365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over there

+11
Dave Bussard
ChasMcG
Dave-O
mul21
healdgator
Michele "1L" Keane
Jeff F
Admin
Nick Morris
Kenny B.
Peg Coover
15 posters

Go down

Over there Empty Over there

Post  Peg Coover Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:08 pm

There was an interesting post on the old TP forums a couple days ago about "where did everyone go?"
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Over there Empty Re: Over there

Post  Kenny B. Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Peg Coover wrote:There was an interesting post on the old TP forums a couple days ago about "where did everyone go?"

They went to Jason's Furniture in Neptune City! (those from NJ know what I am talking about)
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:27 pm

Peg Coover wrote:There was an interesting post on the old TP forums a couple days ago about "where did everyone go?"

Just curious...What were the responses??
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:49 pm

Nick Morris wrote:

One response... from Martin VW:

"You aren't wrong. Everyone you know is mostly gone. They're not coming back, even if the forum were to change.

There's a reason I've resurrected the old Eldridge Cleaver quote from the 60's in my signature line. What if everybody only lurked? We wouldn't have a Forum.

Contribute to the New Forum. Write a Race Report. Ask thoughtful questions. Hell, ask dumb quesitons. Over there Msp_biggrin Contribute your own thoughts and experiences. Start a blog. Support others' blogs.

Personally, I like the new forum better. It's easier to keep up, and I feel as if I'm having more of an impact personally as new people come through looking for helpful suggestions. And there hasn't been a single pi**ing contest in months. I don't miss that."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:22 am

Mr MattM wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

"You aren't wrong. Everyone you know is mostly gone. They're not coming back, even if the forum were to change.

There's a reason I've resurrected the old Eldridge Cleaver quote from the 60's in my signature line. What if everybody only lurked? We wouldn't have a Forum.

Contribute to the New Forum. Write a Race Report. Ask thoughtful questions. Hell, ask dumb quesitons. Over there Msp_biggrin Contribute your own thoughts and experiences. Start a blog. Support others' blogs.

Personally, I like the new forum better. It's easier to keep up, and I feel as if I'm having more of an impact personally as new people come through looking for helpful suggestions. And there hasn't been a single pi**ing contest in months. I don't miss that."

Hmmm...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff F Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:01 am

Nick Morris wrote:
Mr MattM wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

Hmmm...

I guess Martin doesn't like a little healthy debate...
Jeff F
Jeff F
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:08 pm

Interesting response from him...................
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:25 pm

What the hell? Who doesn't love a good pissing contest? It's why Al Gore invented the internet.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:34 pm

Yeah, he's just gone a little of the deep end on the holier than thou stuff for my taste.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:32 pm

Translation of Hal's post: Screw the regular contributors with 15,000 posts! I cater to the new, paying customers!

(And just so we're clear, I'm fine with that decision. Nothing wrong with him wanting to make money. It was clear though that it wasn't for us anymore.)
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:32 pm

healdgator wrote:What the hell? Who doesn't love a good pissing contest? It's why Al Gore invented the internet.

Look, clearly the ONLY acceptable strategy is to draft Vick in the firs....(inserts broken hand into concussed head).
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:42 pm

Dave-O wrote:
healdgator wrote:What the hell? Who doesn't love a good pissing contest? It's why Al Gore invented the internet.

Look, clearly the ONLY acceptable strategy is to draft Vick in the firs....(inserts broken hand into concussed head).

My computer screen was very nearly quite unhappy with you as it was just about wearing some diet Dew!
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Dave-O wrote:Translation of Hal's post: Screw the regular contributors with 15,000 posts! I cater to the new, paying customers!

(And just so we're clear, I'm fine with that decision. Nothing wrong with him wanting to make money. It was clear though that it wasn't for us anymore.)

I totally agree...When he stopped caring about the normal poster and more on making a $, that is when I lost a lot of interest.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:49 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Dave-O wrote:Translation of Hal's post: Screw the regular contributors with 15,000 posts! I cater to the new, paying customers!

I totally agree...When he stopped caring about the normal poster and more on making a $, that is when I lost a lot of interest.

I got really frustrated when we regulars were experiencing slowness and it was just blown off as being our connection or browser...seriously?
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:15 am

"and I feel as if I'm having more of an impact personally as new people come through looking for helpful suggestions."

I think Martin is happy to be on top there. He's the new Dave-O. He wants everyone to worship him and come to him for advice. He wants everyone to love him as they love Dave. But you can't be someone you're not.

So who is he?

OOOOOOO we should do a Nick Morris Riddle Me This Post!!!!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Bussard Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:45 am

Well I think we need to have a pissing contest! Who wants to go first?
Dave Bussard
Dave Bussard
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:33 am

Dave Bussard wrote:Well I think we need to have a pissing contest! Who wants to go first?

I'll go first.

Jerry acts like a girl. Whining about his weight in that he can't lose any weight! I mean, there's not enough juice to squeeze out of that lemon.

And, by the way, I have it on good authority that he's a REDNECK!Over there 1078438882
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:34 am

Over there Peeing10
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:58 am

ChasMcG wrote:

So who is he?

Chairman Mao. lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:22 am

Dave-O wrote:

that's nothing. I'm 0-3 and trending downward.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:16 pm

Nick Morris wrote:

Over there Peeing10

lol! awesome emoticon!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:13 pm

Jerry wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:

So who is he?

Chairman Mao. lol!
Well my telephone was ringing
And they told me it was Chairman Mao
Well my telephone was ringing
And they told me it was Chairman Mao
You can tell him anything
'Cause I just don't wanna talk to him now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkVijd9g_Hk
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:07 pm

Wow, I hadn't seen Hal's post until just now. Talk about blaming everyone but yourself. And I really thought everybody was pretty patient for the most part. It just doesn't take that long to fix glitches like they had (or to prevent them by having a beta test). If anybody was rude, it was Hal for shunning those who regularly contributed to his site and in turn him making money.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:59 pm

I wasn't there that much, but my impression is that the software issues were a good reason (or final straw) to leave a board that was led by a guy who made up for his heavy handedness with condescension. Or maybe that's just how I felt about it.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum