365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do your non-runner family members know your PR?

+34
Ed
carleenp
mountandog
T Miller
Natalie
Jack_Scaff
Chris Coleman
Pete B
Alex Kubacki
ChasMcG
John Kilpatrick
Nick Morris
Mark B
Penelope
Stephanie
charles
dot520
Kevin L
Michele "1L" Keane
Michael Mitchell
Joel H
mul21
Diego
Bob
Tim M
Kenny B.
Schuey
Julie
JohnP
Dave-O
Chris M
Don S
Mike MacLellan
Jerry
38 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Do your non-runner family members know your PR?

Do your non-runner family members know your PR? - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%Do your non-runner family members know your PR? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]
Do your non-runner family members know your PR? - Page 3 Vote_lcap87%Do your non-runner family members know your PR? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 87% 
[ 27 ]

Total Votes : 31

Do your non-runner family members know your PR? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do your non-runner family members know your PR?

Post  Liz R Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:24 pm

My mom knows. Nobody else pays attention..

Liz R
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Do your non-runner family members know your PR? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do your non-runner family members know your PR?

Post  healdgator Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:27 pm

Dave-O wrote:My parents, Britt and close friends know low 2:30's, and definitely know that I'm still shy of the 1:09 and 2:29 benchmarks.

My mom does have a propensity to overestimate my speed though. When I was a senior in high school and being recruited to play in college, she told a group of her friends that my 40 yard time was 4.2. She swore to it. They guys in the group familiar with 40 times thought that a 6'2" WR with a 40 time of 4.2 would be getting looks from the major D-1 schools, which I wasn't. Eh, she was only .6 seconds off....4.2, 4.8, no big difference, right?

Then last week she bet the Doc she works for - an avid athlete - that my racing shoes were less than an ounce. She lost.

This is hysterical.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:43 pm

This, by far, has got to be the funniest thread to date. Thanks, Jerry!Very Happy
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:44 pm

dot520 wrote:This, by far, has got to be the funniest thread to date. Thanks, Jerry!Very Happy

Thanks Dot. I will see if I can beat my PR. lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:28 pm

Dave-O wrote:My parents, Britt and close friends know low 2:30's, and definitely know that I'm still shy of the 1:09 and 2:29 benchmarks.

My mom does have a propensity to overestimate my speed though. When I was a senior in high school and being recruited to play in college, she told a group of her friends that my 40 yard time was 4.2. She swore to it. They guys in the group familiar with 40 times thought that a 6'2" WR with a 40 time of 4.2 would be getting looks from the major D-1 schools, which I wasn't. Eh, she was only .6 seconds off....4.2, 4.8, no big difference, right?

Then last week she bet the Doc she works for - an avid athlete - that my racing shoes were less than an ounce. She lost.

Dave, I love your mom so much! She's too cute for words!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3