365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felt a Hundred Different Demons

+37
Lauren
healdgator
Diego
T Miller
Glenn
Michael Enright
Dave P
Mrs. Schuey
fostever
jon c
JohnP
Michele "1L" Keane
Nick Morris
Joel H
Seth Harrison
ChasMcG
KBFitz
Penelope
mul21
John Kilpatrick
Jeff F
Matt W
Kenny B.
Dave-O
Jerry
jdholland
Julie
Jim Lentz
Natalie
Chris M
Peg Coover
Alex Kubacki
Mark B
Bob
GregC
Mike MacLellan
Schuey
41 posters

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 12 Empty Re: Felt a Hundred Different Demons

Post  Schuey Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:26 am

Mike MacLellan wrote:...I still hate that on any given Sunday you can blast out 20 @ that pace. That's faster than my goal MP for the next cycle. Ugh. Very Happy

Mike thanks but like John said below you are doing just fine yourself. And don't worry I'm sure you will be able to knock out 20 milers at that pace and faster in the future if you want to. Remember it has taken me some time to get to this point, just like you. I can remember when it took everything I had to run 20 miles @ 8:00 pace.

John Kilpatrick wrote:
Mike MacLellan wrote:...I still hate that on any given Sunday you can blast out 20 @ that pace. That's faster than my goal MP for the next cycle. Ugh. Very Happy

Hey Mike - there are a lot of people out there saying the same thing about YOU Wink!

Great running Martin - now that I know a little bit of your story, it is awesome to see you continuing to stretch yourself. Shows some of us what potential we MIGHT have!

Thanks John and there is hope and success waiting for anyone who wants it. Also to me success is measured in many different ways and is interrupted main different ways by people. There is no doubt that many people on these boards and people running in general have all kinds of potential it's just a matter what we want to do with it and how we want to develop it. Again everyone is different and everyone has there special something that God gave them as a gift what one does with that gift they have been given is up to them.

Matt W wrote:

Nice 20 miler! I've been banged up for most of the summer and would love to have a run like that now. It's good to read your excitement for your new schedule and everything else you have going on in your life.

I'm sure that you will do a great job of giving Chris a tour of your city. I'm just wondering how many words he'll get the chance to say to you. I picture you giving him plenty to listen to while you churn out 6:50 miles for just under 3 hours. Smile

I hope everything continues to go well for you. Keep up the good work!

Matt don't worry I'm sure that if you take care of things you will be back at it running those pace in the future. Good to see that you are signed up for Boston again. It will be great to see and hangout with you in Beantown again. Maybe this time you won't have to wait as long for me at the finish! affraid

I'm sure that Chris and I will have one heck of a time running the city of Chicago together. As for talking it up I'm not sure I will be doing to much talking with the way Chris has been burning up the streets. I just hope that I can do my job as a good pacer.

Alright first run of the day is in the books! I started my run @ 4:59am this morning in a nice steady rain. Nothing special just a nice recovery effort for 6.10 miles @ 7:43 pace this morning. Felt pretty darn good for just running 20 miles in the late after noon yesterday and only have 15 hours of rest between runs.

Have a Grateful Day everyone and don't forget to smile as much as possible today. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 12 Empty Re: Felt a Hundred Different Demons

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:59 pm

Hope the job is going well, and thanks for the kind note in my blog. Have fun this weekend in Hell - it is a great, fun time, but don't expect to run too fast. Of course, if it rains it will be even more fun.

See you in Beantown.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:58 pm

Hey i noticed that trail running link had the trail of the month as my hometown in Ohio where I run when I visit mom http://www.newrunner.com/cda/microsite/article/0,8029,s6-238-511-0-14049-0,00.html
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:20 pm

Why not round that 6.1 to an even 6.2 for a 10K?
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:05 pm

The week is going well and it well I have to say things are clicking pretty darn well. I like it when things come easy and I feel like I can do anything when it comes to training. So outside of my normal easy runs of 6 to 8 miles here are two highlight runs of the week so far.

