365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday thread

+26
Michael Enright
ChasMcG
Liz R
Kenny B.
Jim fredericks
Dave-O
mul21
healdgator
Colleen
Diego
Michele "1L" Keane
Mike MacLellan
Penelope
Glenn
KBFitz
Nick Morris
JohnP
Chris M
Julie
John Kilpatrick
Natalie
Schuey
Seth Harrison
Mark B
Jerry
rhondda h
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Friday thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Friday thread

Post  Kenny B. Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:10 pm

1. Thinking about lunch, what your's go to option for a healthier fast food lunch?

Starbucks veggie egg and cheese.

2. What's your go to fast food option, when you are in an awww, frick it, life may be short mood?

can't even go there.

3. What flavor milk shake?

Mint Chocolate chip or Mint cookies n creme boo-ya!

4. How many miles do you think you need to run to wear off the awww frick it lunch?

not many!

5. Have you ever eaten kale or any other types of weeds and if so how do you cook 'em?

Hijiki (black seaweed) love it.

6. What is your favorite protein type food (or drink)?

My homemade protein drink consists of vegan protein powder, chocolate rice milk, crushed ice, heavy rice cream, mint chocolate cookie and 1 paul newman dark chocolate peanut butter cup. Bam how'd you like me now.

7. Totally off lunch unless you have a hot dog in one hand in your image thinking about this question, but also in my mind, if you're in the stands and a ball comes your way, how aggressive are you in trying to catch it?

not much I'd probably run away from the ball.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz R Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:07 am

rhondda h wrote:Almost lunch time and no Friday thread! Can I? Pretty please?

With sugar on it!

1. Thinking about lunch, what your's go to option for a healthier fast food lunch?

Wendy's for baked potato and chili

2. What's your go to fast food option, when you are in an awww, frick it, life may be short mood?
Taco Cabana

Vanilla

4. How many miles do you think you need to run to wear off the awww frick it lunch?

20 miles

5. Have you ever eaten kale or any other types of weeds and if so how do you cook 'em?

Yes, often. The Moosewood Cookbooks are good for that. Beans and greens!

Steak, eggs, but I eat salmon the most

7. Totally off lunch unless you have a hot dog in one hand in your image thinking about this question, but also in my mind, if you're in the stands and a ball comes your way, how aggressive are you in trying to catch it?

I'd probably duck.

Liz R
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:29 pm

rhondda h wrote:Almost lunch time and no Friday thread! Can I? Pretty please?

1. Thinking about lunch, what your's go to option for a healthier fast food lunch? Subway

2. What's your go to fast food option, when you are in an awww, frick it, life may be short mood? hmmm Five Guys/Freddie's - I like Mustard's Last Stand too.

3. What flavor milk shake? Not big on milk shakes but used to like Chocolate a lot

4. How many miles do you think you need to run to wear off the awww frick it lunch? 6 - I never eat that much. I usually start feeling guilty somewhere in the middle

5. Have you ever eaten kale or any other types of weeds and if so how do you cook 'em? Funny. My grandmother would go through different yards and pick some certain weed. She would boil them for a few hours and then cover them in butter/salt. I think I liked them. I look back now and think WTF? REALLY GRANDMA? WEEDS? YOU FED WEEDS TO YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER?? hahaha One of her freezers was completely full of hotdogs. I miss my Granny and her weeds Sad

6. What is your favorite protein type food (or drink)? Pistachio nuts or any kind of nut really. Except walnuts. too many make my tongue hurt.

I'm not an aggressive person. I would be the one to get hit in the head and then give it to the kid behind me.
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:47 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:You didn't ask, but speaking of lunch:
Just ate black bean/summer squash/brown mushroom tacos topped with salsa, guacamole, a squeeze of lime, and shredded lettuce. Yum.

EDIT: I'm surprised how many of us are fish fans. Would've guessed a lot more red meat would be floating around this thread.

