365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Think I'll Go To Boston...

+8
Julie
Tom H
Mark B
Nick Morris
ounce
nkrichards
Michele "1L" Keane
Mike MacLellan
12 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

2 - I Think I'll Go To Boston... - Page 9 Empty Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Nick Morris Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:55 pm

Yesterday was a rest day for me. Also, it was a travel day, as I flew to Detroit for the day on business. Then flew home last night. It is only a one hour flight from madison to Detroit, but the weather ended up making it interesting. Even with snow coming down yesterday morning, my flight went off on time, but there was freezing rain in Detroit when we landed, so sometime during the day they initiated a ground stoppage. This pushed back all of the afternoon/evening flights and meant that I ended up getting delayed a couple of hours. But I did make it back late last night...all is fun with business travel Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

2 - I Think I'll Go To Boston... - Page 9 Empty Re: I Think I'll Go To Boston...

Post  Nick Morris Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:43 pm

Another cold one this evening, as I headed out for my run. Another negative degree windchill, but relief in what is hopefully the spring thaw is coming after tomorrow. Just one more day of really cold weather and then upper 30s, 40s, and even 50s (yes 50s!) by the middle of next week. It will be a much anticipated change in weather. I can't wait for the white death to melt away. As for my run, I got in a good 8.35 miles. The work is getting much easier now.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:18 am

Glad most of the weather missed us completely - we had a bit of snow and rain on Tuesday, but then it warmed up and the last 2 days were in the 30s!  i agree with you in being so over the white/gray crap on the ground and I do so hope it is gone when I return on the 16th!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:01 am

Thaw! Thaw! Thaw!
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:46 am

Hopefully last night's run was the last really cold run of the season (fingers crossed). With temps at 9 degrees and a windchill of -4, things were cold until around the two mile mark. Then I was able to get the internal temp up and get blood to my extremities. I completed 6.25 miles on what is the middle of a step back week. Looking at the weather forecast, it is supposed to be in the 30s today, followed by 40s over the weekend, and 50s next week. What a relief!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:14 pm

It's a scheduled off day for me today. Step back mileage of 10 tomorrow and 12 on Sunday, will get me ready for my largest training week of the cycle, in terms of mileage. Next week's mileage will be getting all the way up to the mid to upper 50s. Speaking of 50s, I am hoping to take advantage of the warmer weather, too. In the next couple of weeks, as the snow melts, I will be adding in my hill repeats in the morning prior to going to work. As I have spoke about before, I have a fairly steep grade, 12 degrees plus at some points, that I like to do my repeats on. I not only repeat the uphills, but I repeat the downhills, as well. That means I get a quick 1 minute rest between each up and between each down. I will start out with 4 up and 4 down and will move to 5 up/5 down. Topping out at 6 up/6 down. Getting closer to April and race day!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

It's a scheduled off day for me today. Step back mileage of 10 tomorrow and 12 on Sunday, will get me ready for my largest training week of the cycle, in terms of mileage. Next week's mileage will be getting all the way up to the mid to upper 50s. Speaking of 50s, I am hoping to take advantage of the warmer weather, too. In the next couple of weeks, as the snow melts, I will be adding in my hill repeats in the morning prior to going to work. As I have spoke about before, I have a fairly steep grade, 12 degrees plus at some points, that I like to do my repeats on. I not only repeat the uphills, but I repeat the downhills, as well. That means I get a quick 1 minute rest between each up and between each down. I will start out with 4 up and 4 down and will move to 5 up/5 down. Topping out at 6 up/6 down. Getting closer to April and race day!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

It's a scheduled off day for me today.  Step back mileage of 10 tomorrow and 12 on Sunday, will get me ready for my largest training week of the cycle, in terms of mileage.  Next week's mileage will be getting all the way up to the mid to upper 50s.  Speaking of 50s, I am hoping to take advantage of the warmer weather, too.  In the next couple of weeks, as the snow melts, I will be adding in my hill repeats in the morning prior to going to work.  As I have spoke about before, I have a fairly steep grade, 12 degrees plus at some points, that I like to do my repeats on.  I not only repeat the uphills, but I repeat the downhills, as well.  That means I get a quick 1 minute rest between each up and between each down.  I will start out with 4 up and 4 down and will move to 5 up/5 down.  Topping out at 6 up/6 down.  Getting closer to April and race day!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:03 pm

It's a scheduled off day for me today. Step back mileage of 10 tomorrow and 12 on Sunday, will get me ready for my largest training week of the cycle, in terms of mileage. Next week's mileage will be getting all the way up to the mid to upper 50s. Speaking of 50s, I am hoping to take advantage of the warmer weather, too. In the next couple of weeks, as the snow melts, I will be adding in my hill repeats in the morning prior to going to work. As I have spoken about before, I have a fairly steep grade, 12 degrees plus at some points, that I like to do my repeats on. I not only repeat the uphills, but I repeat the downhills, as well. That means I get a quick 1 minute rest between each up and between each down. I will start out with 4 up and 4 down and will move to 5 up/5 down. Topping out at 6 up/6 down. Getting closer to April and race day!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:26 pm

We heard you the first time!  Geez! Twisted Evil
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:58 pm

mul21 wrote:We heard you the first time!  Geez! Twisted Evil

Holy shit!! I was getting a maintenance error when I tried to post....hmmm...looks like it posted...Five times!!

Sorry...I'll delete the duplicates
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:00 pm

Shit...I can't delete them!! Flame Flame
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:14 pm

Alright...I made it through the arctic days it felt so good to run in short sleeves on Saturday. It was 35 degrees at the start of my run and up to 42 within the hour I ran. I still went with tights, but it was definitely nice to have some warmer air. Things were pretty wet out as the snow was starting its melting process. I completed an easy, but nice, 10.13 miles.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:18 pm

Yesterday, I finished my step back week off with two loops around the University of Wisconsin Arboretum. Each lap equals 10K. The weather was similar to Saturday, but I chose to go in shorts and a long sleeve tech shirt for the first lap. Then, I changed into a short sleeved tech shirt for the second lap. The snow continues to melt and will hopefully be gone by Tuesday or Wednesday (if not sooner). The forecast for the week has us in the 50s to start the week and then 60s possible by Wednesday or Thursday. YAY!!!!

As for my run yesterday, I completed 12.56 miles.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:08 am

Four mile run yesterday after work and light weight training and core work. I kept the pace easy, as I will not have an off day until Sunday. That means eight days in a row of running. I have got to make sure that I do not overdue it on tired legs. The weather is supposed to be great this week, with 50s and 60s. It's going to be hard to contain myself Smile Total distance 4.40 miles.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:55 pm

Another 4 miler this afternoon. Once again I took it easy, just wanting to put in the work. I missed warmer weather sooooooooooo much! 4.41 miles today.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:21 pm

Glad you're going to have some decent weather to finish up your Boston training...enjoy the sunshine!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:30 pm

Nick Morris wrote:Shit...I can't delete them!! Flame Flame
did you have a scheduled day off?????   Laughing
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:08 pm

mountandog wrote:
did you have a scheduled day off?????   Laughing

Maybe...wish I had one tomorrow Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:11 pm

Guess one last thing froze on you this winter. Sounds like the thaw is finally underway. Hope that doesn't cause its own problems. Watch out for falling icicles!
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:47 pm

Mark B wrote:

Guess one last thing froze on you this winter. Sounds like the thaw is finally underway. Hope that doesn't cause its own problems. Watch out for falling icicles!

The icicles are long gone...along with the snow!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:59 pm

10 miles yesterday, on a gorgeous day for running. 57 degrees and sunny. This is the 5th day of 8 in a row. I normally do not like t do this, but I needed to bypass my off day on Friday to move up my weekend runs. All of this is done, because I am not able to run on Sunday. Oh well, I should be fine as long as I continue to take it easy. 10.21 miles was the official distance.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:06 pm

Another great day for a run today. Keeping with the easy theme, I put in an easy 6.25 miles. Legs are still feeling good, as I head into the hardest part of the week. 12 miles tomorrow...followed by 20 miles on Saturday.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:04 am

Nice work, Nick. I can start to feel the excitement building. The weather is getting better, and you've got your number and corral assignment. I'm expecting a pretty epic bout of taper madness from you this time. Very Happy
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next