365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday Thread

+16
Mark B
Jim fredericks
Michele "1L" Keane
Kenny B.
Julie
Penelope
tom
Mike MacLellan
Chris M
Jerry
Nick Morris
Peg Coover
John Kilpatrick
Tim M
mul21
Mrs. Schuey
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Friday Thread Empty Friday Thread

Post  Mrs. Schuey Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:37 pm

Happy Friday, everyone!!

Do you have a certain brand of sock you like to wear in the summer vs the winter?

Do your feet sweat a lot?

Would you rather run on a sun exposed path or a wooded path where the humidity gets contained?

Do you carry a water bottle or a camelback on your long runs when it is really hot?

Have you been running outside during this recent heat wave?

What color describes you best and why?

What is your favorite pre-race fuel the night before?

What is a dream you have or something you would like to accomplish in your lifetime?

What’s your greatest fear?

What would life be like if you could walk on walls?

If you had unlimited money for one week, how would you spend it?

Who influenced you the most when you were a child?
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Friday Thread Empty Re: Friday Thread

Post  mul21 Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:51 pm

Do you have a certain brand of sock you like to wear in the summer vs the winter? Nope, my feet heat and cool themselves pretty efficiently it seems.

Do your feet sweat a lot? Nope.

Would you rather run on a sun exposed path or a wooded path where the humidity gets contained? Shade and humidity. The sun is like kryptonite!

Do you carry a water bottle or a camelback on your long runs when it is really hot? Nope, I drop water/Gatorade ahead of time.

Have you been running outside during this recent heat wave? Very little, lots of treadmill time.

What color describes you best and why? Beige, I'm kind of neutral and get along with everybody.

What is your favorite pre-race fuel the night before? Spaghetti with red sauce, simple but effective.

What is a dream you have or something you would like to accomplish in your lifetime? Run the 5 marathon majors. I'm 20% of the way there!

What’s your greatest fear? Man eating dinosaurs?

What would life be like if you could walk on walls? You're weird! lol! And I'm pretty sure that would mean I was a super hero!

If you had unlimited money for one week, how would you spend it? Booze and hookers. Um, no, wait, how about cars and houses and a sweet vacation.

Who influenced you the most when you were a child? Mr. T. afro
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:53 pm

Do you have a certain brand of sock you like to wear in the summer vs the winter? Drymax ultra thin. Best sock ever. I wear them all season

Do your feet sweat a lot? No.

Would you rather run on a sun exposed path or a wooded path where the humidity gets contained? Sun exposed path. That way you can get a nice tan while working out.

Do you carry a water bottle or a camelback on your long runs when it is really hot? Water bottle normally. Camelback (Nathan) on the trails because it holds more.

Have you been running outside during this recent heat wave? What heat wave?

What color describes you best and why? Not sure what color my aura is today. Sorry.

What is your favorite pre-race fuel the night before? Sushi.

What is a dream you have or something you would like to accomplish in your lifetime? Win the Powerball. Just once.

What’s your greatest fear? Lawyers.

What would life be like if you could walk on walls? Ask spiderman.

If you had unlimited money for one week, how would you spend it? I would buy a country and declare myself supreme dictator for life.

Who influenced you the most when you were a child? [Typical answer to follow] My dad.

Last edited by Tim M on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:01 pm

Happy Friday, everyone!!
Back at you!

Do you have a certain brand of sock you like to wear in the summer vs the winter?
No - but I just got my first pair of non-cotton socks and they are nice to run/bike in!

I don't know where on my body the sweat comes from, but they need wringing out before they get brought in the house!

Would you rather run on a sun exposed path or a wooded path where the humidity gets contained?
I guess I would like to run on wooded paths if I had any nearby. A combination of both would be best.

Do you carry a water bottle or a camelback on your long runs when it is really hot?
Yes - there are zero fountains anywhere I run

Yes, most days.

Deep blue - reminds me of the ocean!

Spaghetti with red sauce and a good crusty bread

What is a dream you have or something you would like to accomplish in your lifetime?
I would like to catch a 1,000 pound blue marlin and a bluefin tuna larger than me.

Something happening to my son.

my floors would be a lot cleaner?

Unlimited? I would get the US out of debt and make sure everyone had health care. I would give every school teacher a bonus for putting up with a bad few years. After that, I guess I would top out a college fund for my son, get my wife a nice house in the country with a big fenced in back yard with a pond and a few pet ducks, and get lifetime season tickets to Virginia Tech football (and prepay for a jet/pilot, etc to get me there and back).

Actually, I don't know what I would do - that is a tough question!!!

The obvious answer is my parents. I remember my Grandfather taking me fishing when i was young - memories that I will treasure forever! My Mom and Dad are my heroes though...

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:07 pm

[quote="Mrs. Schuey"]Happy Friday, everyone!!

Do you have a certain brand of sock you like to wear in the summer vs the winter? I always wear Wright Socks

Do your feet sweat a lot? Yes! As does the rest of me!

Would you rather run on a sun exposed path or a wooded path where the humidity gets contained? I do a lot of runs in the sun, and none on wooded paths, so it might be kind of nice to try that!

Do you carry a water bottle or a camelback on your long runs when it is really hot? No, I drop water bottles out or run through the golf course and drink from their jugs they have set out by the restrooms (I'm a member).

Have you been running outside during this recent heat wave? Yes, in week 9 of Int. 2 and I've done 16 and 17 as the longest so far in the heat wave.

What color describes you best and why? Pink. I like it. It's girly. My skin tone is kind of pink.

What is your favorite pre-race fuel the night before? Pasta and a salad.

What is a dream you have or something you would like to accomplish in your lifetime? I have everything I could ask for: great family, a grandson, great job, modest but nice enough house, so I guess I will stick with a running dream: I hope I can keep running until I'm old(er) and gray! I don't want to have any injuries or health problems stop me from running.

What’s your greatest fear? Losing a family member.

What would life be like if you could walk on walls? It might be easier to paint and clean spider webs and dust?

If you had unlimited money for one week, how would you spend it? I would move my sister into a handicap accessible house that I pay for and put money in an account so she could retire early, pay off my son-in-laws student loans, buy computers for my school district, pay to have the old ugly grain elevator torn down in our town, visit my sister-in-law in Seattle, and by then the week is up and I would donate the rest.

Who influenced you the most when you were a child? I think my sisters and brothers did. I idolized them, listened to their advice, and was best friends with them. When my oldest sister went to college I cried and cried, I was 5. I thought that every one had to go to college!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:14 pm

Do you have a certain brand of sock you like to wear in the summer vs
the winter?
Brand - No, Style - Yes...I like the thinner no show in the summer and the thicker crew in the winter

I think so

Would you rather run
on a sun exposed path or a wooded path where the humidity gets
contained?
Horse a piece

Do you carry a water bottle or a camelback on your
long runs when it is really hot?
Water bottle - Normally on runs longer than 10 miles

Have you been running outside
during this recent heat wave?
What heat wave??

What color describes you best and
why?
Red - aggressive and fierce

Pasta and chicken

What
is a dream you have or something you would like to accomplish in your
lifetime?
I would like to run a large, successful company

Rejection

What would life be
like if you could walk on walls?
Sideways

If you had unlimited money for
one week, how would you spend it?
Since it is unlimited, I would help the poor, get our country out of debt, fund my parents retirement, and place a large some in a high interest bank account so that when the week is over I would be set for life Friday Thread 2472758156 Friday Thread 2472758156 Friday Thread 2472758156

Who influenced you the most
when you were a child?
My mother
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:21 pm

No, always Balega.

Don't know. Normal?

Wooded is much better except those bugs.

No. Fortunately I have water fountains in my running route.

Living in Texas, what do you think?

Tan, because it seems more fashionable than brown.

Diet Coke at dinner.

Too many broken dreams already.

No dream.

America got talent?

Raise the US debt ceiling? lol!

Chairman Mao.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:35 pm

Nah, I wear lots of different brands and don't switch em up based on temps.

EVERYTHING on me sweats a lot. I sweat a ton. Feet too. I can hear the squish squish squish sometimes when I run.

Love to get out of the direct sunlight. That's the biggest killer to me and so any shade is money.

I don't. Probably should. But I just don't like wearing or carrying bottles.

Most definitely.

Blue. I seem to wear a lot of blue. I open my closet and at least 1/2 to 2/3 of my work shirts have blue in them or are pretty much all blue. Don't know why. Guess I like blue!

I keep it simple with spagehitti and tomato sauce.

I would like the lifestyle I have now but not have to work. Wow, that would be awesome.

Always some version of something happening to the family.

I'd still take the elevator instead.

Recklessly.

My parents for sure. Not one more than the other. Both of them.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:36 pm

Nope, but I change them depending on which pair of shoes I'm wearing. I have a size 9.5 pair and size 10 pair (same shoes), so the thicker socks go with the bigger pair, generally worn during long road runs. The smaller pair get thinner socks and are for shorter road runs or long trail runs.

Not really.

Is there a slight breeze on the wooded path? If so, that one.

Camelback when I go into the wild.

Yep.

Purple. Best of blue and red. And I eat a LOT of fucking blueberries. And blackberries.

The night before? Nothing special. The night before a long run where potential GI stuff wouldn't be a huge problem, lots of sugar-filled cereal.

Complete dream: own a bed and breakfast with a large garden/orchard/some livestock, local-food themed, where I teach guests to cook seasonally and with real ingredients, as well as grow their own.

Loved ones being hurt.

Epic.

I'd invest a shitload of it to make sure I had it coming back to me for the rest of my life after that week.

My brother or dad. Now it's probably my brother.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  tom Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:29 pm

Do you have a certain brand of sock you like to wear in the summer vs the winter? Smartwool year round.

Do your feet sweat a lot? Yes.

Would you rather run on a sun exposed path or a wooded path where the humidity gets contained? Wooded path, lucky to leave very near to several.

Do you carry a water bottle or a camelback on your long runs when it is really hot? No, plant bottles the night before then pick them up after the run.

Have you been running outside during this recent heat wave? Yes.

What color describes you best and why? Gray, I'm pretty boring.

What is your favorite pre-race fuel the night before? Pasta + salad.

What is a dream you have or something you would like to accomplish in your lifetime? Purchase a home in Austria.

What’s your greatest fear? Something happening to my children.

What would life be like if you could walk on walls? No idea, probably wouldn't do it much.

If you had unlimited money for one week, how would you spend it? Purchase oceanfront property in NC and a house in the Alps and aifetime airline ticket!

Who influenced you the most when you were a child? My family, by a long shot, especially my brother and maternal grandfather.
tom
tom

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:37 pm

Happy Friday, everyone!!

Do you have a certain brand of sock you like to wear in the summer vs the winter? Nah, just wear the same all year.

Do your feet sweat a lot? No more than the rest of me. But yes, they sweat.

Would you rather run on a sun exposed path or a wooded path where the humidity gets contained? I don't like to run in humidity, so I'd take the sun-exposed path if it was less humid.

Do you carry a water bottle or a camelback on your long runs when it is really hot? I did carry water on my long runs when I did longer runs.

Have you been running outside during this recent heat wave? Yes. For me, it's been comfortably hot. But I wasn't here in Chicago during the heat advisory last week.

What color describes you best and why? Green. I like plants / trees and nature. I like to recycle and I hate wasting. And prefer to walk rather than drive when possible.

What is your favorite pre-race fuel the night before? Pasta

What is a dream you have or something you would like to accomplish in your lifetime? As far as running? I'd like to BQ.

What’s your greatest fear? I'm afraid of snakes.

What would life be like if you could walk on walls? Sweet!

