365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

+25
Glenn
T Miller
Paula Sue
Jerry
Michael Enright
jon c
Randy E
JohnP
Stephanie
Nick Morris
Natalie
Mrs. Schuey
Schuey
Julie
Peg Coover
Alex Kubacki
John Kilpatrick
Mike MacLellan
Penelope
Seth Harrison
Michele "1L" Keane
mul21
Jim Lentz
Tom H
Kenny B.
29 posters

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 7 Empty Re: KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

Post  Kenny B. Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:20 am

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Beautiful picture, Kenny. Reminds me that I need to take a few on the country roads around here so I can look at them when I'm back in Atlanta. Nice runs lately - you're getting in done in the tough conditions which will pay off later.

Not often enough that I notice the beauty of the outdoors. But if I noticed it often maybe they would not seem as special?

Nick Morris wrote:Dang...I wish I lived near the ocean so that I could jump into it after a long run☀
Good run this morning and that photo is awesome!!

Believe my around my 16 that ocean was all I was thinking about.

John Kilpatrick wrote:I agree - it looks like 7:35 should be doable as long as it is outside of this nasty summer (the summer that will never end apparently!). Thanks for the picture and it sounds like fun running next to a tri. Good long run knocked out today and the breakfast burritos sound good!

I believe it is so. Really can't hone in on my MP pace as of yet in this hot weather. I have a HM race in Sept which will be a good judge!

jon c wrote:I too am impressed that you can lay aside legitimate grievances for the greater good. As has been mentioned, forgiveness is a process and one that sometimes needs to be repeated depending on whom you are dealing with. The peace of mind is well worth it of course even though it can be hard to see that when you're in the middle of a situation. Great beach pic. And sounds like your running is going well also!Cool

Jon- Thanks! It is a work in progress with this and other people. If I feel wronged then I miss God's understanding. Comes down to do I want to be right or do I want to be happy. In business it is tricky... I can forgive but still SUE! I think the challenge is doing it with a smile on my face! To be continued...
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 7 Empty Re: KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

Post  Kenny B. Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:45 am

Quality:
Action- Intention today is using the the Divine Love to guide me through today.

Quotation:
To help the young soul, to add energy, inspire hope, and blow the coals into a useful flame; to redeem defeat by new thought and firm action, this, though not easy, is the work of divine man.

Meditation:
6:15am - Hard weekend of running caught up to me slept in a bit longer this morning. 72/85% humidity for a very easy recovery run of 5 miles. Ran on perceived effort (to recover) and did one of my slowest runs in along time with HR just as low of 126 pace only 10:13. This is exactly what my body needed to be ready for a hard run tomorrow. Good sign my HR was low! Legs did feel like lead weights at the start running first mile just under 11 minutes.

Affirmation:
I am an open conduit to the loving spirit moving through me as me in every moment of my life.

Results:
Today was all about recovering. I let the soul lead the way as my body sat back and relaxed. I thought about two things on this run (well 3) First, my legs are lead weights at least for the first mile, Second, there is going to be a lot of opportunity today for me to be forgiving, loving and kind but not to be mistaken for doing nothing. Lastly, I visualized running on the edge of cliff around a winding mountain and each step needs to be carefully placed with one foot in front of another.

Upcoming
Tomorrow if legs feel strong 8 with 4 @ LT.

Below is this weeks schedule 4/14

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 7 Untitl27
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:58 am

Solid looking week Kenny.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:59 am

Quality:
Responsibility - Intention today is to take responsibility for my mood knowing no one can affect it but me.

Quotation:
Everyone is an athlete. The only difference is that some of us are in training, some not." - G. Sheehan

Meditation:
5:40am - 72/77% humidity is like AC now. Nailed this run this morning 8miles w/ 4 @ LT (7:05 pace). First 2m wu and knew things would go well today. Goal was to stay in zone 177-180 HR. Well my avg 173 peaking at 177 & 178 last 2 of 4m. Exactly in my LT Zone. Pace was a drop faster and HR splits where lower when I recently did 8 w/3@LT.

Happily surprised with the strong run coming off a pretty heavy weekend of running. Below is the splits. If you look at last year same run vs. this year a tremendous difference in HR and splits

7:05 vs. 7:10 HR Avg 173 vs. 179 (LT portion)

Affirmation:
I am accepting responsibility for my own inner experience, opening the door to greater happiness.

Results:
Today was all about responsibility of my own mood. Despite some turbulence I chose to take my own mood in the hands of my Divine Spirit. I tend to read a few emails before I run and every now and then one gets my mood fluctuating. So today's intention was perfect for me. By the time I got into my LT portion I let go of my fear, worries even concerns and let God steer the ship. I put up the sails.

Upcoming
13 miles @ LSD

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 7 Untitl28
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:14 pm

Nice run this week and look like another great week in store!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:07 am

Great tempo run Kenny. All your runs have been improvements over previous cycles so you're on track for Hartford.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:13 am

Awesome as usual Kenny!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:19 am

The great Baldino does it again!! Isn't it nice to see improvement like that? I really like how the heart rate is lower!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:42 pm

Julie wrote:Nice run this week and look like another great week in store!

Yes it is thanks!

Alex Kubacki wrote:Great tempo run Kenny. All your runs have been improvements over previous cycles so you're on track for Hartford.

This has been the case for the past 5 years correct!

Peg Coover wrote:Awesome as usual Kenny!

Thanks Peg!

Nick Morris wrote:The great Baldino does it again!! Isn't it nice to see improvement like that? I really like how the heart rate is lower!!

