365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to survive running in the heat

+21
sir digby
mountandog
ChasMcG
Mrs. Schuey
Julie
Kevin L
Kenny B.
Michael Mitchell
Randy E
Nick Morris
Michele "1L" Keane
Pete B
Mark B
Schuey
Jerry
mul21
JohnP
John Kilpatrick
ounce
Dave-O
Diego
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

How to survive running in the heat - Page 3 Empty And The Hits Just Keep On Comin'

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:27 am

For the Houston/Galveston area....I realize you all are getting now...but we have been getting it since April

We had:

The third warmest April...

The eighth warmest May...

The warmest June ever...

and now the third ( trending..the highs will be 98-100 until July 30, so that should seal the deal) warmest July

&&

.CLIMATE...
THROUGH JULY 21ST...IT IS THE THIRD WARMEST JULY ON RECORD FOR
HOUSTON (86.9)...COLLEGE STATION (87.9 - TIED) AND HOUSTON
HOBBY (86.3). GALVESTON IS CURRENTLY ENDURING IT`S SECOND WARMEST
(86.Cool JULY ON RECORD. 43

I am so tired of this....
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.letsrun.com

Back to top Go down

How to survive running in the heat - Page 3 Empty Re: How to survive running in the heat

Post  John Kilpatrick Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:12 pm

It is getting a little old - but not because the heat is so bad - it gets old to see the speed not coming around, but I guess a lot of that is heat related - I'm hoping there is a bit of a boost come this fall!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

How to survive running in the heat - Page 3 Empty Re: How to survive running in the heat

Post  mul21 Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:46 pm

John Kilpatrick wrote:It is getting a little old - but not because the heat is so bad - it gets old to see the speed not coming around, but I guess a lot of that is heat related - I'm hoping there is a bit of a boost come this fall!

Patience! My paces dropped 20-25 seconds a mile on long runs once it cooled off last fall. It was an amazing change that seemingly happened overnight.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:57 pm

mul21 wrote:
John Kilpatrick wrote:It is getting a little old - but not because the heat is so bad - it gets old to see the speed not coming around, but I guess a lot of that is heat related - I'm hoping there is a bit of a boost come this fall!

Patience! My paces dropped 20-25 seconds a mile on long runs once it cooled off last fall. It was an amazing change that seemingly happened overnight.

How to survive running in the heat - Page 3 424776184
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:58 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
mul21 wrote:

How to survive running in the heat - Page 3 424776184

I agree, but it is still frustrating...
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.letsrun.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3