365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carry Camera

+6
ounce
Jerry
John Kilpatrick
JohnP
Bob
Stephanie
10 posters

Go down

Carry Camera Empty Carry Camera

Post  Stephanie Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:04 pm

Ok, I may be showing my naiveté just by asking this question but humour me. Razz I am doing my first half this Sunday at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend and I am beyond excited!!! Would I be insane to consider carrying a point & shoot camera? It fits snugly into a Spi Belt I have. Would I be cursing the camera & myself the entire race if I carried it with me? Would I regret not bringing it and having a bunch of fun... it is Disney after all? Or will there be plenty of opportunity to take pix before & after the race? Thoughts?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Carry Camera Empty Re: Carry Camera

Post  Bob Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:32 pm

I think it's a great idea. As long as you are out there for fun and not worried about your time, capture every moment. I've seen others, in this very race, who have stopped with just about every "character" on the course to get their picture taken.

Have fun!
Bob
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:07 pm

I agree with Bob. As you run along, there will be various Disney characters out there cheering. Each will have a "handler". Just give your camera to the handler and they will take a picture of you with Minnie, Goofy, or whoever.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:14 pm

I'm excited for you - sounds like a blast. I totally agree - it is your first one and it doesn't sound like you are locked into a time goal, so why not have some cool pictures to remember the experience with? You will have time to take plenty of pictures before and after, but pictures during would be really cool! Whatever you decide, have a blast and can't wait for the report!!!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:46 pm

Serious runners don't. lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:48 pm

Ditto. Plus, the stops for pictures will give you a bit of rest. Taper Madness...ain't it great?!
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:17 pm

I've brought a camera during a race before. I didn't use it. But then again, I had a goal time in mind.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:36 pm

Jerry wrote:Serious runners don't. lol!
But I won't be running with music so maybe the two cancel each other out? Razz

ounce wrote:Ditto. Plus, the stops for pictures will give you a bit of rest. Taper Madness...ain't it great?!
Ahhh so that's what this is eh? Haha. I thought I would escape taper madness because I'm just running the half, but I think I am starting to get a mini-bout of it. This morning I woke up thinking my ears were getting plugged and I was coming down with a second cold. Also my second toe is sore. Hahaha. I wonder what will be next. What a ride. Very Happy

Thanks for everyone's input. I am leaning towards running with my camera. Ya only live once.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff F Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:56 pm

I think it is a great idea. I did this for my first Boston and don't regret doing it.
Jeff F
Jeff F
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:58 pm

Ran along side a guy from Germany last year in Boston who had a mini-video camera attached to his hat that he could rotate to face any direction. He was in the middle of the first wave so he must have been decently fast. Now that would be an interesting keepsake!

Go 4 it. Take your camera.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:03 pm

Stephanie - When I did the Goofy thing back in 2008 I carried a camera during both races, and if you are just running for fun and not running for a PR or great time, then I wholeheartedly recommend it. I had a blast taking pictures with the characters and even waited in line for 10-12 min to get my picture taken with Capt'n Jack (I tell everyone it was Johnny Depp) and the Evil Queen from Snow White. So I lost time and finished in 4:40 (about an hour slower than usual), but it was sooooooo worth it.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:56 pm

Jeff F wrote:I think it is a great idea. I did this for my first Boston and don't regret doing it.
Awesome! Just what I'm looking for!!

mountandog wrote:Ran along side a guy from Germany last year in Boston who had a mini-video camera attached to his hat that he could rotate to face any direction. He was in the middle of the first wave so he must have been decently fast. Now that would be an interesting keepsake!

Go 4 it. Take your camera.
Wow, that's hardcore!! I would probably get motion sick watching the footage afterwards. Razz

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Stephanie - When I did the Goofy thing back in 2008 I carried a camera during both races, and if you are just running for fun and not running for a PR or great time, then I wholeheartedly recommend it. I had a blast taking pictures with the characters and even waited in line for 10-12 min to get my picture taken with Capt'n Jack (I tell everyone it was Johnny Depp) and the Evil Queen from Snow White. So I lost time and finished in 4:40 (about an hour slower than usual), but it was sooooooo worth it.
Sounds great Michele! I love that you tell everyone it's Johnny Depp... how would they know otherwise. Wink I also am trying really hard to keep a finishing time out of my head so I think the camera would help me keep the run fun and less serious. I have many other races ahead of me that I can be serious for.

So it's official... I'm going to run with a camera. cheers
Stephanie
Stephanie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down