Hey that might be my next blog name The Great Baldino - I like it! Things are moving right along! Thanks!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:54 pm

Awesome FCR tempo run yesterday Kenny! That type of tempo runs is among my favorite workouts.
Your results from this year to last are very telling. You've done great job.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:02 pm

Quality:
Adaptability - Today's intention is about adapting to changes in my life through the guidance of my Divine Spirit

Quotation:
I think of myself as somebody who has responsibility for a super powerful race car, and part of my job is to keep it pointed in the right direction. Just correct the course by a degree or two. Not a major function, but arguable an important one" - John Babington

Meditation:
5:30am - Headed out for 13 miles as the sun was rising sky was beautiful. MW LSD usually goes well and today was no exception. Clipped away the miles pretty effortlessly feeling smooth and comfortable the whole time letting God guide me not only in my run but throughout today. Pace was 8:24 HR smack in middle of zone of156 with very little drift.

Comparison

Last year this time 13 miles MW LSD I was at 8:46 pace with HR of 156.

Affirmation:
I am opening fully to the divine guidance as I Journey home to God

Results:
This was a great MW LSD feeling fully capable of handling the remaining training this week and life on life's terms.

Upcoming
Tomorrow is an easy 5-6 miles with the Quality being Harmony

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 7 Untitl29

Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Nice run! That is great you keep such detailed records of your runs from previous years so you can see that precise of fitness improvement!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:06 pm

Quality:
Harmony - Today's intention it to be flow with the day. Letting it take me where it wants and not resisting knowing I am safe surrounded by Divine Spirit.

Quotation:
As an athlete, when you least expect it, you may find yourself standing on the threshold of an accomplishment so monumental that is strikes fear into your soul. You must stand ready, at any moment to face the unknown. You must be ready to walk through the wall of uncertainty. - John Bingham

Meditation:
5:45am - Still a bit dark out humid but only 70 with light rain. Something very peaceful running in the dark. Just an old fashion 6 mile recovery run. Felt good today coming off back to back hard days. Pace 9:33 HR 134 all par for the course.

Affirmation:
I am moving and living in the world in harmony, balance, and grace.

Results:
Was exactly that harmony, balance and grace. Felt light outside today and safe from uncertainty in my life. Matter of fact today's run made me feel certain about a few decisions I am soon going to be making both in personal and business. It is quite exciting to decide based on your soul vs. your mind.

Upcoming
Tomorrow is GA run total 9 miles w/strides probably do 7-8 @GA finish off with 9x100's.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:32 pm

Great runs lately, Kenny. Love the comparison between last year's FCR and this year's.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:39 pm

I like the combo Kenny! I really think those back to back challenging workouts are a huge benefit come race day. What's your max HR? Like 205 or so if I remember correctly?
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:49 pm

mul21 wrote:I like the combo Kenny! I really think those back to back challenging workouts are a huge benefit come race day. What's your max HR? Like 205 or so if I remember correctly?

I read you add 5 points to your max HR for a 5k so I am about 201-203 right now.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:08 pm

Catching up a little - recent runs look really good. That is neat to compare past data to current and see an improvement.

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:28 pm

Good running the last couple of days Kenny...Things are looking good for this fall. Don't you just like it when 13 miles feels effortless...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:32 pm

Nick Morris wrote:Good running the last couple of days Kenny...Things are looking good for this fall. Don't you just like it when 13 miles feels effortless...

Let's talk when 20 feels that way! But seriously, I think the sweet spot is when 13-15 feel effortless cause you know then 20 won't be terrible. Although my last 20 tough in the heat. Cooler weather brings easier 20's so I am not concerned. That reminds me I have another 20 this Sunday. Possibly rain. Kinda might like that!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:33 pm

Have a good 20 on Sunday, Kenny.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:35 pm

Jim Lentz wrote:Have a good 20 on Sunday, Kenny.

Let me get through Tomorrow and Sat. Just one day at a time sometimes one stride at a time. Seems to work in my favor that way! Not looking to change it! But you know me I love to schedule and plan!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:37 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:Good running the last couple of days Kenny...Things are looking good for this fall. Don't you just like it when 13 miles feels effortless...

Let's talk when 20 feels that way! But seriously, I think the sweet spot is when 13-15 feel effortless cause you know then 20 won't be terrible. Although my last 20 tough in the heat. Cooler weather brings easier 20's so I am not concerned. That reminds me I have another 20 this Sunday. Possibly rain. Kinda might like that!

I love running in the rain...It makes me feel like a kid playing in the rain. Last year I did an 18 miler in a downpour. It was fun.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:

I love running in the rain...It makes me feel like a kid playing in the rain. Last year I did an 18 miler in a downpour. It was fun.

I like it when it is not often which is usually the case. Longest I ran was 15 a few years ago in heavy rains and heavy winds. I could tell you the winds did not make it fun but it did make it dam good adventure. I mean to be outside running in that weather had to look to drivers like "this kid is mad". I love that!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:03 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:

I like it when it is not often which is usually the case. Longest I ran was 15 a few years ago in heavy rains and heavy winds. I could tell you the winds did not make it fun but it did make it dam good adventure. I mean to be outside running in that weather had to look to drivers like "this kid is mad". I love that!

I totally agree!!!!KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 7 424776184
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:53 am

You are doing some great running! I enjoy running in pretty much any weather unless it's cold rain or it's icy outside. I get so nervous about falling (and then I go and fall on dry sidewalk in the summer. haha).
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next