365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felt a Hundred Different Demons

+37
Lauren
healdgator
Diego
T Miller
Glenn
Michael Enright
Dave P
Mrs. Schuey
fostever
jon c
JohnP
Michele "1L" Keane
Nick Morris
Joel H
Seth Harrison
ChasMcG
KBFitz
Penelope
mul21
John Kilpatrick
Jeff F
Matt W
Kenny B.
Dave-O
Jerry
jdholland
Julie
Jim Lentz
Natalie
Chris M
Peg Coover
Alex Kubacki
Mark B
Bob
GregC
Mike MacLellan
Schuey
41 posters

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 7 Empty Terrapin 5k

Post  Schuey Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:52 am

Well I don't run the 5k distance very much and haven't ever trained for it. So nothing changed with doing the Terrapin 5k yesterday. My whole plan for the 5k was to use it as a hard tempo run. Also it would be the first time running as a 40 year old.

I will write more about the race and the evening later but the bottom line is this:

1. They put me in the wrong AG 35-39. They had me listed as 36 rather then 40.

2. I ran a PR in somewhat of warm temps and humidity (nothing like Dave-O ran in thought)

3. Official time was 18:02 avg. pave 5:49

4. If I was 36 I would have placed 2nd in AG, but since I'm 40 I finished 1st in AG by 2 seconds. So I grabbed my first AG Win in my first race at 40 years old, great way to start.

I have contacted RAM racing to update my age.

Great event and lots and lots of fun last night. Great to see Pete also!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 7 Empty Re: Felt a Hundred Different Demons

Post  fostever Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:04 pm

Nice way to start your introduction into masters running! Did you eat the brownies afterwards? I saw something on the race website about non-narcotic "kind" brownies or sum tin like dat! Anyway, good race and AG win, my friend! Those terrapin stoners must have been seeing fuzzy math when they recorded your registration!
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 7 Empty Re: Felt a Hundred Different Demons

Post  Jim Lentz Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:13 pm

Congrats on the AG win!
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:37 am

Awesome Job on the AG and PR. tremendous especially in the summer months!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:46 am

Should've easily picked up 7 seconds to beat Jerry's PR, but you chose not to or didn't know better? lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:57 pm

Thumbs up, Schuey. Way to break into your new AG.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:07 pm

Woohoo! Congrats on an excellent time and the AG win!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:09 pm

Schuey wrote:Well I don't run the 5k distance very much and haven't ever trained for it. So nothing changed with doing the Terrapin 5k yesterday. My whole plan for the 5k was to use it as a hard tempo run. Also it would be the first time running as a 40 year old.

Nice race...it just goes to show what type of shape you are currently in...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:25 pm

Congrats on such a successful race in your inaugural run in the new AG Schuey!
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:48 am

Congrats on the AG and PR. Imagine what you would have run if you did any speed work. You may have hit 40 but you're getting faster and faster.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:07 am

Awesome time! That is good news to see times still falling, both in distance and shorter races. Congrats on the AG win!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:15 am

Congrats on your race. It's nice to do that when you're not necessarily intending to do so. As was mentioned earlier, it shows that your fitness is improving. Your weekly mileage is inspiring also.
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:09 pm

Congrats on that AG win Martin! Very Happy
Dave P
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Thanks for all the posts. Lisa and I are out at Picnkney again this weekend. I put in another 22 plus on the trails today. I have a lot to write up about these runs when we get home. Just wanted to give a quick little update. I love love this trail running much different from running on the roads!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:36 pm

Schuey wrote:Thanks for all the posts. Lisa and I are out at Picnkney again this weekend. I put in another 22 plus on the trails today. I have a lot to write up about these runs when we get home. Just wanted to give a quick little update. I love love this trail running much different from running on the roads!

Awesome!! I can't wait to read about it...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:07 pm

sounds great! I have enough with tree branches fallen across the sidewalks from t-storms, I don't know if I'm trail-ready. Seriously good for you for continuing to run those long runs every weekend.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:23 am

Hmmmmm, would you rather be 36 again, or have an AG win???

Nice job!
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:54 am

So baby, when are you going to post how awesome you did on the trails this weekend??
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:47 pm

Hey Martin - Not sure if you have heard of this series or not, but I figured that I would let you know about it. I ran the HM a couple years back and it is a pretty decent course. It says that it is Madison, but it is actually about 45 minutes to an hour to the south and east of Madison. Which means it is closer to you then you would think.

http://www2.thenorthface.com/endurancechallenge/races/2011/wi/index.html
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:05 pm

Nick Morris wrote:Hey Martin - Not sure if you have heard of this series or not, but I figured that I would let you know about it. I ran the HM a couple years back and it is a pretty decent course. It says that it is Madison, but it is actually about 45 minutes to an hour to the south and east of Madison. Which means it is closer to you then you would think.

http://www2.thenorthface.com/endurancechallenge/races/2011/wi/index.html

Yes I have heard about it and want to do it. I wanted to do it this year but it falls on the same weekend that we are meeting up with Chris and Dave in Philly for the Philly half.

To be honest I really didn't think I would fall in love with trail running like I have. I'm really at a crossroad now with my running but at a very very very good one!

I know I have to blog about my trail running from this past weekend and I'm getting to it. With that being said I'm pretty sure that I will continue to run Chicago and Boston ever year but I have the feeling that I will be making a jump to doing a lot more trail events and as we all know by now more Ultra events.

With that being said there are still a lot of road races I want to do and i'm hoping that those events will be used to be able to just get the miles in for my training for Ultra's and trail races.
There is no doubt that I have found a new love for running and that new love is being on the trails! It has been the most incredible feeling being out in nature and on a trial that "here I'm am, I'm going to challenge and you are going to find out what you are made of!"

Now I know I haven't ran an Ultra yet but I really have a feeling that I'm going to love it since most of the ultra's I plan to run are on trails. I also know that trail running is not for everyone and we all have different goals and focus on our running but for me, "I truly feel at home."

Ok I will save more of my thoughts about trail running to come in my next few blog post.

Again thanks for the post Nick, sorry to go on a sidetrack from your post.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:27 pm

How wonderful a new found love for running! Trails can do that to you. I don't have many cool trails by me but one is decent with 5 mile loop I do enjoy it. However, there are some about 40 to 75min from house that start to get really good and technical but yet to make it there. Time just is not on my side right now. I move through it way to fast. If only I can slow myself down I think I can reverse it. I am getting there I think. Matter of fact when I started writing this post is was 2:39 it is now 2:27. Amazing. bounce
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:30 pm

I'm so glad to read about your new found love of trail running Schuey. As you know, for years, I've done the great majority of my running on trails, much of it in a beautiful preserve about 30 miles north of Manhattan. It's become so commonplace for me that, as much as I try not to, I sometimes take for granted how beautiful it is to run where there are no streets, no cars, no buildings, and very often no people! Your post is a great reminder for me and I look forward to reading more about your trail running.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:24 pm

I was wondering if you'd just disappeared into the wild, Schuey. Glad to see you're still at least semi-connected to the rest of us Wink

Funny Nick should post about NF... I personally think you should do the one in SF in December. Just sayin'...
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:38 pm

Alright before I get to posting about my running of late and my new found love and enjoyment for it I want to acknowledge everyone that has posted to my blog of late.

fostever wrote:Nice way to start your introduction into masters running! Did you eat the brownies afterwards? I saw something on the race website about non-narcotic "kind" brownies or sum tin like dat! Anyway, good race and AG win, my friend! Those terrapin stoners must have been seeing fuzzy math when they recorded your registration!

Thanks Steve you know if they had the brownies I would had to have at least one. Very Happy

Jim Lentz wrote:Congrats on the AG win!

Kenny B. wrote:Awesome Job on the AG and PR. tremendous especially in the summer months!

Thanks Jim and Kenny. Great way to enter a new age group all though it was great to get the win, I'm more happy that I enjoyed the run.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:41 pm

Jerry wrote:Should've easily picked up 7 seconds to beat Jerry's PR, but you chose not to or didn't know better? lol!

It's ok Jerry you can be faster then me, really I don't mind.

Mike MacLellan wrote:Thumbs up, Schuey. Way to break into your new AG.

Thanks Mike

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Woohoo! Congrats on an excellent time and the AG win!

Thanks Michele, I think your past race performances rubbed off on me.

Nick Morris wrote:
Schuey wrote:Well I don't run the 5k distance very much and haven't ever trained for it. So nothing changed with doing the Terrapin 5k yesterday. My whole plan for the 5k was to use it as a hard tempo run. Also it would be the first time running as a 40 year old.

Nice race...it just goes to show what type of shape you are currently in...

Yep and that is what is more important Nick. Always good to get a check on how fit as far as running goes.

Seth Harrison wrote:Congrats on such a successful race in your inaugural run in the new AG Schuey!

Thanks Seth
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next