That sounds soooo good Mike!

Please send to Denver Colorado. Smile
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:00 pm

Subway: Turkey, with lettuce, tomato, pickles and black olives; no cheese or dressing.

Subway: Spicy Italian with provolone (toasted), lettuce, tomato, pickles, hot peppers, oil & vinegar. Mmmmmmm.

Chocolate, for sure. They really shouldn't bother to make other flavors.

Many.

I think so. When I was in college one year, we lived in a house, and the prior year's residents had a garden. By the time we got there the next fall, it was pretty overgrown, but there was a lot of recognizable and unrecognizable stuff growing in it. I was quite aggressive about eating that stuff. I would just boil the heck out of everything until it was tender. Had no idea what I was doing, so probably ate a lot of weeds!

Steak or tuna (especially sushi).

Totally off lunch unless you have a hot dog in one hand in your image
thinking about this question, but also in my mind, if you're in the
stands and a ball comes your way, how aggressive are you in trying to
catch it?

Not at all. Have never come close.
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Mello Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:50 pm

Is there such a thing? If I'm on the outs, and need to pick something up, I lean toward places where I can control what goes into my food - sandwich places, Chipotle, etc. At least I can control content.

I've become a big fan of Chick-Fil-A now that I live in the south. And the milkshakes there are awesome!

Cookies and Cream milkshake at Chick-Fil-A

2 weeks worth? Smile

Sure. I'm particularly fond of fiddle-heads, which are lovely just steamed, with a little butter on them. I want some now.....

Fish. I could eat it every day

Depends. We went to a AAA game a few weeks ago, and a smoking line drive came right at us, hitting the overhang above us with a loud ping. I was making no effort to catch it, and simply tried to cover Gabriel so he wouldnt get hit by it. I'll make a move on a pop-up, but I'm getting out of the way of line drives.
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  carleenp Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:17 pm

Almost lunch time and no Friday thread! Can I? Pretty please?

Subway ham on wheat with lettuce, tomatoes, spinach, vinegar (no oil), salt, pepper, oregano. sometime I add pepper jack cheese.

Portillos

None. Not really a milkshake fan!

10 or more

I liked Kale when I had it, but someone else cooked it. I eat spinach raw in salads.

Peanut Butter. I don't do the drinks (too much like shakes, see above)

Not very aggressive. I'm a weenie and can't catch!
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula Sue Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:13 am

Egads...better get this done before tomorrow affraid

Veggi wrap with broccoli slaw, Laughing Cow cheese and a multigrain wrap.
Burger King hamburger, fries
Chocolate malt at Wendy's
10 miles
Collard greens steamed with fried bacon bits
Filet mignon
Do everything on earth to catch that ball...except falling out of the stands. That stinks...the outcome isn't so good Evil or Very Mad
Paula Sue
Paula Sue
Poster
Poster

http://oceanbreeze-lake-erie.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:46 pm

1. Thinking about lunch, what your's go to option for a healthier fast food lunch? I honestly eat fast food hardly ever. I pack my lunch for work and otherwise eat with the babe at home. If it's going to be fast food, it's probably not going to be healthy Twisted Evil

2. What's your go to fast food option, when you are in an awww, frick it, life may be short mood? Burger King. For some reason, it is just my weakness.

3. What flavor milk shake? Chocolate

4. How many miles do you think you need to run to wear off the awww frick it lunch? Right now?? Probably 3. Way less than it used to be.

5. Have you ever eaten kale or any other types of weeds and if so how do you cook 'em? I don't eat weeds.

6. What is your favorite protein type food (or drink)? Chocolate milk. Or seafood.

7. Totally off lunch unless you have a hot dog in one hand in your image thinking about this question, but also in my mind, if you're in the stands and a ball comes your way, how aggressive are you in trying to catch it? I duck and hide. And protect my beer. I have seen too many people hurt themselves going for a ball.
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2