365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on the US Olympic Marathon Trials?

+14
Michele "1L" Keane
wrichman
Admin
ounce
JohnP
mountandog
Tim M
mul21
dkleeman
Mike MacLellan
Dave P
Kenny B.
Michael Mitchell
Ben Z
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Thoughts on the US Olympic Marathon Trials? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thoughts on the US Olympic Marathon Trials?

Post  fostever Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:14 pm

'cept for Abdi the odds on favorites won. Too bad for Ritz. Hope he can rebound and make the team in the 10,000 meters since he runs with pure guts!
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the US Olympic Marathon Trials? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thoughts on the US Olympic Marathon Trials?

Post  Schuey Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:16 pm

I felt the trails were ok, it seemed pretty obvoious to me that everyone seem to run pretty cautionous as if just to make the team. Heart goes out to Ritz though he would steal the last spot at the end, oh well I guess that is what it's all about at that level winners and losers. 6 won and the rest can only dream for the next 4 years.

I think it is going to be great watching Shalanne and Desi running I really feel that both of them will run different races in London and who knows possible bring home a couple of medals, but again only time will tell who will be a hero in London. "Time Loves A Hero" - Little Feat
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:25 pm

- Hall looked content to let Meb win. I don't mean that as disrespect to Meb, but Hall never seemed to dig deep to go for the win. Maybe it was tactical, maybe he wasn't having his best day. He just seemed on cruise control to me.

- Meb's PR was inspiring. As a now 30 year old who's struggled to PR in the last year, Meb reminded me that I'm far from done.

- Don't worry abour Ritzenhein. My plans to take out Abdi are already in motion. (I kid I kid). Seriously though, a total bummer for him. I hope he can shitf gears and grab a spot on the 5k or 10k team...if thats what he wants. Or perhaps the Fall is a great chance for him to grab a podim finish at Chicago or NYC, with many still recovering from London.

- Kara didn't look fit to me. She impressed the hell out of me hanging on, but you could tell by her form she was laboring. I'm glad she made the team, because that performance is far from her best.

- I think Shalane is a legit medal candidate.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Schuey wrote: "Time Loves A Hero" - Little Feat

LOVE Little Feat
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:38 pm

Heard Ryan and Abdi were praying and singing praise songs during the race, seriously.
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:42 pm

mountandog wrote:
Schuey wrote: "Time Loves A Hero" - Little Feat

LOVE Little Feat
+1 Since it's a prez election year i've got the "A Political Blues," they're the meanest blues of all don't cha know?jocolor
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Z Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:53 am

This pic sums it up.

http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2012/01/photos-2012-olympic-marathon-trials-in-houston/#2490-5

Great photo album here too as I scroll through. Check out Andrew Carlson (I think) after finishing his debut:

http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2012/01/photos-2012-olympic-marathon-trials-in-houston/#2490-20

We've all been there!
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:45 pm

Dave-O wrote:- Hall looked content to let Meb win. I don't mean that as disrespect to Meb, but Hall never seemed to dig deep to go for the win. Maybe it was tactical, maybe he wasn't having his best day. He just seemed on cruise control to me.

- Meb's PR was inspiring. As a now 30 year old who's struggled to PR in the last year, Meb reminded me that I'm far from done.

- Don't worry abour Ritzenhein. My plans to take out Abdi are already in motion. (I kid I kid). Seriously though, a total bummer for him. I hope he can shitf gears and grab a spot on the 5k or 10k team...if thats what he wants. Or perhaps the Fall is a great chance for him to grab a podim finish at Chicago or NYC, with many still recovering from London.

- Kara didn't look fit to me. She impressed the hell out of me hanging on, but you could tell by her form she was laboring. I'm glad she made the team, because that performance is far from her best.

- I think Shalane is a legit medal candidate.

+1...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2