If you had unlimited money for one week, how would you spend it? Maybe traveling through Europe.

Who influenced you the most when you were a child? My parents
Penelope
Penelope
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:13 pm

Happy Friday, everyone!!

you too!

just thinner socks

no

wooded provided there weren't a ton of mosquitoes

water bottle in my fuel belt thing

yes

umm...not sure. black/white because that is the kind of thinker I usually am.

potatoes. They don't bother my tummy.

If we can save the cash I would love to move on to an acreage.

don't want to think about it right now because it's kind of sad.

sticky?

I would pay off the mortgage! Very Happy then get my acreage in cash. haha. win win.

My mom and my oldest sister.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:41 pm

Summer asics mainly left over nike elites.

No!

Tough one have done both. I think the shade is very helpful on a very sunny morning.

Handheld bottle on runs over an hour or so.

Yes!

Orange/Black. 365Competitors

Whole wheat pasta, red sauce, lots of grated cheese. (for marathons). Otherwise whatever is healthy.

A business that gives back!

What you fear you attract! Therefore I rather think another thought!

I could if I remembered how!

Whatever I'd buy I'd buy a second one and give to the person behind me.

Parents usually they are our higher power until we realize they are just parents.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:49 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:What color describes you best and why?

Purple. Best of blue and red. And I eat a LOT of fucking blueberries. And blackberries.

MMM...blueberries!!! I eat a shit ton of those, too.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:51 am

It looks like pasta is the pre race choice for most...I would have never guessed that Wink
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:03 am

Nick Morris wrote:It looks like pasta is the pre race choice for most...I would have never guessed that Wink

I wonder what Kenyan eat, which may explain ...... Friday Thread 1193849567
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:09 am

Jerry wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:It looks like pasta is the pre race choice for most...I would have never guessed that Wink

I wonder what Kenyan eat, which may explain ...... Friday Thread 1193849567

Probably dung beetles and cassava root...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:20 pm

Injera is a VERY popular choice among the Ethiopians. Haile said that that is what he eats before races.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Injera
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:57 pm

Guess I will stick to pasta and diet coke. Very Happy
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:22 pm

Better late than never..........

Do you have a certain brand of sock you like to wear in the summer vs the winter? No, I wear the same ones.

Do your feet sweat a lot? Yes, but I sweat a lot. My feet; however, only sweat when I'm running or playing tennis, not during the normal course of the day - so just when I exercise I guess.

Would you rather run on a sun exposed path or a wooded path where the humidity gets contained? Wooded as it is the sun that causes my issues with the heat.

Do you carry a water bottle or a camelback on your long runs when it is really hot? Depends on how long the run is.

Have you been running outside during this recent heat wave? Yes

What color describes you best and why? Fuschia or magenta - it just does.

What is your favorite pre-race fuel the night before? Pasta and a glass of red wine.

What is a dream you have or something you would like to accomplish in your lifetime? Nothing special, just to be the best parent to my daughter that I can, and that is a life long goal.

What’s your greatest fear? That I won't succeed at my goal above.

What would life be like if you could walk on walls? Upside down and sideways.

If you had unlimited money for one week, how would you spend it? Well, I'd love to say I'd pay the national debt, but since I don't trust congress, I guess I give it to those who need it but wouldn't simply spend it on beer.

Who influenced you the most when you were a child? My dad.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim fredericks Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:59 pm

Friday Thread Empty Friday Thread
Friday Thread Empty Mrs. Schuey Yesterday at 2:37 pm

Happy Friday, everyone!!

Do you have a certain brand of sock you like to wear in the summer vs the winter? Always use Wigwam socks no matter the weather.

Do your feet sweat a lot? Um, average I guess.

Would you rather run on a sun exposed path or a wooded path where the humidity gets contained? Wooded path as long as their are not too many bugs.

Do you carry a water bottle or a camelback on your long runs when it is really hot? Water bottle. Tried a camelback once and hated it.

Have you been running outside during this recent heat wave? Yes and it has not been pretty.

