365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ugh...

+26
jon c
jdholland
stanton
Nick Morris
fostever
Michael Mitchell
Diego
Mark B
dot520
Kevin L
Kenny B.
John Kilpatrick
JohnP
Stephanie
ounce
Dave-O
MartinD
Paula Sue
Dave Bussard
sir digby
charles
Natalie
Julie
Michele "1L" Keane
Schuey
Admin
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ugh... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ugh...

Post  Dave-O Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:13 pm

Dave Bussard wrote:I made it 11.0...really wasn't too bad. Just ran easy without a watch. Turned out to be a good run!

My 9 was the same...I think I had mentally prepared myself for much worse.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Hey, is it possible to run in Lake Michigan like they do in the Channel in Chariots of Fire?
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:17 pm

Kevin L wrote:The dreadmill is the ultimate torture. Bush administration should've used the dreadmill instead of waterboarding for interrogation.

Then I must be MENTALLY tough. That is all I use during the summer...LOL
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.letsrun.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:20 pm

Mark B wrote:At what's supposed to be the hottest time of the day: 60 degrees. Cloudy. Some rain. Again.

Trade you.

I will remember those comments Mark!

Dave Bussard wrote:I made it 11.0...really wasn't too bad. Just ran easy without a watch. Turned out to be a good run!

Yep I made it also did run as far as you Dave but got in 7.10 even ran sub 7 pace. I actually started feeling pretty good out there as the run went on.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:41 pm

MartinD wrote:Is this a bad time to say that we're looking at a high in the high 60s over the rest of this week?

(Sorry - couldn't resist...)
If it's not Scottish it's crap and it's not Scottish in the States right now. No I guess the British Open had similar temps judging from the gear!
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:05 am

I actually got a little relief yesterday while in North Carolina. High temps in the mid 80s and low humidity. Felt kinda cold Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:13 am

It will not be "that" hot in Houston today (tropical moisture), but it will be HUMID. Fun times. Smile
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.letsrun.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stanton Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:22 am

Got up at 5:30am this morning to run and it was already 82 with 70% humidity. No
stanton
stanton

Back to top Go down

Post  jdholland Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:52 am

This thread makes me feel guilty for bitching about it being hot here. It has been low 90's here, but with the dew point at 50 it is a lot more tolerable than other parts of the country.
jdholland
jdholland

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:18 am

stanton wrote:Got up at 5:30am this morning to run and it was already 82 with 70% humidity. No

Here too - it's insane. I honestly thought I left Atlanta, but it is no different here this summer.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MartinD Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:16 pm

fostever wrote:
MartinD wrote:Is this a bad time to say that we're looking at a high in the high 60s over the rest of this week?

If it's not Scottish it's crap and it's not Scottish in the States right now. No I guess the British Open had similar temps judging from the gear!
I suspect that it was a little warmer down there for the most part (the south coast of England is about 400 miles south of where I am), but the combination of wind and rain (particularly on Saturday morning) would have made it feel pretty chilly. That said, some of the winter gear (the hats and big mitts) that the players were using was a bit over the top - I could understand it if the temperatures were in the 40s with that wind and rain, but not when it was still in the 60s.
MartinD
MartinD

Back to top Go down

Post  sir digby Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:54 pm

wait, should I scrap my 12 x 400's tonight and just run an "easy" 10 miles? or should I slow the pace of my intervals by 20 seconds or so?
sir digby
sir digby

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:04 pm

107 heat index here this afternoon. The prediction is that it will be hot and humid here at least through the end of next week!
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:10 pm

Yesterday we reached 111 degrees with the heat index in Chicago Razz

Chicago weather today at 3pm:

Temp (°F) 93°
RealFeel®️ 102°
Wind (mph) 9 N
Humidity 52%
UV Index 4
Cloud Cover 42%
Dewpoint 73

Yep, it's a treadmill run tonight.
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:18 pm

Going to be running in the DC area soon with Chris M and KBFitz. It is 95 with a heat index of 101. Oh well, it's not every day I get the chance to run with them.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:36 pm

OMG, it's 115F here today and to think just a few weeks back a few of you were razzing me about toques. How quickly conversations & weather can change.

So glad today is a scheduled day of rest.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Did my 7.5. 91F + 60% humidity. Could have been much worse. Tried to stay in the shade, and kept the pace a bit slow. But it ain't fun.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:33 pm

mountandog wrote:Did my 7.5. 91F + 60% humidity. Could have been much worse. Tried to stay in the shade, and kept the pace a bit slow. But it ain't fun.

Do you ever run Maybury? You can get a nice 6 mile run in the woods (wood chips). I used to run Maybury for the shade and even parts of Kensington for the shade. I hated running at Island Lake at times because there really is no cover. However, it's a nice area to run. There was also a place out in Pinckney (Silver Lake) that has a lot of nice trails. http://www.trailmarathon.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Obviously, these are for trail runs. But they mix things up and get you off the path with direct sun.
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  sir digby Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:16 am

Got in 10 tough miles last night, it sucked but not as bad as I thought it would be. Just took it nice and slow...
sir digby
sir digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Colleen Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:13 am

fostever wrote:

Speak for your own state...our highest temp this week is going to be 73, and we've got a heavy fog cover to help us deal with that. Cool
Colleen
Colleen

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:03 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
mountandog wrote:Did my 7.5. 91F + 60% humidity. Could have been much worse. Tried to stay in the shade, and kept the pace a bit slow. But it ain't fun.

Do you ever run Maybury? You can get a nice 6 mile run in the woods (wood chips). I used to run Maybury for the shade and even parts of Kensington for the shade. I hated running at Island Lake at times because there really is no cover. However, it's a nice area to run. There was also a place out in Pinckney (Silver Lake) that has a lot of nice trails. http://www.trailmarathon.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Obviously, these are for trail runs. But they mix things up and get you off the path with direct sun.

You know, I've never done any trail running. Want to. Want to break up the monotony of road running. Refresh my brain and body a bit. I've heard Pinkney and Pontiac Lake are nice. Problem is, I hate getting in a car for 20-60 minutes to go run and then turn around and come back. Takes so much total time. I live in W. Bloomfield where at least we have a 5 mile rails to trails path within a mile of my house. It flat as a board but at least its something in the shade and thru nature a bit.

Will definitely consider your recommendations.

The heat is still killer -- did 1x1200, 2x800 and 4x400 (total 6.1) this morning at the track, 6:30am and it was already 80F and humid. Guess I can have that big sandwich for lunch today. Glad today is over. Tomorrow is 100!!! might have to use that as an addtional day off -- we shall see.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum