365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laugh at the Rules

+34
Jeff F
Nick Morris
Dave P
Glenn
JohnP
Paula Sue
Michael Enright
Joel H
Penelope
jon c
Jim Lentz
Michele "1L" Keane
Alex Kubacki
mul21
Julie
ChasMcG
Mrs. Schuey
Tom H
KathyK
John Kilpatrick
Michael Mitchell
Ken Mello
Seth Harrison
Tea from RonItch
Chris M
Natalie
dot520
Schuey
Kenny B.
Matt W
Pete B
charles
Jerry
Peg Coover
38 posters

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

Laugh at the Rules - Page 9 Empty Re: Laugh at the Rules

Post  Peg Coover Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:21 pm

Michael Enright wrote:Hopefully, you won't be carrying a torch. At least not like those ones from the old movies where the townspeople go to burn down the mad scientist's lab. Sounds dangerous.

If you run it, enjoy it!

They have those patio torches along the course. And we get to wear Glow Necklaces....
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:20 pm

Hope your run goes well! There must be a lot of small races around here that I don't know about or don't pay enough attention to notice. I bet they are fun.

WTG on your 50! cheers
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:38 am

Twilight Torch Run at the high school--4 miles. It was humid but an almost full moon was so cool to see when we turned back east.

8:21, 8:17, 8:18, 7:41 (.89) It was a little short and I did slow down the last mile to an 8:40 pace, but I was pretty happy with the race. Time was 32:37. ave pace 8:23.

Not very many people, and I have some good runners in my AG 40-49! Angie and Darla are just too fast for me to steal a medal from. And they only gave 2 medals in each group.

New weekly high! Now I need a day off!

[img]Laugh at the Rules - Page 9 Screen10[/img]
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:35 am

That is a great race, Peg! Sorry about the fast ladies in your AG, but you did a great job.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:18 pm

Thank you for your kind words Julie!

Rest day yesterday. 6 miles tonight. Might possibly take tomorrow off again--it's a step back and last week was big. My legs were achy for the first 2 miles tonight. I think from standing in shoes all day for two days. Not used to it!

But might also run 5 tomorrow. Undecided.

I will probably catch a few blogs but don't have time to post--have to work on school stuff after we eat our BLT's and cucumber salad! Love summer gardens!!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:22 pm

Cucumber salad?? You mean you can that many pickles and you still have cukes left over for salad?? What do you have, like 20 acres of cukes?

Smile
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Mello Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:30 pm

Pickles!! bounce
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:43 pm

Congrats on a nice race, Peg. And I totally agree, our AG really sucks. I do ok up here in the summer, but back home in Atlanta, now that is another story.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:35 am

Congrats on the race Peg and great job with the high weekly mileage.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:40 am

Michael Enright wrote:Cucumber salad?? You mean you can that many pickles and you still have cukes left over for salad?? What do you have, like 20 acres of cukes?

Smile

Not quite 20! Haha. On a good year cucumber plants can produce a lot! And there are still those that you miss as they hide in the leaves and they so big you can't use them!

Ken Mello wrote:Pickles!! bounce

Yum!

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Congrats on a nice race, Peg. And I totally agree, our AG really sucks. I do ok up here in the summer, but back home in Atlanta, now that is another story.

You are more competitive than I am, but it sure does suck. The fastest ladies I know are exactly my age, and now Angie bumped up so when the races only do 10 year AG, I am screwed!

Alex Kubacki wrote:Congrats on the race Peg and great job with the high weekly mileage.

Thanks Alex!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:41 am

Glad to see things are still going well. Your mileage is getting up there very nicely! Good luck in your new school year.
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:37 am

My first Lincoln Half Marathon, in 2006, I sat with a group of runners who have all run Boston several times. They said we had some really fast records for each age division and then they said that ladies get really competitive in their 40s because they're not taking breaks having kids (like I am....). Must be why I got a few AG placements in small marathons when I was 23-24....
I hope your school year is off to a good start. When I was running with my little girl we passed a school with a whole host of parents lining up with their little kids with the school sign for their first day (private school).
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula Sue Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:21 pm

What a fantastic training period you're having Peg! BTW, I hate 10 yr AGs...evil, evil, evil. I have those competitors in my AG that I'm always after. I just keep thinking, "nip at their ankles until they fall!" Go get 'em Twisted Evil
Paula Sue
Paula Sue
Poster
Poster

http://oceanbreeze-lake-erie.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Hey Julie, Jon and Paula Sue! Thanks for popping in.

I am soooo tired this week--leg wise! It must be because I am standing so much and not used to it. My feet were just shot on my 7 miles tonight, and I took an extra rest day yesterday. It's a step back week and I'm going to be a few miles short but "it is what it is." (Why is that phrase so popular this year??)

Rest again tomorrow and 6-12 this weekend.

FRIDAY is almost here!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:43 pm

Great running, and congrats on the race! What do you put in your cucumber salad? It sounds good. Good luck with the school year, too--I hope classes go well.
Penelope
Penelope
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:51 pm

Penelope wrote:Great running, and congrats on the race! What do you put in your cucumber salad? It sounds good. Good luck with the school year, too--I hope classes go well.

Thanks K!

About 3/4 cup sour cream, 1/4 or less vinegar, a couple T of sugar, salt and pepper, 2-3 cucumbers depending on size, slice up,and some onion sliced up. Mix it all up! It is yummy and easy to make with the ingredient easy to keep on hand. I usually taste it and add more sugar or if it's too tart.

Another one I make uses red wine vinegar, oil, sugar and salt and pepper, with some fresh dill weed on top. Again, taste it and see how you like it. With that one I use red onion, with the other I use yellow.
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:05 pm

My wife's a teacher and though not a runner, she also is pretty tired the first week of school (this week for her). I do think that standing is pretty tiring, more tiring than moving around where different muscles are used. Hopefully you'll be used to it and fine very soon.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:26 pm

6 mile pace this morning and it was right on and so comfortable!!! Rest day plus not running after work plus it was overcast and misty and about 63 degrees made for a very enjoyable run. I forgot it was pace and so I didn't start my watch but realized I should be timing it so I started the watch after mile one. the five I timed were: 10:00, 10:16, 10:06, 10:03, 10:33. If I add 11 mins for the first mile (probably was a bit faster) then I nailed the ave pace with 62:00 for the 6 miles. Felt awesome!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:24 pm

Peg Coover wrote:6 mile pace this morning and it was right on and so comfortable!!! Rest day plus not running after work plus it was overcast and misty and about 63 degrees made for a very enjoyable run. I forgot it was pace and so I didn't start my watch but realized I should be timing it so I started the watch after mile one. the five I timed were: 10:00, 10:16, 10:06, 10:03, 10:33. If I add 11 mins for the first mile (probably was a bit faster) then I nailed the ave pace with 62:00 for the 6 miles. Felt awesome!

Isn't it always great to have a run where things seem to flow so smoothly? Wish that they all were like that, but I suppose if they were, we probably wouldn't feel as much of a sense of challenge as we do in our training.
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Nice run Peg!
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:46 am

Thanks Jim and Jon.

Yesterday I did 12, but then had to shower and leave so I didn't have time to post. It was a good run. Overcast but humid, I was soaked when I got done. 2:14 total time, so nice easy pace. I had forgotten to eat breakfast so I was glad I had a gel with me to take at the half way point. It was so peaceful though--I only saw a few cars the whole run!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:29 pm

Today's 5 mile "easy" run was one of the hardest of the summer. 94 degrees, 106 heat index, 78 dew point, I couldn't breathe very well. I took it easy, and with my tired work legs, the extra sandy gravel, and the heat, easy was super slow! 56 mins for 5 miles. Yikes.

I'm worried about tomorrow's 10 after work...it's been tough. But if I can do that, then the weekend 10/20 shouldn't be too intimidating.
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:20 am

Nice job with the runs Peg. I love the ones when there are barely any cars and its just you and the road. And good job getting through yesterday's with the tough conditions.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:05 am

sounds like your running is going well. Too bad about the heat/humidity making a come back. We just need it to go away before our fall marathons! Very Happy
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:41 am

Hi Alex and Julie.

Wow, last night's run was so much better/easier than the day before, and I went twice as far and faster!!!

10 miles in 1:44. The temp was 87 but the humidity only 40%. The run felt great from the start! I had to hold back because at times I was way under MP and I didn't want to wear myself down before the scheduled 10 MP/ 20 long this weekend! Overall pace was about 10:25, just 6 secs over MP. And my legs felt great up until the last mile--I didn't stand as much at work yesterday and I think that made a difference too.
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next