365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the year...continued...

+23
fostever
jon c
Mark B
Seth Harrison
Jerry
Peg Coover
Chris M
Michele "1L" Keane
Jim Lentz
John Kilpatrick
Alex Kubacki
ChasMcG
JohnP
Paula Sue
Julie
mul21
Tom H
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Kenny B.
Mike MacLellan
Natalie
Nick Morris
27 posters

Page 7 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next

Go down

This is the year...continued... - Page 7 Empty Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:43 am

Mrs. Schuey wrote:Great job on the running, Nick! I think it's cool that you can say "nice easy run" and it's a 7:38 pace! Keep up the great work!!

Thanks!!! I am happy that I have progressed to this point. I implemented a new winter and spring program this year and I think that it is paying off. Last year my easy run paces were in the 8:15 to 8:30 range. Now I am in the 7:35 to 7:50 range. What a difference a year makes bounce bounce Very Happy bounce
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

This is the year...continued... - Page 7 Empty Re: This is the year...continued...

Post  Seth Harrison Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:02 am

Nick Morris wrote:7/13 -

9 mile mid week sorta long run. This evening I completed 9.32 miles at a 7:44 pace.

I had a little scare tonight with a little over a mile left in my run. I accidentally stepped in a hole near the edge of the sidewalk and nearly went down. Luckily, I was able to keep my balance and continue on. Things could have been bad, because I almost rolled my ankle in the process. I find myself lucky, considering that it would have been the ankle that I wrecked while in undergrad. Let's just say that the last mile I most certainly paid attention to where I was stepping. Smile Smile

Since I do almost all my running on trails, I've had that experience more times than I can count. Almost always, the worst that is leaves me with is a bit of soreness to the tendons near the ankle the next day. I'm glad that it looks like you escaped unscathed. I do seem to run looking at the ground a bit more after one of those episodes though, at least for a little while.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:50 am

that is awesome you can see that big of a leap in fitness in just a year!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:58 am

Woohoo, Nick!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:58 pm

Julie wrote:that is awesome you can see that big of a leap in fitness in just a year!

Thanks!! I am extremely happy with the way that I am running at the moment. My goal is to keep the momentum going...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:46 pm

7/15 -

Scheduled off day bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:10 pm

Nick Morris wrote:7/15 -

are those trampoline miles for cross training? Very Happy
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:14 pm

Julie wrote:

Hahaha!! Sure, why not Very Happy
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:23 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Julie wrote:

Hahaha!! Sure, why not Very Happy

Haha that is to funny good one Julie! Basketball
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:28 pm

Julie wrote:that is awesome you can see that big of a leap in fitness in just a year!
+26.2
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:57 pm

Nice gains, Nick! It's always great when the everything comes together, isn't it? cheers
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:51 pm

Mark B wrote:Nice gains, Nick! It's always great when the everything comes together, isn't it? cheers

Yes it is...but this is just the beginning!! Thanks Mark!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:54 am

Echoing the sentiments of others - Wow, great progress over the past year. Looks like your training vector is definitely what you want. Keep it up!
Tom H
Tom H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:47 am

7/16 -

9 miles at MP...

After a scheduled off day yesterday, I absoultely killed a 9 miler at MP this morning!!Very Happy I completed 9.27 miles at a 6:47 pace on a very damp and humid morning (let's just say that I perspired this morning). From the start, I knew that I was going to have a great run. The first couple of miles felt very smooth and from there on out I put it in cruise control. I finished with an average heartrate of 148, which is 80% of my max. I did not think that was too bad considering the humidity and the pace that I was putting down. We'll see how my body reacts tomorrow as I have 18 miles scheduled. It's supposed to be a scorcher tomorrow, so I'll be up and at it before sunrise. Good luck to all that have to run in the heat and humidity!! Run safe and smart Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:08 am

Nicely done Nick! Good luck getting out there early before the weather gets too nasty for the 18 tomorrow.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:12 am

Nice pace run done at 80% of max is awfully low. Assuming you have the endurance you should be able to meet that goal for sure if not surpass it. I tend to run pace runs more in the 80-85% so I think you have some cushion there on the HR.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:30 am

mul21 wrote:Nicely done Nick! Good luck getting out there early before the weather gets too nasty for the 18 tomorrow.

I plan on getting up at 4am...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:31 am

Kenny B. wrote:Nice pace run done at 80% of max is awfully low. Assuming you have the endurance you should be able to meet that goal for sure if not surpass it. I tend to run pace runs more in the 80-85% so I think you have some cushion there on the HR.

I was excited that my HR was only 148 and you are probably right that I am ahead of my goals right now, but my plan is to just meet my goals this year and may try to stretch next year...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:37 am

Nick Morris wrote:
mul21 wrote:Nicely done Nick! Good luck getting out there early before the weather gets too nasty for the 18 tomorrow.

Good luck with this Smile
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:29 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

The 18 miles or the 4am?? Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Michele "1L" Keane wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

The 18 miles or the 4am?? Smile

Probably both.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:47 pm

Nick Morris wrote:7/16 -

9 miles at MP...

After a scheduled off day yesterday, I absoultely killed a 9 miler at MP this morning!!Very Happy I completed 9.27 miles at a 6:47 pace on a very damp and humid morning (let's just say that I perspired this morning). From the start, I knew that I was going to have a great run. The first couple of miles felt very smooth and from there on out I put it in cruise control. I finished with an average heartrate of 148, which is 80% of my max. I did not think that was too bad considering the humidity and the pace that I was putting down. We'll see how my body reacts tomorrow as I have 18 miles scheduled. It's supposed to be a scorcher tomorrow, so I'll be up and at it before sunrise. Good luck to all that have to run in the heat and humidity!! Run safe and smart Smile

So MP run 9.27 @ 6:47 pace, so I'll take it that you are going for the sub 3 this fall?

You just killed that run, yeah I remember what it was like to be able to run that fast. Hope to get it back some day soon!

As for getting up at 4am good idea. I was up at 4:30 this morning and running by 5:40. It was a little tough to get going but I figure if I keep getting out that early I will adjust to it. The temps here this morning weren't that bad but it sure was muggy, at least I thought it was compared to the last 3 days.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:51 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:Nice pace run done at 80% of max is awfully low. Assuming you have the endurance you should be able to meet that goal for sure if not surpass it. I tend to run pace runs more in the 80-85% so I think you have some cushion there on the HR.

I was excited that my HR was only 148 and you are probably right that I am ahead of my goals right now, but my plan is to just meet my goals this year and may try to stretch next year...

I don't know buddy if you are running a 6:47 pace at 80% HRmax that is a great sign. I would also take it that since the 6:47 is the avg. pace you warmed up and ran actually faster then the 6:47 to avg. that. If you don't mind me asking how many miles during this run were suppose be MP miles and what paces were they done at?

I only ask cause I know that when I do pace runs at a certain pace faster then my goal MP, it gives me a good idea if I can meet my goal on race day.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Schuey wrote:

9 miles at MP...

So MP run 9.27 @ 6:47 pace, so I'll take it that you are going for the sub 3 this fall?

You just killed that run, yeah I remember what it was like to be able to run that fast. Hope to get it back some day soon!

As for getting up at 4am good idea. I was up at 4:30 this morning and running by 5:40. It was a little tough to get going but I figure if I keep getting out that early I will adjust to it. The temps here this morning weren't that bad but it sure was muggy, at least I thought it was compared to the last 3 days.

My plan is to run sub 3:05 on race day. The most important goal to me on race day is to hit a BQ time. I really don't want to try for sub 3 and then crash and burn and not accomplish my main goal.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:03 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Schuey wrote:

9 miles at MP...

My plan is to run sub 3:05 on race day. The most important goal to me on race day is to hit a BQ time. I really don't want to try for sub 3 and then crash and burn and not accomplish my main goal.

Fair enough I can relate to that. I think going in with the sub 3:05 goal is a good one but if you are feeling good in the later stages I won't shy away from trying to pick-up the pace and see how it feels. Sure today was just one run but if you ask me it looks like today might have been one of those breakthrough runs for you. Just keep that in mind buddy. Oh wait I shouldn't say that to you, you are the captain of the other team. Wink
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next