Tuesday PM run: 8.10 miles @ 6:50 avg. pace
Wednesday PM run: 10.25 miles @ 6:35 avg. pace

No doubt that all the warm weather running is paying off. It is unbelievable how easy the effort feels doing these runs in the cooler and lower humidity and dew point weather.

If things can stay along this path and if my body holds up well for 50 miles, I feel there is good chance that it can be a special day. Eye is on the end goal. Not only that if I can continue to stay healthy, train smart and make the right adjustments Boston 2012 has a chance to be another special day. Stop back-up, first things first looking forward to not pacing Chris but running with Chris and seeing that big fat smile on his face when he sees that 2 for the first time in his marathon finish time. After that it is time for me to kick ass on Nov. 19th and really see if I have a chance to be a player at the Ultra distance.

Yep I'm ready to bring it and there is no doubt that I feel that my fitness has gone to another new level.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:25 am

Note to self: smoke a lot of dope, move to Chico for a few years, and somewhere along the way develop the positive attitude that Schuey seems to always have. Wish I felt this confident about everything!
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:17 am

So the plan for Chicago is you are going to pace Chris and then your JFK 50 miler is your all-out goal race? If we lived closer we'd be there cheering for you all but unfortunately I think it's an 11 hr drive just to Chicago.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  T Miller Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:24 am

Schuey wrote:

No doubt I agree with you 100% Tim! Tecumseh is on the radar and there is no doubt I will be doing it! If not this year most likely next year. When I do plan to run Tecumseh for some training runs we should get together and run together!

For sure..
T Miller
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:27 am

Schuey, I have enjoyed reading about your newfound love of trail running and am glad to see how excited you are regarding your 50 mile training. I have no doubt that you will make a dent in the top finishers in ultra running if not in the JFK then in others. I only see good things ahead for you.

Glad to see that you are getting along OK with your job transition and keeping the training up. It's also good to see that you give Lisa credit where credit is due. I know that if Connie and Hannah were not supportive of my running lifestyle that I probably would not be doing what I am doing. Life is quite the balancing act sometimes...
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:22 pm

Martin looks like you're in a really good place right now with things. This will only serve to make race day that much more memorable. When you do the 50M you'll take all of that and explode to new heights. I think the ultra distances will be your true calling.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:06 pm

Martin, are you tapering at all, or just training through Chicago? I really like the confidence you have in your training. I want to get down there to see if we can go for a run sometime though you will need to run backwards to go at my pace. Golf on Saturdays and church on Sundays is making this difficult.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:47 pm

JohnP wrote:Martin, are you tapering at all, or just training through Chicago? I really like the confidence you have in your training. I want to get down there to see if we can go for a run sometime though you will need to run backwards to go at my pace. Golf on Saturdays and church on Sundays is making this difficult.

It would be great to get a run in with you but I know how hard it can be do to schedules. I would never have to run backwards to run your pace John! Your pace is a good one and just fine for me to run.

My plan is to train through Chicago, most likely with the marathon I will still put in around or just over 100 miles marathon week. I feel that I should be able to do that and still help pace Chris to that sub 3. If I feel that I need to back off a little next week I will.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:23 pm

Schuey wrote:
JohnP wrote:Martin, are you tapering at all, or just training through Chicago? I really like the confidence you have in your training. I want to get down there to see if we can go for a run sometime though you will need to run backwards to go at my pace. Golf on Saturdays and church on Sundays is making this difficult.

It would be great to get a run in with you but I know how hard it can be do to schedules. I would never have to run backwards to run your pace John! Your pace is a good one and just fine for me to run.

My plan is to train through Chicago, most likely with the marathon I will still put in around or just over 100 miles marathon week. I feel that I should be able to do that and still help pace Chris to that sub 3. If I feel that I need to back off a little next week I will.
Sooo yer taking a train through Chicago! Can I hop on that train? Uhhhh, just the one on marathon day and not the other 73.8 miles affraid
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:35 pm

So how was Hell? What legs did you run? Did you get wet? muddy? Tell all.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:54 pm

Sorry to hear about Guillen's firing. I'm not sure the right person left.
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:48 pm

Diego wrote:Sorry to hear about Guillen's firing. I'm not sure the right person left.

Well I think the right person is gone! I'm so so so happy that he is gone, so are a lot of other Sox fans. The Ozzie show got old really fast and I can't wait for his kids to follow him out of this town also.

I can see your point but here is the deal I think that Kenny has done a good job of getting players to come here and also get players Ozzie asked for. The problem is that the players weren't buying Ozzie's act anymore and it just got old around here.

Plus Ozzie is only in it for the money these days. Just another typical day for Chicago baseball or sports in general around here. Maybe we can get Brad Pitt to come in and take over the team.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:03 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:So how was Hell? What legs did you run? Did you get wet? muddy? Tell all.

Hell was awesome Michele, I ran the new section Poto 6 miles, Stripper Pole 5 miles and then finished up with a new version of Vertigo 7 miles.

So I didn't get wet and I didn't get muddy but was left to run some of the toughest legs for our team. I did get a little muddy due to the rain and the off trail running that I had to do. I also got lots of scratches on my legs and arms from the branches and climbing over stuff on the off trail parts.

Also due to someone pulling flags off on the last section there was a little confusion of the course so my last leg ended up being 7.50 rather then the 7 miles. The only good thing was I was able to hold off Greg C and help our team keep a small lead over Bobby's team. Also on that leg I had a young kid in his early 20's catch up to me towards the end. He asked to pass me on one of the off trail sections so I let him but I tucked behind him.

When we hit the dirt road we both picked it up to a 5:55 pace and he turned around and was surprised that my old ass was still there. I just smiled at him and said is that all you got? We ended up racing all the way to the tag off. We had to hit some off trail to finish the leg. Coming into the tag off, everyone thought it was Greg and I racing but it wasn't. Sure was fun as hell, I really would love to go back and run it again next year.

Since I was only filling in for Dave this past year, if I don't get on a team again I will run the 50 mile ultra, actually there is a good chance I will be going down to Florida either in Feb or March to run the 50 mile ultra DWD.

I would like to knock off all 4 of them, Florida, Indiana, Devil's Lake, Wisconsin and then finish the cycle with Hell, Michigan.

I would have to go back and look at everything but I do believe all three legs were at a sub 7 pace for me on the day. So I got in some really kick ass miles on the trails this past weekend.

It is tough to say what leg I liked the best because they were all fun and exciting. I would have to say the last leg was tough due to the fact of already running two times and having the breaks in between legs. This was the first time I have ever ran a relay race and it sure was a blast and a lot of fun.

Hanging out with Tom was a blast to see Lauren again for the first time since CDC 08 was awesome she is such a great person. I also had the pleasure to meet two other new people that ran with us Bitty and Stephen both from Indy and they both just started running and they both were just great and fun to get to know. They both had huge hearts and so much drive to do well but at the same time have fun.

I could go on and on about how much of a blast the day was and I have it all to thank to Dave-O not being able to make it. So thanks Dave for not being able to make it this year.

And for the record Dave yes we did beat Bobby's team! And we did it just for you kid!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:40 pm

Yeah, we got beat. But it was well worth the loss to be able to go from exchange to exchange with you guys, get out, stand around and shoot the $hit, and have good laughs, stories, and competition for the entire day.

It was great to have you out there, and I know there is a lot of talk of having many other former teams coming back for next year. I'm sure you'll find a team to be a part of if you're interested. Though the 50 mile ultra would be quite a run, too!
Bob
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:58 pm

Bob wrote:Yeah, we got beat. But it was well worth the loss to be able to go from exchange to exchange with you guys, get out, stand around and shoot the $hit, and have good laughs, stories, and competition for the entire day.

It was great to have you out there, and I know there is a lot of talk of having many other former teams coming back for next year. I'm sure you'll find a team to be a part of if you're interested. Though the 50 mile ultra would be quite a run, too!

Bob it was great to hangout with you all day and later that evening. It has been to long since we had the chance to do that, so we have to stop making a habit of not getting together.

I was serious about us getting together this winter to do some runs for Boston training. I'm so excited for you and it you are going to just love running Boston buddy. Thanks for such a great a time a lot of good memories of this past weekend.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:46 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:Note to self: smoke a lot of dope, move to Chico for a few years, and somewhere along the way develop the positive attitude that Schuey seems to always have. Wish I felt this confident about everything!

Yeah I guess that is one way to get it done Smile , I don't know were I developed my positive attitude but some where along the way I did.

Julie wrote:So the plan for Chicago is you are going to pace Chris and then your JFK 50 miler is your all-out goal race? If we lived closer we'd be there cheering for you all but unfortunately I think it's an 11 hr drive just to Chicago.

Julie that was so sweet of you and it would have been great to have you out there! Hopefully one of these days we will cross paths with you at a race.

fostever wrote:
Schuey wrote:

Sooo yer taking a train through Chicago! Can I hop on that train? Uhhhh, just the one on marathon day and not the other 73.8 miles affraid

Yep taking a train thought Chicago, MIGHT IS WELL MIGHT IS WELL! You are always welcome to hop on the marathon train with us!

By the way I got your message the other day at work I was just a little busy. I have to recharge my phone but I will give you a call tomorrow. What time is a good time to call?
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:38 pm

Hey Schuey, good luck this weekend.

On the ugly business side of things, I just saw that Congress is seriously considering taxing all IRA/401/403b/HSA accounts, etc. e.g. pre-tax contributions, pretty much shifting the tax burden from later to now. That sounds like a recipe for disaster. If something like that happens, do you buy commodity options and look for another country with nice running trails until the revolution subsides?Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 12 235134252
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:01 pm

Diego wrote:Hey Schuey, good luck this weekend.

On the ugly business side of things, I just saw that Congress is seriously considering taxing all IRA/401/403b/HSA accounts, etc. e.g. pre-tax contributions, pretty much shifting the tax burden from later to now. That sounds like a recipe for disaster. If something like that happens, do you buy commodity options and look for another country with nice running trails until the revolution subsides?Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 12 235134252

Socialism vs capitalism, one would think Jerry knows better, but the truth is Jerry is seriously confused. scratch
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:06 pm

Yeah I'm not a big fan of that idea, actually to tell you the truth I have never been a big fan of big brother telling people what they can or can't do with there own money. Especially when it comes a persons retirement money. The problem today is that government has run things into the ground so bad that they are looking for anyway to get money, it truly truly is a sad thing. Good thing I don't run my budget here at home like politician do!!

As for options I have always been a big big fan of options. Everything that I do with my own money is dealt in the option market and better yet it is all spreads! No sense to be naked in the market when you can spread and allow someone else to assume the risk.

I do like the idea of going some where there are nice trails, but I don't mind be apart of the revolution. If things are every going to get better we all need to stand up for what is right and make it happen for us. History is repeating itself right now, there are a lot of things that look like the 30's all over again, especially overseas in Europe. No doubt that it is crazy times right now buddy but like a marathon we just have to weather the storm. Smile
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Jerry wrote:

Socialism vs capitalism, one would think Jerry knows better, but the truth is Jerry is seriously confused. scratch

Yeah I can see how you could be confused these days with some of the people that are running our country Jerry!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:24 pm

Schuey wrote:
Jerry wrote:

Yeah I can see how you could be confused these days with some of the people that are running our country Jerry!

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 12 424776184 things used to be better.....
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next