365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yikes...it even happens to celebrities!

+7
Ken Mello
ounce
Julie
Jerry
GregC
JohnP
Mrs. Schuey
11 posters

Go down

Yikes...it even happens to celebrities! Empty Yikes...it even happens to celebrities!

Post  Mrs. Schuey Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:44 am

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/reese-witherspoon-hit-by-car-while-jogging-201189
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Yikes...it even happens to celebrities! Empty Re: Yikes...it even happens to celebrities!

Post  JohnP Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:29 am

To be honest, I am usually more concerned about my safety while running when I see pretty elderly drivers than I am those who are texting. Response time is much slower.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Yikes...it even happens to celebrities! Empty Re: Yikes...it even happens to celebrities!

Post  GregC Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:42 am

JohnP wrote:To be honest, I am usually more concerned about my safety while running when I see pretty elderly drivers

The ugly ones scare me, but to each his own.
GregC
GregC
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:45 am

If I don't win the 28million lottery this Friday, I am going to buy some life insurance. No
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:03 pm

Jerry wrote:If I don't win the 28million lottery this Friday, I am going to buy some life insurance. No

If you don't have life insurance please get some. Term insurance can be pretty cheap and it's really not fair to your family to leave them without it.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:05 pm

So it wasn't Ryan with an old lady's wig on his head. Suspect
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:13 pm

Julie wrote:
Jerry wrote:If I don't win the 28million lottery this Friday, I am going to buy some life insurance. No

If you don't have life insurance please get some. Term insurance can be pretty cheap and it's really not fair to your family to leave them without it.

Believe me, money is not a problem, I am the problem. lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:15 pm

Jerry wrote:
Julie wrote:

Okie dokie. Well, I've seen 40 yr olds who have had strokes and men about that age dying from heart attacks and cancer, and all can come up pretty quickly so I hope you are joking.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:23 pm

Julie wrote:
Jerry wrote:
Julie wrote:

Okie dokie. Well, I've seen 40 yr olds who have had strokes and men about that age dying from heart attacks and cancer, and all can come up pretty quickly so I hope you are joking.

Partly joking.

Life insurance doesn't do any good unless one is the primary money maker. In my case, my wife makes more money and she doesn't run. geek

Accident insurance, probably expensive, works better if I get hit, but don't die. However, Texas just increases the max speed limit to 85. One hit, one kill, guaranteed. lol!

Joking aside, I do get very cautious on the road. Luckily where I run, it is not heavy in traffic.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:30 pm

I see...secondary money maker probably does want some $, though. I don't make as much as my husband but if I die he needs to pay for childcare for our little girl and other expenses would go up, too. But not to turn this into an insurance thread. I'm glad you are careful.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Mello Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Jerry wrote: However, Texas just increases the max speed limit to 85. One hit, one kill, guaranteed.

Are you running on Interstate 10!? Because thats the only place its increasing to 85, and only west of Junction and out to El Paso.

Jerry is nuts.... Running
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:59 pm

No one mentioned that she was wearing headphones tongue
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:02 am

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:No one mentioned that she was wearing headphones tongue

+1
Dave P
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:44 am

There are some celebrities that I wish would get hit by a car...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:41 pm

Jerry, please get life insurance. And disability insurance. No, I don't sell insurance. Your wife should have those things too.
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum