails for snowboarding (and skiing) cut through the trees and there is still snow. Breck closed way too early this season. But on the upside, in a few short months the snow will start again and the boards will be ready for another epic season of powder riding.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:49 pm

Tim M wrote:That first picture was depressing. You can see the trails for snowboarding (and skiing) cut through the trees and there is still snow. Breck closed way too early this season. But on the upside, in a few short months the snow will start again and the boards will be ready for another epic season of powder riding.

Yeah but still pretty cool looking picture. I didn't know that you and Chas were big snowboarders. Hmmm might have to make a trip out there to try that.

On a sad I had a buddy that died there a few years back. He ran into a tree while skiing sad sad sad.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:34 pm

Those are great pics, Chas! The trails have to be killer cool to run over there! I I love you trail running...actually, it's my favorite kind of running! Glad you got out there!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:12 pm

Tim M wrote:That first picture was depressing. You can see the trails for snowboarding (and skiing) cut through the trees and there is still snow. Breck closed way too early this season. But on the upside, in a few short months the snow will start again and the boards will be ready for another epic season of powder riding.

It was sad because I could see Imperial and it's completely covered with snow still. But you're right...just a few months!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:15 pm

ChasMcG wrote:

It was sad because I could see Imperial and it's completely covered with snow still. But you're right...just a few months!

You guys an keep that snow!...Keep it there...for a long time! Razz Razz jocolor
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Schuey wrote:

Yeah but still pretty cool looking picture. I didn't know that you and Chas were big snowboarders. Hmmm might have to make a trip out there to try that.

On a sad I had a buddy that died there a few years back. He ran into a tree while skiing sad sad sad.

Ah man that is sad. There were a few deaths this year and almost all of them had to do with the trees. Honestly the powder was so amazing but if you don't know how to ride it or control yourself, the snow will take you where it wants you to go. But what a fucking ride! If you and Lisa want to give it a try just let us know and we'll plan a trip!

Mrs. Schuey wrote:Those are great pics, Chas! The trails have to be killer cool to run over there! I I love you trail running...actually, it's my favorite kind of running! Glad you got out there!

They are really cool. I got lucky yesterday because I was on the road originally. I haven't had a chance to run a whole bunch of actual trails because we still have to drive to them but we are making efforts to do so. You guys should just come out here for a weekend. We'll go to Colorado Springs and hit a ton of trails. We could get lost!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:43 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:

You guys an keep that snow!...Keep it there...for a long time! Razz Razz jocolor

Hey we just want it up in the mountains. We don't want to have anything to do with it in Denver! Laughing
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:54 pm

ChasMcG wrote: You guys should just come out here for a weekend. We'll go to Colorado Springs and hit a ton of trails. We could get lost!

We may just take you up on that! I've never been to Colorado...only seen it in South Park.
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:04 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
ChasMcG wrote: You guys should just come out here for a weekend. We'll go to Colorado Springs and hit a ton of trails. We could get lost!

We may just take you up on that! I've never been to Colorado...only seen it in South Park.

Hey you have a place to stay and flights are cheap. I'll send the girls to Grandma's for the weekend and off we go!

WE SHOULD TOTALLY DO THIS! hahaha lol!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:14 pm

ChasMcG wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:

Hey you have a place to stay and flights are cheap. I'll send the girls to Grandma's for the weekend and off we go!

The last time I heard "We should totally do this!" from Chas, it didn't turn out well.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:25 pm

Tim M wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:

The last time I heard "We should totally do this!" from Chas, it didn't turn out well.

HA. How we forget our follies once the hangover wears off.

Those are some gorgeous pictures, Chas.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:40 pm

Beautiful pictures - Someday I am going to do some trail running - you guys always end up with some interesting stories and the races/runs sound like a lot of run...

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:55 pm

Just had to post this..Martin and I will have to celebrate a month later in Bayshore, 2012! How fun will that be?!

Because I can say that now - Page 2 Chascake
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:05 pm

Beautiful trails!
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:10 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:
Tim M wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:

HA. How we forget our follies once the hangover wears off.

Those are some gorgeous pictures, Chas.

Tim is right. I better thing before I run off to Breck again hahahah

Thanks! Breck is so beautiful. Even better with a ton of snow and my snowboard!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:13 pm

John Kilpatrick wrote:Beautiful pictures - Someday I am going to do some trail running - you guys always end up with some interesting stories and the races/runs sound like a lot of run...

I haven't done a whole bunch of trail running but I love it when I get to. More adventurous!

Mrs. Schuey wrote:Just had to post this..Martin and I will have to celebrate a month later in Bayshore, 2012! How fun will that be?!

Because I can say that now - Page 2 Chascake

My Cake!! That was awesome!! I would love to do Bayshore! Let's start planning on it! We have a year!

Natalie Wolf wrote:Beautiful trails!

Thanks! We are lucky for sure!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:25 pm

Chas - I agree, let's start planning it. I'm sure we could get others to run it again too! We still have to do karaoke too.

The cake will be made for you! I promise this time, it won't look like the Leaning Tower of Pisa! Hahaha lol! lol!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Because I can say that now - Page 2 Empty The Fireroad

Post  ChasMcG Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:31 pm

Tonight Tim and I decided to run together. I don't know why he likes running with me. I'm 3-4 minutes a mile slower than him but he's patient and he'll run ahead of me and wait for me at lights. He's cool like that.

We did a 4 mile run tonight and it was a new route for me. He did this one with his running club and I love it! It's a trail and really hilly. I love those. Challenging. I appreciate them more now than I did a couple of years ago. I actually hate the flat runs now. BORING

Am I awesome on them? No. NOT YET! But I'm working hard to increase my pace, change my stride, and just be a stronger runner.

I took the Winter off. My first real break since I started running. I ran very little in that time and luckily didn't gain any of my weight back! I needed the break but it was hard getting back to where I was when I stopped. However, I'm faster now than I was when I stopped. Sometimes, rest is good!

Anyways, the run was cool. I liked it a lot.

4.09 mile
45:22
11:05 avg

1.16 - 11:17
.95 - - 11:17
.89 - 10:46
1:09 - 10:56

As you can see, I suck ass pushing the lap button on my garmin. I suck charging it. I'm even selling my 405CX because I forget to charge it and you can't turn the damn thing off hahahah

The weather is beautiful and it was hot. Since my last blog, I'm much better about drinking too much water. I don't even carry water on cool days. Back in the day, I couldn't go a mile without drinking a bottle of water. Cool I'm cool now. Now I just need to run in shoes without socks like Tim does hahahaha

Last edited by ChasMcG on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add color to runs)
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:34 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:Chas - I agree, let's start planning it. I'm sure we could get others to run it again too! We still have to do karaoke too.

The cake will be made for you! I promise this time, it won't look like the Leaning Tower of Pisa! Hahaha lol! lol!

Tim said yes and you know I'm in for some karaoke! Sure your ears will bleed but a few shots of patron and you won't even notice!

The lean was seriously the best part! Best cake in the world!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 pm

ChasMcG wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:Chas - I agree, let's start planning it. I'm sure we could get others to run it again too! We still have to do karaoke too.

Tim said yes and you know I'm in for some karaoke! Sure your ears will bleed but a few shots of patron and you won't even notice!

The lean was seriously the best part! Best cake in the world!

Ok, then we'll scout hotels...did you like the Holiday Inn? I thought it worked good......as for ears bleeding, a few drinks and it will sound like birds chirping! Haha! I'm going to get you to sing SheDaisy with me! Smile Glad you liked the cake...ok, maybe I'll make it lean just a little! Haha!

BTW, nice job on your run! Don't worry, I suck at pushing the lap button too Smile Did you say Tim doesn't wear socks??
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:47 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote: Did you say Tim doesn't wear socks??

I have a couple pairs of running shoes that you'd have to be a weenie to run in with socks.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:48 pm

The cake was nice, but I really liked the double firepit.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:54 pm

I thought the Holiday Inn was fine, I believe we stayed there a couple of times. I wonder if it's too early to book hahaha

Yeah Tim is sockless in a couple of shoes. He still wears them with most of them (you know he has like 10 pairs to rotate through) but tonight was no socks. I kept getting rocks in my shoes so I don't know how he does it!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum