365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felt a Hundred Different Demons

+37
Lauren
healdgator
Diego
T Miller
Glenn
Michael Enright
Dave P
Mrs. Schuey
fostever
jon c
JohnP
Michele "1L" Keane
Nick Morris
Joel H
Seth Harrison
ChasMcG
KBFitz
Penelope
mul21
John Kilpatrick
Jeff F
Matt W
Kenny B.
Dave-O
Jerry
jdholland
Julie
Jim Lentz
Natalie
Chris M
Peg Coover
Alex Kubacki
Mark B
Bob
GregC
Mike MacLellan
Schuey
41 posters

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 11 Empty Re: Felt a Hundred Different Demons

Post  Diego Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:24 pm

Nice pic and new job Martin.

Hey Schuey, someday you need to tell me how I can have(convince) folks like UBS give me enough money to somehow lose $2 billion. With that kind of money I could have generated close to 100k jobs. I have a ton of philanthropic ideas that would generate both dollars and jobs for the economy. Alas, no dinero to make it happen.
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 11 Empty Re: Felt a Hundred Different Demons

Post  Julie Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:26 pm

This is funny, but my running friends threw a couples' wedding shower for my husband and me and the one guy took me FOREVER to figure out who he was. Kind of embarrassing but I could not recognize him in regular clothes, not even dressed up just non-running clothes. And I had only been running with him for 2-3 years at that point.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:05 pm

Kinda like sending him off for his first day of school, hey Lisa. You soo proud! Hey hippy dude you clean up well!Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 11 424776184
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:16 pm

Man you guys just keep coming at me, I have a lot of post to catch up on in here.

Jim I have to say that I was a little surprised at the 2 billion dollar rogue trader at UBS. Especially when UBS has had some problems in the recent past. It's unreal that guys like him even try to do what they do, funny thing about this is that I just went and had my fingerprints done today and it was the big talk at the NFA place ( National Future Association.) I told the lady that if the FBI was looking for me I'm sure I would have known about it by now. HaHaHa

Foster you better watch it buddy, I'm still as much of a hippy as you are.

Again thanks everyone and I have a lot of catching up to do and filling you all in.

But really quick I did have an awesome 10 mile run tonight at a nice avg. pace of 6:28.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Looks like someone I see on FBI most wanted. scratch
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  T Miller Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:45 pm

Hey Schuey, I just discovered your new attraction to trails. That means that you have to do the Tecumseh trail marathon sometime soon. If you want to do it this year you had better get on it before it sells out. It is a whole lot better than what you'll find at Pickney.
T Miller
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:02 pm

T Miller wrote:Hey Schuey, I just discovered your new attraction to trails. That means that you have to do the Tecumseh trail marathon sometime soon. If you want to do it this year you had better get on it before it sells out. It is a whole lot better than what you'll find at Pickney.

Better than Pinckney? I don't know about that...Razz
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  T Miller Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:13 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
T Miller wrote:Hey Schuey, I just discovered your new attraction to trails. That means that you have to do the Tecumseh trail marathon sometime soon. If you want to do it this year you had better get on it before it sells out. It is a whole lot better than what you'll find at Pickney.

OK, lets just say, more challenging. No question.
T Miller
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:30 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 11 Martincute

Whoa...Who is that guy???
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:08 pm

Who is the real Schuey?

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 11 Isthis10
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:17 pm

Good question Smile
In the words of Eminem, "Would the real Schuey please stand up?"
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  GregC Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:24 pm

T Miller wrote:

OK, lets just say, more challenging. No question.[/quote]

I'd say the Potto trail and the Tecumseh trails are pretty similar...although Tecumseh is probably hillier...or at least it seems hillier when you're going up and down it for 26 miles.
GregC
GregC
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:11 pm

Suit and tie every day? Clean shaven? Holy shit I've missed a lot in the last week!
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:17 pm

Nick Morris wrote:Good question Smile
In the words of Eminem, "Would the real Schuey please stand up?"
That's from an old TV game show when I was a young lad. He stole it!
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:25 am

GregC wrote:
T Miller wrote:

I'd say the Potto trail and the Tecumseh trails are pretty similar...although Tecumseh is probably hillier...or at least it seems hillier when you're going up and down it for 26 miles.

I do know that one of these days I want to run Tecumseh but not sure if it will be this year after running JFK 50. Since I haven't run the Tecumseh trail I can't really say whether it is more Challenging or hillier then Pinckney. I do know that from running out at Pinckney that it has been listed as one of the 25 best trail runs in America and there is no doubt the routes I have run out there have been challenging and hilly. For all my runs out at Pinckney the trails are nothing but rocks, tree roots and 98% single track. I will say this if DWD is the only running one has done out at Pinckney, I would then say go out there one weekend and run the whole Potto trail, Crooked Lake Trail, Silver Lake Trail, Losee Trail and Waterloo Trail and then let me know what you think? Actually You could leave it just to running all of the Potto Trail, part of Silver Lake Trail and all of Losee Trail and lets then compare.

Maybe coming up one of these weekends I will get out and do my back to back 20 plus mile runs out at Tecumseh and report on what I think of the two trail systems.

I will add that one thing that is great about trail running and what I like more about it then road racing is that all the trail systems are different from one another and what one person finds challenging maybe be different from someone else. But one thing I thin that we can all agree on is that if you enjoy trail running no matter were it is at it is easy to get lost in the beauty that surrounds it and before you know it you have just run 20 miles.

I still want and need to take photos of the routes I run out at Pinckney but here are some below along with some elevation charts of some of my runs out there. Also I have put a link to an article in Runner's World that listed Pinckney as 1 of 25 best trail runs in America.

http://www.newrunner.com/cda/microsite/article/0,8029,s6-238-511--13959-6-1X2X3X4X5-6,00.html

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 11 Pinckney1

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 11 Pinckney2

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 11 Pinckney3

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 11 Pinckney4

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 11 Pinckney5

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 11 Pinckney6

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 11 Pinckney7

Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:42 am

The Poto is seriously technical and intense. This trail system goes for 40 miles and every step kicks your ass. The last time we were there, we were told by the DNR that it was featured as one of the rave runs in Runner's World. I can't wait to go back! bounce bounce
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:44 am

Those are some really beautiful pics... Can't wait for late winter through early summer here so the ground cover will be green again. We've got way too much brown right now.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:26 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:Those are some really beautiful pics... Can't wait for late winter through early summer here so the ground cover will be green again. We've got way too much brown right now.

Thanks Mike, I have a few other pictures to post that are just scenery photos of out at the Poto. I will post them later, I have been a slacker today and really need to get out and get my 20 mile run done today.

Alright it is time to get back on track about posting about my training. It has been one those training cycles were everything was going perfect and then the wheels just feel off! Between doing my regular work and then going in for interviews, I would have never thought that it would take that much out of me and would be that time consuming but it was. Then after getting the job I figured ok everything would get back on track just like that. Well I was wrong between starting at 7am and working until 4:30pm lets just say that has been a shock to the system!

A shock in the fact that it is a lot harder to get up at 4am in the morning to run when I'm more use to getting up around 7am doing my own thing and then working for a little and then running. For the most part getting out in the evening hasn't been that hard but I have to admit after working steady for 9 hours I have found myself a little beat the last couple of weeks. I feel a lot of that has to do with learning the system of how things work at my firm. There are some new things that I'm learning about the actually work but I have most of that stuff down. Again most of the stress (if you want to call it that) has to do with adjusting my body to being on a 9 hour work schedule and then learning how my firm does things and getting to know the client base. And to add to that things are going to switch up a little for me come around Oct 2nd.

Come Oct. 2nd I will be in charge of our Asian & European desk during there hours for the next 6 months along with the night trading of US products. Which means I will be working from 5pm to 1:30am CDT and doing it Sunday-Thursday. To be honest I'm really excited about this and feel that this will really work well for my Boston Training come this winter. Until we get things changed and fixed at our Singapore office which should be no longer then 6 months this will be my responsibility and focus to have things run smoothly. After that it will be back on days and dealing again end of day of Asia, Europe and then all of the day US markets. So as one can see it is very very exciting times for me but at the same time I'm going through a lot of adjustments. The adjustments will deal mainly with my schedule of "TRAINING"!

Like anything I do in my life I know that I will make the adjustments and get myself back on track to have a great race for JFK 50 miler and then to nail another outstanding performance in Boston 2012! I'm now really pumped about life and training again and really look forward to what the future holds for me not only career wise but also running!

The other thing that I'm really pumped about but at the same time nervous about is that I asked Chris if it was cool that I ran with him at Chicago this year. It is a really big race for Chris due to the fact that he is going for the major goal of breaking 3 hours. So it is huge for him and find it to be a huge honor that he wants me to join him on race day. Now I just hope that I have done enough this past training cycle to be of a huge benefit to Chris on Oct 9th. For me once I signed up for the JFK 50 miler that became my whole focus and my training really became about running miles and that as I stated above got a little side tracked due to life and career opportunity. Again I feel like I'm refocused and ready to go.

The good thing for me is that I have 62 days left until my first Ultramarathon JFK 50 which is on Nov 19th, which means that is pretty much 9 weeks a way. Which again means there is plenty of time left for me to train to meet my goals on Nov. 19th. Sure my main goal is to just finish this sucker and have fun. Then there is a part of me that you all know that I love to compete and when I say compete I love competing with myself and the clock. So I will throw it out there now and say that I would love to finish between 6 hours (7:12 avg. pace) to 6 hours 30 mins (7:47 avg. pace) but would be really happy if I could do it in 6 hours 20 mins (avg. pace 7:36). Now depending on who shows up and how things play out this would give me a shot at a maybe a Top 10 finish and winning my age group.

One may say that is a tall order to ask for out of one's first Ultra and being a big one like JFK! I would agree it sure is but why not shoot for the moon and if I don't reach that at less I will smack into the stars!

Also I will toss it out there that I have already started thinking about some goals for Boston 2012. And right now in a nutshell I looking at shooting for a 2:45 to 2:40 marathon as my main goal but not giving up on the idea of if everything goes well actually taking a shot at going sub 2:40.

Ok now with all that being said I feel that it is now time to put up or shut up!! I believe I will choose to put up, which means it will be a 4am wake-up call this week and hitting the roads by 4:30am and then doing a second run after work and then hitting the sack early and doing it all over again. Time to move forward and put my commitment back into my running and balance everything out again.

So you all know what that means I will be shooting for a big week this week of 122 miles to 134 miles.

I must also add that it is great to have a very understanding wife in Lisa. As you all know Lisa runs and loves it also so it really helps that she has a good understanding of my running desires. So I have to give her huge thanks for being by my side to reach my future goals. I have to honestly say that for me to reach these goals Lisa is a huge part of me being successful. So Lisa I thank you so much for being by my side and giving the confidence and encouragement to reach for the moon. Here we go baby time to reach the fucking moon!

Thanks for reading everyone lol!

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 11 Sunatpoto
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  T Miller Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:35 pm

Schuey wrote:
GregC wrote:
T Miller wrote:

I do know that one of these days I want to run Tecumseh but not sure if it will be this year after running JFK 50. Since I haven't run the Tecumseh trail I can't really say whether it is more Challenging or hillier then Pinckney.

Well, perhaps I was wrong and I spoke up without really knowing. I thought from running DWD and driving around the area that it couldn't come close to some of the hills found on the Tecumseh trail. Now it sounds like they are comparable trails based on your description and Greg's comments. It is far too far away for me to travel to run but I'll have to take your word for it. Anyway, My main point was that you would probably like the Tecumseh marathon and since it isn't too far away you may want to run it sometime.
T Miller
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:45 pm

T Miller wrote:
Schuey wrote:
GregC wrote:
T Miller wrote:

I do know that one of these days I want to run Tecumseh but not sure if it will be this year after running JFK 50. Since I haven't run the Tecumseh trail I can't really say whether it is more Challenging or hillier then Pinckney.

Well, perhaps I was wrong and I spoke up without really knowing. I thought from running DWD and driving around the area that it couldn't come close to some of the hills found on the Tecumseh trail. Now it sounds like they are comparable trails based on your description and Greg's comments. It is far too far away for me to travel to run but I'll have to take your word for it. Anyway, My main point was that you would probably like the Tecumseh marathon and since it isn't too far away you may want to run it sometime.

No doubt I agree with you 100% Tim! Tecumseh is on the radar and there is no doubt I will be doing it! If not this year most likely next year. When I do plan to run Tecumseh for some training runs we should get together and run together!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:20 pm

Talk about make no little plans! Good stuff Martin - I know any new job is exhausting mentally, but it is great that you are that excited about it all. Good luck in the weeks to come and glad your "back"!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:56 pm

John Kilpatrick wrote:Talk about make no little plans! Good stuff Martin - I know any new job is exhausting mentally, but it is great that you are that excited about it all. Good luck in the weeks to come and glad your "back"!

Yeah I'm back in a big way. With everyone doing so well in races today it fired me up and I went out and nailed a good 20 miler today. It was a wet and windy one but a good one.

20 miles @ an avg. pace of 6:42. And it felt so dam good!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:32 pm

...I still hate that on any given Sunday you can blast out 20 @ that pace. That's faster than my goal MP for the next cycle. Ugh. Very Happy
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:...I still hate that on any given Sunday you can blast out 20 @ that pace. That's faster than my goal MP for the next cycle. Ugh. Very Happy

Hey Mike - there are a lot of people out there saying the same thing about YOU Wink!

Great running Martin - now that I know a little bit of your story, it is awesome to see you continuing to stretch yourself. Shows some of us what potential we MIGHT have!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:32 am

Nice 20 miler! I've been banged up for most of the summer and would love to have a run like that now. It's good to read your excitement for your new schedule and everything else you have going on in your life.

I'm sure that you will do a great job of giving Chris a tour of your city. I'm just wondering how many words he'll get the chance to say to you. I picture you giving him plenty to listen to while you churn out 6:50 miles for just under 3 hours. Smile

I hope everything continues to go well for you. Keep up the good work!
Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next