365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011

+35
Lauren
Jack_Scaff
Liz R
Dave-O
jon c
Mark B
Penelope
Joel H
Chris M
JohnP
Jim Lentz
Nick Morris
fostever
Alex Kubacki
rhondda h
Vivian
Dave P
Ken Mello
Peg Coover
ChasMcG
mul21
Schuey
Dave Wolfe
Tom H
Jerry
Michele "1L" Keane
Kenny B.
Julie
KathyK
Natalie
Seth Harrison
John Kilpatrick
Mike MacLellan
Matt W
Mrs. Schuey
39 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 7 Empty Re: I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011

Post  Schuey Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Tom H wrote:Wow, nice job! Can't wait to see what you can do when you train for and plan the next one!

You know Tom, I think that if she would have gotten out of bed earlier, had breakfast and actually warmed up for this race she would have done a lot better. Also I feel that if the race was planned and there was a little taper she will really blow the doors off.

I think the thing that Lisa is getting better at and has to still work at is letting go and not being scared of running fast. I know it sounds funny but she has a fear of running fast. So other then working on the mental aspects of running we are also working on stay relaxed and feeling comfortable when running faster then a slow or easy pace. She might not be the fastest person out there but there is no doubt in my mind that Lisa has a lot of talent to be a lot better and there is a huge room for improvement. Then again the important thing is that Lisa is having fun. That is another focus for both of is to have fun no matter how fast or slow we are. The whole reason we are doing it is to enjoy being active. Still with that being said I still think she is awesome.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 7 Empty Re: I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011

Post  ChasMcG Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:01 pm

I love you
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:44 pm

ChasMcG wrote: I love you

+1

You know, Lisa, there's a totally hackneyed,, WAIT, THERE'S AN EMOTICON FOR THAT!, Frustration quote floating around the internet that basically says (here's my way with words, again): we're not afraid of failure, we're afraid of being great beyond measure. If your husband is right - and I would have to think he is - about your fear of being fast, think about that. If you never approach or cross that fine line, how will you know just how high it is?
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:49 pm

Lisa - hope running is going well this week! Maybe you need to have a talk with yourself, corny as it sounds, and just say "wow, I'm a fast runner, I run 7-something pace 5Ks without even getting up for breakfast!" and boost your confidence that way.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:51 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:
ChasMcG wrote: I love you

+1

You know, Lisa, there's a totally hackneyed,, WAIT, THERE'S AN EMOTICON FOR THAT!, Frustration quote floating around the internet that basically says (here's my way with words, again): we're not afraid of failure, we're afraid of being great beyond measure. If your husband is right - and I would have to think he is - about your fear of being fast, think about that. If you never approach or cross that fine line, how will you know just how high it is?

Simply turn fear into excitement. Worry into wonder.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:00 pm

Along with the theme is the story of the bumblebee. Scientists studied it and determined that it could not fly. Except, nobody told the bumblebee and he didn't know he couldn't fly. So, he flies. Go fly! It's fun to see the improvements and the excitement - hope you don't lose that!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:20 am

Everyone, thank you so much for your comments! I want to respond to each of you individually and will do so throughout the day. I am SWAMPED at work, trying to get everything wrapped up before Friday. I haven't forgotten about anyone and I'll be back to my posting ways soon! - Emoticon girl! Haha! bounce bounce bounce bounce Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:00 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:Everyone, thank you so much for your comments! I want to respond to each of you individually and will do so throughout the day. I am SWAMPED at work, trying to get everything wrapped up before Friday. I haven't forgotten about anyone and I'll be back to my posting ways soon! - Emoticon girl! Haha! bounce bounce bounce bounce Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Take your time it gives me more opportunity to surpass your crazy post count!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:06 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:Everyone, thank you so much for your comments! I want to respond to each of you individually and will do so throughout the day. I am SWAMPED at work, trying to get everything wrapped up before Friday. I haven't forgotten about anyone and I'll be back to my posting ways soon! - Emoticon girl! Haha! bounce bounce bounce bounce Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Kenny you really think she is going to let that happen? Laughing
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Schuey wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:

She could take 2 weeks off and still have the most posts Laughing
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:57 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Schuey wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:

Yeah no kidding, I tried to side track her last week so I could catch her and she wasn't having any of it. Razz
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:04 pm

Kenny B. wrote:

Nick Morris wrote:
Schuey wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:

Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Schuey wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:

Yeah no kidding, I tried to side track her last week so I could catch her and she wasn't having any of it. Razz

Ok, boys! You wait...the smack down is going to happen tonight! Razz I only have 5 miles to run after work...and then...it's posty- post time! Mwahahahaha! lol! afro
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:Ok, boys! You wait...the smack down is going to happen tonight! Razz I only have 5 miles to run after work...and then...it's posty- post time! Mwahahahaha! lol! afro

Not if you can't find your MacBook Air to post with!! Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad pirat affraid
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:13 pm

Schuey wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:Ok, boys! You wait...the smack down is going to happen tonight! Razz I only have 5 miles to run after work...and then...it's posty- post time! Mwahahahaha! lol! afro

Not if you can't find your MacBook Air to post with!! Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad pirat affraid
Haha! Try it! I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 7 Fing06 I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 7 071
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:22 pm

I just got busted here at work for laughing out loud reading this back and forth. Oops. Very Happy
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:26 pm

Alex Kubacki wrote:I just got busted here at work for laughing out loud reading this back and forth. Oops. Very Happy
Uh oh..hahaha! Not good Alex...hahaha! I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 7 Smilie20shaking20head20NO
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:30 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Schuey wrote:

Haha! Try it! I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 7 Fing06 I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 7 071

Oh boy...That means that there are going to be some intelligent conversations happening tonight I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 7 Laie_14
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:31 pm

Alex Kubacki wrote:I just got busted here at work for laughing out loud reading this back and forth. Oops. Very Happy

I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 7 107 I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 7 107 I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 7 107
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:21 pm

Lisa, after reading about your recent 5K I am starting to think I have to watch my back on the lakefront so you don't start chicking me Sad

Are you and Martin available for Yolk on the 17th of July?
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:26 pm

Is there something funny going on here? Oh yeah the funny thing would be Lisa!

Nick Morris wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Schuey wrote:

Oh boy...That means that there are going to be some intelligent conversations happening tonight I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 7 Laie_14

Those two words don't happen in this household Nick "intelligent conversations" !

Jim Lentz wrote:Lisa, after reading about your recent 5K I am starting to think I have to watch my back on the lakefront so you don't start chicking me Sad

Are you and Martin available for Yolk on the 17th of July?

Yeah she has been chicking a lot of people of late. As for the Yolk I think we should be available that day but I will let the boss chime in on that.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:30 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Schuey wrote:

Do I sense a double dog dare?
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:36 pm

Schuey wrote:

Nick Morris wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Schuey wrote:

Those two words don't happen in this household Nick "intelligent conversations" !

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA lol!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:37 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Schuey wrote:

Nick Morris wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Schuey wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA lol!

I see you caught my sarcasm Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:04 pm

Seriously crying over here! Y'all are too damn funny!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:56 pm

Where you at?? Looks like someone got a hold of that Macbook Very Happy
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next