365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm carry

Go down

Arm carry Empty Arm carry

Post  JohnP on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:50 pm

Any tips on how to get my arm carry lower while running? I start out each run telling myself to keep them lower. Then as soon as I have to watch for cars, jump up over a curb, watch some pretty runner go by, or am otherwise distracted, bam, the arms come up high. I try making my thumbs hit my hips each time, but it's the same thing. It isn't long until I forget and they get higher and higher.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Arm carry Empty Re: Arm carry

Post  Jerry on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:56 pm

I just keep reminding myself and get much better. I can feel the swing now, much much better and really helpful. But the biggest tip is never record it. When I look at my race photos, they still don't look that good. affraid
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:02 pm

I was always told to keep your arms at a 90 degree angle. So, that is my focus during my runs. I try to image my arms looking like a 90 degree triangle.

Arm carry Moz-screenshot-13Arm carry Triang10
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:23 pm

Instead of actively concentrating on keeping my arms low, I just remind myself to run completely relaxed. The arms fall into that 90 degree angle naturally when I'm relaxed.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:37 pm

duct tape. Duct tape fixes everything.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:43 pm

As long as they aren't crossing in front of your body you should be OK. If you feel comfotable and relaxed and they are parallel to each other, and you are putting them behind you more than in front of you, how far low they hang shouldn't matter. Granted if you are doing all that, they probably are low also. I think as long as your shoulders are down and you aren't tensing up you're fine. Of course, the pretty female may cause some tension, but just think about how little chance you have with her and that will go away quick! Sad
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum