365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Think I'll Go To Boston...

+8
Julie
Tom H
Mark B
Nick Morris
ounce
nkrichards
Michele "1L" Keane
Mike MacLellan
12 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

2 - I Think I'll Go To Boston... - Page 4 Empty Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:26 pm

Outside two weeknight sin a row!! 34 with a windchill of 30 when I finally got outside. It was comfortably cold, if that is an actual thing. 4 easy miles was the result. Week 3 is almost done Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

2 - I Think I'll Go To Boston... - Page 4 Empty Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Mark B Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:14 pm

Nick Morris wrote:Outside two weeknight sin a row!!  34 with a windchill of 30 when I finally got outside.  It was comfortably cold, if that is an actual thing.  4 easy miles was the result.  Week 3 is almost done Smile

Yes, it's a thing. Well done!
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:05 pm

Scheduled off day today, as I rest up for my biggest long run weekend since October. I was able replenish my training nutrition bowl for the week. (See below)

2 - I Think I'll Go To Boston... - Page 4 Image14
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:19 am

Shame that the bananas were not arranged differently.  Twisted Evil
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:50 am

ounce wrote:Shame that the bananas were not arranged differently.  Twisted Evil

Rolling Eyes
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:11 pm

Mmm. Are those avocados I see? You need more of them. Smile
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:18 pm

Mark B wrote:Mmm. Are those avocados I see? You need more of them. Smile

There are four more that I couldn't fit in the bowl just chilling on the counter Wink
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:10 pm

A good 8 miles this morning along one of my hillier routes. My plan is to run a lot of my long runs along my hillier routes. I want to make sure that I condition my legs for the Newton Hills. For my normal training programs I only run my hillier routes a few times and do some hill repeats to get me ready for the pounding that a marathon gives me. I still plan to add in some hill repeats in the mornings once I get closer to race day. I am thinking toward the end of March/ beginning of April.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:16 pm

A 14 miler this morning, the farthest I have ran since October. 40 degrees outside, as the winter thaw continues. I ran along my hilliest route. This route has 15 distinct hills along it and 5 of them are major grades that last for at least a 1/4 mile, sometimes more. I ran it pretty easily, which makes me feel real good about where I am this early in the training cycle. I am also down another 2lbs this week. The third week that I have dropped 2lbs, to put me at a total 6lbs for the training cycle. I know that I will not keep that pace up, but it is good to shed some weight early.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:53 am

I booked my hotel rooms for after the race (April 21-24) yesterday morning. I am all set from a hotel and transportation aspect.  Now it's time to focus on what to do and see.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:15 pm

Monday is recovery day. 3 miles on the treadmill, as I found it's the easiest way for me to run recovery slow. After the mileage, I did weight training and core work. First day of Week 4 complete.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:53 am

Rest day today.  I broke down and purchased the Garmin Forerunner 920XT last night.  I ended up getting $45 off, so it made it a little better.  It will be a huge upgrade over my 305.  YAY!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:14 pm

A little update on my fundraising efforts.  So far I have raised $4,393, which puts me at 40% of the goal that I had submitted on my application.  Up to this point things have been going pretty well.  Thanks to everyone that has helped out!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:57 pm

Another clipper came through early this morning, but we lucky only received a very light dusting. Then with the temps getting up to just above freezing (33), the sidewalks cleared off rather nicely. The run felt really good, and with the better footing, I actually ran :14 seconds faster than last Wednesday. It's nice to see progression.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:56 pm

This weekend's Nor'easter came through here this morning and dropped a couple inches of rain and the temp dropped from 55 to 44.  I think Amarillo (Panhandle part) received 11 inches of snow, which the girl on CBS said was more snow than Boston and New York has had this winter, combined.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:58 pm

ounce wrote:This weekend's Nor'easter came through here this morning and dropped a couple inches of rain and the temp dropped from 55 to 44.  I think Amarillo (Panhandle part) received 11 inches of snow, which the girl on CBS said was more snow than Boston and New York has had this winter, combined.
was in Amarillo for NY Eve.  Had 3" then.  Cold as hell too.  Made Michigan look attractive.  Very Happy
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:34 pm

mountandog wrote:
ounce wrote:This weekend's Nor'easter came through here this morning and dropped a couple inches of rain and the temp dropped from 55 to 44.  I think Amarillo (Panhandle part) received 11 inches of snow, which the girl on CBS said was more snow than Boston and New York has had this winter, combined.
was in Amarillo for NY Eve.  Had 3" then.  Cold as hell too.  Made Michigan look attractive.  Very Happy

I am NOT jealous!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:57 pm

I did some weight training and core work prior to heading home to find my new Garmin 920XT sitting on my front porch. I quickly did some set up of the watch and got it run ready. It came with the battery at 78%, so I had no need to charge it. I grabbed my 305, as well, and headed out the door for my 6 mile run. I wanted to take Ounce's advice and compare the two. The results?? Both watches were pretty consistent with each other. The overall distance was exactly the same and the overall pace was exactly the same. The biggest difference that I noticed is the pace was different when going up or downhill. My 305 had a faster pace than my 920, but they both would end up with relatively the same pace by the end of the mile/lap. Which one is more accurate? I would put my money on the 920 as it uses a new GLONASS technology that is highly accurate. It's only one run, but I already enjoy the new watch.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:47 am

Nick Morris wrote:I did some weight training and core work prior to heading home to find my new Garmin 920XT sitting on my front porch.  I quickly did some set up of the watch and got it run ready.  It came with the battery at 78%, so I had no need to charge it.  I grabbed my 305, as well, and headed out the door for my 6 mile run.  I wanted to take Ounce's advice and compare the two.  The results??  Both watches were pretty consistent with each other.  The overall distance was exactly the same and the overall pace was exactly the same.  The biggest difference that I noticed is the pace was different when going up or downhill.  My 305 had a faster pace than my 920, but they both would end up with relatively the same pace by the end of the mile/lap.  Which one is more accurate?  I would put my money on the 920 as it uses a new GLONASS technology that is highly accurate.  It's only one run, but I already enjoy the new watch.

Science!

Though I'm a little saddened to think that my 305 is off and I'm actually going uphill even slower than I'd thought... Suspect
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:47 am

Mark B wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:I did some weight training and core work prior to heading home to find my new Garmin 920XT sitting on my front porch.  I quickly did some set up of the watch and got it run ready.  It came with the battery at 78%, so I had no need to charge it.  I grabbed my 305, as well, and headed out the door for my 6 mile run.  I wanted to take Ounce's advice and compare the two.  The results??  Both watches were pretty consistent with each other.  The overall distance was exactly the same and the overall pace was exactly the same.  The biggest difference that I noticed is the pace was different when going up or downhill.  My 305 had a faster pace than my 920, but they both would end up with relatively the same pace by the end of the mile/lap.  Which one is more accurate?  I would put my money on the 920 as it uses a new GLONASS technology that is highly accurate.  It's only one run, but I already enjoy the new watch.

Science!

Though I'm a little saddened to think that my 305 is off and I'm actually going uphill even slower than I'd thought... Suspect

Haha! But through my experiment, the pace evens back out on the flats Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:42 pm

An easy 0 miles for me today, as I have a scheduled off day. Although, my new fancy watch tells me that I have walked 0.8 miles so far today. Step back week this week, so this weekend's runs will be a little easier.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:04 pm

oooh...a new toy.  Always fun.  Sounds like training...and fundraising are both going well.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:27 pm

nkrichards wrote:oooh...a new toy.  Always fun.  Sounds like training...and fundraising are both going well.

Thanks Nancy!! Hope that all is well with you.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:32 pm

A comfortably faster 6.77 miles this morning along my hilly route. Felt good to see the pace get quicker. We are supposed to get some snow tonight after midnight into the early morning hours. I am not quite sure how much we are going to get. It could be less than inch or it could be an inch to an inch and a half. We shall see...but all I know is that I will be running my 10 miles in snow tomorrow morning.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:39 am

Faster is good. Faster on hills is better.

Keep it up!

Enjoy your snow run tomorrow! (Yes, I know. It's not a fun novelty for you. But still.)
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next