365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hal's 4th Edition Review, I see lots of you!

+4
dot520
Jim Lentz
Julie
fostever
8 posters

Go down

Hal's 4th Edition Review, I see lots of you! Empty Hal's 4th Edition Review, I see lots of you!

Post  fostever Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:51 pm

OK, so I've agreed to do a review for Hal's upcoming release of "Marathon the Ultimate Training Guide," on Amazon. Just letting you know there are lots of quotes and input from his blog surveys. If this were "Romper Room," I would look through the looking glass or whatever it was (I always thought it was a tennis racket, cheap prop) and say, "I see: Seth and Peg and Dave and Lisa and Michael and Randy and Jim and Michele and Carleen. If you don't understand the Romper Room reference you are too young or were out of the syndicated viewing area.clown
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Hal's 4th Edition Review, I see lots of you! Empty Re: Hal's 4th Edition Review, I see lots of you!

Post  Julie Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:02 pm

I'm in there too, about pacing. My copy is in the car, not getting much reviewing done on marathon weekend ;-) It is fun seeing so many familiar names!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Hal's 4th Edition Review, I see lots of you! Empty Re: Hal's 4th Edition Review, I see lots of you!

Post  fostever Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:08 pm

Julie wrote:I'm in there too, about pacing. My copy is in the car, not getting much reviewing done on marathon weekend ;-) It is fun seeing so many familiar names!
Oh yeah, and Julie and me! Kinda like romper room, every week I'd wait to see my name announced and then stand in wonder and awe as to how she knew I was watching!
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:09 pm

My husband thought it was cool I was in it and I'm showing it to my parents next wkend. I gotta take advantage of what little fame I get. Cool
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:17 pm

Here's a Romper Room link in case I missed anybody else having fun at play today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuU2HcI1SgM&feature=related That magic mirror was kinda phychedelic doncha know!
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:35 pm

Am I in it? Should I get it?
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:13 pm

Romper Room??? Oh my gosh! She never saw me because my name wasn't popular back then....sheesh, watched probably every episode during the early 1960's and still....never seeing Dorothy. There was a show with Hobo Kelly and she would see kids too, but she would always tag on something...."I see Matt...oh, there's a present waiting for you.' Maybe that was a birthday club. Oh, well. Didn't see me either.

Sorry for the semi-hijack!
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:39 pm

I remember Romper Room.

Am I in the new edition? I might need to go get it!
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:31 am

Natalie wrote:I remember Romper Room.

I see you've let your hair go long Natalie...
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Seth Harrison wrote:
Natalie wrote:I remember Romper Room.

I see you've let your hair go long Natalie...

And other, um, changes, too!

On my quote, he asked me if he could use the specific quote I seemed to have posted. Since I don't put my name as the screen name, he asked for my real name, occupation and where I lived.

Maybe we should have a signing party at a marathon where we get together in the future.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:56 am

IS MY NAME REALLY SPELLED "STUBBE!!!!"

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:39 pm

I looked up the title on Amazon but don't see how to post a review yet. If anyone has insights, let me know.

http://www.amazon.com/Marathon-Ultimate-Training-Programs-Marathons/dp/1609612248/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1316730787&sr=1-1
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down