365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday thread

+26
Michael Enright
ChasMcG
Liz R
Kenny B.
Jim fredericks
Dave-O
mul21
healdgator
Colleen
Diego
Michele "1L" Keane
Mike MacLellan
Penelope
Glenn
KBFitz
Nick Morris
JohnP
Chris M
Julie
John Kilpatrick
Natalie
Schuey
Seth Harrison
Mark B
Jerry
rhondda h
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Friday thread Empty Friday thread

Post  rhondda h Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:27 pm

Almost lunch time and no Friday thread! Can I? Pretty please?

1. Thinking about lunch, what your's go to option for a healthier fast food lunch?

2. What's your go to fast food option, when you are in an awww, frick it, life may be short mood?

3. What flavor milk shake?

4. How many miles do you think you need to run to wear off the awww frick it lunch?

5. Have you ever eaten kale or any other types of weeds and if so how do you cook 'em?

6. What is your favorite protein type food (or drink)?

7. Totally off lunch unless you have a hot dog in one hand in your image thinking about this question, but also in my mind, if you're in the stands and a ball comes your way, how aggressive are you in trying to catch it?

Last edited by rhondda h on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
rhondda h
rhondda h

Back to top Go down

Friday thread Empty Re: Friday thread

Post  Jerry Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:46 pm

1. Thinking about lunch, what your's go to option for a healthier fast food lunch?

Don't do this to me Rhondda.

2. What's your go to fast food option, when you are in an awww, frick it, life may be short mood?

Always local burger store.

Not a fan.

4. How many miles do you think you need to run to wear off the awww frick it lunch?

I typically can't run after.

5. Have you ever eaten kale or any other types of weeds and if so how do you cook 'em?

Fish.

Totally off lunch unless you have a hot dog in one hand in your image
thinking about this question, but also in my mind if you're in the
stands and a ball comes your way how aggressive are you in trying to
catch it?

As a soccer fan, I may head it. affraid
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:12 pm

Rhondda! Way to save the Friday Thread!

Panda Express. Lots of options there that are stir fried, not deep fried.

Bacon cheeseburger and fries.

Chocolate.

Meh. I do the "frick it" lunch so rarely, even if it takes 100 miles, I'll be covered.

Yes! Stir fried, with cauliflower, snow peas and garlic. Mmm.

Meat, meat juice.

7. Totally off lunch unless you have a hot dog in one hand in your image thinking about this question, but also in my mind if you're in the stands and a ball comes your way how aggressive are you in trying to catch it?
If it's coming at me, I'd go for it. If it's a row over, I'll let them fight it out.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:24 pm

Probably a "Veggie Delight" sandwich on wheat at Subway.

Being a non-meat eater, I have done that in years. Back in college however, there was a late night eatery called "The Midnight Bite" open very late right in the basement of our dorm. As a freshman, I lived on late night bacon-cheeseburgers (Mark's weakness also I see). That was a looooong time ago!

Chocolate or vanilla, as long as it's made with really good ice cream.

That bacon cheeseburger I mentioned...I'm guessing about 7-8 miles.

Not a fan, but I noticed over on your blog that you've discovered their benefits.

Having started eating fish again a couple of years ago, I eat a lot of salmon for protein. In fact, my lunch today was salad mixed with a chopped up salmon burger. As for drinks, I do have a cholocate protein shake after workouts. I blend it with frozen berries, flax seed, and banana. It's almost as good as a milkshake!

thinking about this question, but also in my mind if you're in the
stands and a ball comes your way how aggressive are you in trying to
catch it?
Back in the days when I used to go to a lot of games, I'd be very aggressive, but I never once snagged a foul ball. More recently, having covered major league baseball for years, I've felt really good about being able to pick up a foul ball that's landed in the photographers area and hand it to a little kid in the stands.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:26 pm

Subway Turkey with lots of veggies on it.

Good old McD's have to go with 2 Big Mac's and 1 Quarter Pounder and large fry.

Chocolate/Banana love that combo

10 to 15 miles in my case of the McD's example.

I have eaten Kale and seaweed salad. As for cooking the Kale have to ask Lisa. We had it in a soup before and I have also eaten it raw.

Oysters, Walleye, Salmon and any other fish. As for drink I really like the new Recovery drinks that Gatorade has out and I also like this Protein mix we bought from or gym it's there own brand X-Sport.

7. Totally off lunch unless you have a hot dog in one hand in your image thinking about this question, but also in my mind if you're in the stands and a ball comes your way how aggressive are you in trying to catch it?

Not very aggressive these days because the dogs at Sox park cost to much money to drop it. I order the dog at Sox Park that is bigger and has lots off extra onions on it. Plus I can't just order 1 again I have to get 2 or 3. Like the McD's I go big or don't do it at all.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Chipotle salad w/ chicken, corn, light cheese. Not exactly healthy.

[img]Friday thread Skylin10[/img]

3. What flavor milk shake? vanilla

20 miles; That's why a 3-way tastes soooo good after a 20 mi

No, but I've eaten flowers.

for lunch? Rare roast beef or turkey breast.

7. Totally off lunch unless you have a hot dog in one hand in your image thinking about this question, but also in my mind if you're in the stands and a ball comes your way how ler.aggressive are you in trying to catch it?

I am ALWAYS afraid of falling over the edge or down the concrete stairs at stadiums. Yikes!
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:44 pm

rhondda h wrote:1. Thinking about lunch, what your's go to option for a healthier fast food lunch?
I wouldn't really call it healthy, but I like a chicken burrito from Taco Bell. Can't beat the $2 lunch special!

rhondda h wrote:2. What's your go to fast food option, when you are in an awww, frick it, life may be short mood?
A whole $5 pizza from Little Caesars. Not really good, but cheap and fast!

rhondda h wrote:3. What flavor milk shake?
Vanilla all the way

rhondda h wrote:4. How many miles do you think you need to run to wear off the awww frick it lunch?
Do I really want to know? Probably more than I can do pale

rhondda h wrote:5. Have you ever eaten kale or any other types of weeds and if so how do you cook 'em?
No, but I second the eating flowers - wife used to grow them and they were not bad!

rhondda h wrote:6. What is your favorite protein type food (or drink)?
Does a 20 oz steak count? Other than that, a tall glass of skim milk.

rhondda h wrote:7. Totally off lunch unless you have a hot dog in one hand in your image thinking about this question, but also in my mind if you're in the stands and a ball comes your way how aggressive are you in trying to catch it?
Not very - I would be afraid of accidentally knocking over an old lady or a kid. If I did catch it, I would probably give it to a kid anyway...

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:55 pm

Subway

Arby's.

Jamocha

5? I don't know. I just run what I run, I don't really run extra if I eat a big meal.

I don't think so.

cheese? I love cheese. Chicken is good, too.

Not at all...I'm more of a cover my head and don't hit me kind of person.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  rhondda h Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:12 pm

1. Thinking about lunch, what your's go to option for a healthier fast food lunch? Subway.

2. What's your go to fast food option, when you are in an awww, frick it, life may be short mood?Arby's large roast beef combo with curly fries, diet coke (ha!) and a chocolate milk shake. (Today was a frick it day! Very Happy The large beef and fries were no problem but holy crud talk about a gallon of diet coke).

3. What flavor milk shake? Chocolate although I prefer peppermint, why the heck aren't they around all year?

4. How many miles do you think you need to run to wear off the awww frick it lunch?8 or 9, so it'll take me 3 runs at the rate I run now.

5. Have you ever eaten kale or any other types of weeds and if so how do you cook 'em? Kale was recommended as the healthiest weed out there. I nuked it and added raspberry vinegarette and sunflower seeds. Tolerable tasting.

6. What is your favorite protein type food (or drink)? salmon

I'm cheap so never tried when I had a 6 dollar hotdog or beer in my hand (and I usually have one or the other). I was always amazed at the people who dive and risk bodily harm mowing over everyone in their way. A couple of games ago we saw a 3 year old smacked with a batting practice flyball and get completely knocked out so I adopted a run if I think they are even close and after seeing the recent video I won't even try and catch one that Soriano tosses gently up.

PS How come it says I'm posting at 8 p.m. when it's 1? Do I need to switch some setting somewhere?

Last edited by rhondda h on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
rhondda h
rhondda h

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:13 pm

I like McDonald's oatmeal and I'll get that and a giant Diet Coke sometimes. But I just had Panera and that was pretty good and not a belt buster.

A burger place like Fosters, Five Guys etc.

Bannana rules over all other milk shakes.

Geez, I never think about it like that but probably should.

Whole Food's just started carrying - or more accurately, I just noticed - something called Brad's Kale which is dried up kale leaves but with flavors like cheese. Its really good! Kind of like chips.

I don't really have steak all that much anymore but there are times when a big juicy steak tastes pretty sweet after a long run or race.

After seeing the news about the guy dying, I'll definitely be trying a lot less! I've never caught one at a game, though.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi Rhondda!

Without a doubt, Noodles.

Tough chocie. Portillo's has the best though.

Vanilla

Double cheeseburger, large fries, milkshake = 15 miles

No, though I've eaten vegetables I don't know what they are in Japan and Singapore

Regular - chicken breast, occasional - filet mignon

7. Totally off lunch unless you have a hot dog in one hand in your image thinking about this question, but also in my mind, if you're in the stands and a ball comes your way, how aggressive are you in trying to catch it?
I'll move in my area but won't switch aisles or run on chairs (I've never caught one)
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:56 pm

1. Thinking about lunch, what your's go to option for a healthier fast
food lunch?
Subway

2. What's your go to fast food option, when you are
in an awww, frick it, life may be short mood?
Chinese takeout

3. What flavor milk
shake?
Strawberry

4. How many miles do you think you need to run to wear
off the awww frick it lunch?
At least 10

5. Have you ever eaten kale or any
other types of weeds and if so how do you cook 'em?
All weeds are good - spinach, mustard greens, lettuce, cabbage, you name it...

6. What is
your favorite protein type food (or drink)?
toss up...chicken, fish, nuts, or yogurt

7. Totally off lunch
unless you have a hot dog in one hand in your image thinking about this
question, but also in my mind, if you're in the stands and a ball comes
your way, how aggressive are you in trying to catch it?
I am not going to knock anyone over for it, but I am not going to just let it land next to me.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  KBFitz Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:13 pm

1. What is your go to option for a healthier fast food lunch? Slow food. No joke. Really.
2. What's your go to fast food option, when you are in an awww, frick it, life may be short mood? 5 Guys.
3. What flavor milk shake? Chocolate.
4. How many miles do you think you need to run to wear off the awww frick it lunch? 23.
You're in good company here grams. Mardi asked the same question a few years ago. Kale, mustard, collard or turnip all make a lovely mess 'o greens. By themselves or over rice: de-stem them, dice 'em a little with a paring knife, put them in slowly boiling water [just enough water to cover the greens] with salt for ~ 20-40 minutes [collards take longer to soften than the others], brown garlic in olive oil in a fry pan [add dried red chilies to taste] then add the greens & water and saute them on low heat for 5-15 minutes and serve -- yum. In pasta: brown garlic and chilies in olive oil [this is aglio, olio, peperoncino], de-stem then mince your greens aggressively, add to olive oil sauce with a little water and salt to soften the greens [alt1: soak sun-dried tomatoes or porcini mushrooms in water with salt and add that to the mix instead of just water and salt][alt2: brown Italian sausage (low-fat turkey Italian sausage is probably the healthiest) along with your garlic before adding greens and sun-dried tomatoes], simmer for 5-10 minutes before combining with pasta of your choice, eat -- yum.
6. What is your favorite protein type food (or drink)? I don't play favorites.
7. You're in the stands and a ball comes your way, how aggressively do you go after it? Totally.

PS: Set your time zone at Profile > Preferences > Time Zone
KBFitz
KBFitz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Glenn Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:20 pm

1. Thinking about lunch, what your's go to option for a healthier fast food lunch? A Salad.

2. What's your go to fast food option, when you are in an awww, frick it, life may be short mood? A big greasy Reuben.

3. What flavor milk shake? Chocolate.

4. How many miles do you think you need to run to wear off the awww frick it lunch? One. (if I allowed myself to eat it, I would be in denial, so why stop now).

5. Have you ever eaten kale or any other types of weeds and if so how do you cook 'em? I've eaten them. I've never cooked them.