What color describes you best and why? Red, always on the lookout and always alarmed.

What is your favorite pre-race fuel the night before? Actually like tohave a steak and some rice and bread for carbs.

What is a dream you have or something you would like to accomplish in your lifetime? I really wanted to get to Boston but now I would be happy if I could do one more full marathon.

What’s your greatest fear? Getting old and fat and losing my fitness and my passion for running.

What would life be like if you could walk on walls? Very obtuse.

If you had unlimited money for one week, how would you spend it? Pay off everything I owe.

Who influenced you the most when you were a child? I grew up in the military so it was my father and the people in the Air Force.
Jim fredericks
Jim fredericks
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: what Kenyans eat...

http://runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=3955

http://dailyrunningtips.com/kenyan-runners/kenyan-runners-and-their-love-for-vegetable-diet/
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:45 pm

WrightSock (Cool Mesh) pretty much year-round.

Yes.

Probably wooded, unless there's a breeze.

I have taken bottles when I could refill, but on the trails I may need to use the Camelbak.

The Pacific Northwest somehow missed the "hazy hot humid" meeting.

Green (and/or blue). Colors of nature.

Odwala Bar and rice milk.

To keep my love of running alive for the rest of my life.

I don't know.

Messy. I'm notoriously bad at remembering to wipe my feet.

Create a whole bunch of endowments and fund a bunch of good works. That, and pay off my credit cards.

My parents. Not sure which one, though.
[b]
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:46 pm

I usually wear Adidas wicking socks (bought them by the bunch at Costco). I do have one pair of nice running socks that I'll break out for long runs and for races.

No more than the average bear.

Wooded path.

I use a fanny pack style belt that holds a thermos for runs over 15 miles.

Haven't missed a run.

Blue...not because I'm sad.

Nothing special. I'll have my pre-marathon pasta the night before.

If we're talking running, I've already achieved my main goal, which was to qualify for and run Boston. Even though my performance at Boston was far from what I had hoped, given the setbacks I've had, everything else from here on in has to be considered icing on the cake.
As for the rest of my life, that's a big question. I don't have a specific goal or dream, but when I approach the end of my life, I'd like to be able to look back with very few regrets, and very few things left on my bucket list (that sounds awfully trite, but it makes the point).

I'm a parent...enough said.

Getting rid of cobwebs and dust at the top of the wall and ceiling would be a heck of a lot easier.

I'd start by paying off all my debts, book a really nice trip, set my kids up for life, do a fair amount of charitable giving.

I'll say my high school photography teacher. Along with directing me to the right college, she was an amazing teacher, an amazing inspiration, and just the best teacher I've ever had. Talk about someone who found their true calling...
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Glenn Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:45 pm

Do you have a certain brand of sock you like to wear in the summer vs the winter? Not really.

Do your feet sweat a lot? No

Would you rather run on a sun exposed path or a wooded path where the humidity gets contained? Give me the shade.

Do you carry a water bottle or a camelback on your long runs when it is really hot? Usually neither - I have a several 20 mile routes scoped out with enough water fountains to not be a problem. I've not carried water on a run yet this year.

Have you been running outside during this recent heat wave? Yes. With low humidity and high elevation in Utah, you can beat the heat on the hottest of days - IF you get out early enough

What color describes you best and why? Hmm - I don't think I'm a color.

What is your favorite pre-race fuel the night before? Pasta - I've had a couple of good races with Pad Thai the night before - and a couple with straight-up spaghetti and marina sauce.

What is a dream you have or something you would like to accomplish in your lifetime? Raised a kid who's got his shit together.

What’s your greatest fear? Tat we will leave a world to the next generation that is worse off than we have been.

What would life be like if you could walk on walls? About 90 degrees away from a bad Lionel Ritchie video.

If you had unlimited money for one week, how would you spend it? Pay off the U.S. debt - That or buy me a sweet-ass house.

Who influenced you the most when you were a child? My Parents.
Glenn
Glenn
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next