6. What is your favorite protein type food (or drink)? Seafood.

7. Totally off lunch unless you have a hot dog in one hand in your image thinking about this question, but also in my mind, if you're in the stands and a ball comes your way, how aggressive are you in trying to catch it? Depends on the skill set needed. I'm a runner, so I'll try to beat somebody to a loose ball, but I wouldn't fare well trying to check or tackle somebody to get to it.
Glenn
Glenn
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:25 pm

1. Thinking about lunch, what your's go to option for a healthier fast food lunch? Salad at Panera

2. What's your go to fast food option, when you are in an awww, frick it, life may be short mood? McDonalds or Boston Market

3. What flavor milk shake? Chocolate, unless it's March when McDonalds does their Shamrock Shakes

4. How many miles do you think you need to run to wear off the awww frick it lunch? Probably 7 or 8, but I don't want to know

5. Have you ever eaten kale or any other types of weeds and if so how do you cook 'em? No, but I've heard of slicing kale and baking it into kale chips

6. What is your favorite protein type food (or drink)? Does a burger count as protein?

7. Totally off lunch unless you have a hot dog in one hand in your image thinking about this question, but also in my mind, if you're in the stands and a ball comes your way, how aggressive are you in trying to catch it? Not at all aggressive. There's always taller people near me that desperately need to catch it, so I don't really move when that happens.
Penelope
Penelope
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:27 pm

Yes, you can, but I want a cherry on top.

Chipotle: Black beans (extra), fajita veggies, pico de gallo, corn salsa, guacamole, and lettuce.

N/A; can't eat much at most places.

Vanilla malt.

A splurge lunch/meal is generally 800-900 calories instead of 450-500, so about 4-5.

Yep. Blanch first, especially with kale and chard, or your throat will itch. Then either cook like spinach with garlic/brown mushrooms or use in a fall/winter soup.

Currently, I'm enjoying the renaissance of fish in my diet. And eggs. What kind of vegan am I?

Not. If it's a puck, that's another story. But I wouldn't get catty for it.

You didn't ask, but speaking of lunch:
Just ate black bean/summer squash/brown mushroom tacos topped with salsa, guacamole, a squeeze of lime, and shredded lettuce. Yum.

EDIT: I'm surprised how many of us are fish fans. Would've guessed a lot more red meat would be floating around this thread.

Last edited by Mike MacLellan on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Friday thread Empty

Almost lunch time and no Friday thread! Can I? Pretty please? Hi Rhondda - hope you are doing well and thanks.

1. Thinking about lunch, what your's go to option for a healthier fast food lunch? Chik-fil-a Grilled chicken club sandwich.

2. What's your go to fast food option, when you are in an awww, frick it, life may be short mood? The real Chik-fil-a sandwich and the waffle fries.

3. What flavor milk shake? Vanilla.

4. How many miles do you think you need to run to wear off the awww frick it lunch? Too many, but it was awww frick it, right?

5. Have you ever eaten kale or any other types of weeds and if so how do you cook 'em? Yes. Kale that has been oven roasted - ends up like a french fry and tastes pretty good. I loved spinach cooked in garlic and lemon and olive oil. I've had dandelion salad many times, but I leave the rest of the greens (collard, turnip, etc.) to real Southerners.

6. What is your favorite protein type food (or drink)? Chocolate milk for the drink, and salmon for the food.

7. Totally off lunch unless you have a hot dog in one hand in your image thinking about this question, but also in my mind, if you're in the stands and a ball comes your way, how aggressive are you in trying to catch it? Not as agressive as the guy in Texas. How truly sad.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:46 pm

rhondda h wrote:Almost lunch time and no Friday thread! Can I? Pretty please?

Subway and Qdoba

Pizza Hut $5 all you can eat lunch
In California Del taco and In n Out double double

3. What flavor milk shake? Chocolate(Martin and Lewis) style

4. How many miles do you think you need to run to wear off the awww frick it lunch? 10 miles

5. Have you ever eaten kale or any other types of weeds and if so how do you cook 'em? Dandelion wine and salad , kale--Southern greens--very easy to fry in olive oil and mix with garlic, sea salt and balsamic vinegar

Buffalo and Emu, but now I live in Maine and eat Haddock and Shellfish

Simple: squash the dog in your mouth and catch the ball with the hand that was holding the dog because the otherhand is holding the beer(and without falling to the crowd below) Crying or Very sad
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Colleen Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:48 pm

Starbucks for a non-fat latte and a spinach wrap.

Double-double, fries and a shake from In 'n Out Burger

Strawberry

Well, I only let myself have it after a half or full marathon, so I guess I'm figuring about 13.1 miles!

My sister put kale in a soup she made me eat one time, I think.

Turkey burgers, or tempeh if I'm in a non-meat mood

I'm very aggressive...in my efforts to get the hell out of the way and hide behind whoever is next to me. I was scarred by too many years in the outfield during high school softball games.
Colleen
Colleen

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:08 pm

Buffalo Chicken Pita at Pita Pit
It's not exactly what you are asking, but I have a mcchicken sandwich and a 3 piece chicken select before most of my lunch workouts. 700-750 calories with absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever.
Pass
My real "screw it" lunch? Probably 15 miles. I can eat.
God no
Bone-In Rib Steak
Not very. Certainly not aggressively enough to die in front of my kids.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:09 pm

Oh god, now I'm craving Skyline chili.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:15 pm

1. Thinking about lunch, what your go to option for a healthier fast food lunch? Subway nearly 100% of the time.

2. What's your go to fast food option, when you are in an awww, frick it, life may be short mood? Usually ends up being Taco Bell, but there's a few local sandwich places that I have a major weak spot for.

3. What flavor milk shake? Strawberry!

4. How many miles do you think you need to run to wear off the awww frick it lunch? Oh, probably 8 or so (1,000 calories is about right I think).

5. Have you ever eaten kale or any other types of weeds and if so how do you cook 'em? I think the closest I've come is dandelion wine!

6. What is your favorite protein type food (or drink)? Favorite: Ribeye; Most often consumed: chicken.

thinking about this question, but also in my mind, if you're in the
stands and a ball comes your way, how aggressive are you in trying to
catch it? I'm getting the damn thing as long as I don't mow down any kids or grandmas!
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:45 pm

healdgator wrote:Oh god, now I'm craving Skyline chili.

Smile
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:40 pm

Can I? Pretty please? Yes, indeed.

1. Thinking about lunch, what your's go to option for a healthier fast food lunch? Subway, Jimmy Johns and Potbelly are regulars in my weekly rotation.

2. What's your go to fast food option, when you are in an awww, frick it, life may be short mood? McDonalds. Such a weak spot for it...

3. What flavor milk shake? Shamrock Shake.

4. How many miles do you think you need to run to wear off the awww frick it lunch? 10?

5. Have you ever eaten kale or any other types of weeds and if so how do you cook 'em? Yes. My vegetarian wife cooks 'em.

6. What is your favorite protein type food (or drink)? Steak, medium rare.

7. Totally off lunch unless you have a hot dog in one hand in your image thinking about this question, but also in my mind, if you're in the stands and a ball comes your way, how aggressive are you in trying to catch it? Very. Which is probably why I have caught 6 in my lifetime.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim fredericks Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:08 pm

Friday thread Empty Friday thread

Friday thread Empty rhondda h Today at 11:27 am

1. Thinking about lunch, what your's go to option for a healthier fast food lunch? Panera, soup and salad.

2. What's your go to fast food option, when you are in an awww, frick it, life may be short mood? Wendy's double cheeseburger.

3. What flavor milk shake? Chocolate

4. How many miles do you think you need to run to wear off the awww frick it lunch? 100 calories per mile, so 1000 calories = 10 miles.

5. Have you ever eaten kale or any other types of weeds and if so how do you cook 'em? Ate seaweed in Hong Kong once but no idea how to cook it.

6. What is your favorite protein type food (or drink)? Peanut Butter.

7. Totally off lunch unless you have a hot dog in one hand in your image thinking about this question, but also in my mind, if you're in the stands and a ball comes your way, how aggressive are you in trying to catch it? Not very, it has to come right to me. Good question cuz I am going to see the Brewers and the Reds tonight.
Jim fredericks
Jim fredericks
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next