365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running with a stroller

5 posters

Go down

Running with a stroller Empty Running with a stroller

Post  nkrichards Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:06 pm

I'd like to help out the kids by watching the youngest grandchild for a couple hours a couple days a week.  They have a good running stroller and Natalie often takes Royce and/or Owen out when she jogs.

What do you think of the idea of utilizing this time to get in a bit of extra time on the road?  I live on a gravel road about 1/2 mile from the pavement.  I was thinking about walking the gravel portion and then jogging a couple miles on paved rolling hills and returning to walk the gravel portion home.  I would do this after swimming on my cross training days. 

Good idea or not?  What pace?  Distance?
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Running with a stroller Empty Re: Running with a stroller

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:25 pm

Sure why not?  It seems as if it would combine some great stuff, a little recovery run, a little strength training, and a little Grandma time.  I'd say 30-40 min or so, and who cares about pace.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:06 am

Agreed.  If they like it with Natalie, they'll like it with you.  It will be 'different' because they're used to Natalie's method, but kids adapt.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:42 pm

Approval Approval Approval
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:55 pm

Natalie and I both vetoed the stroller idea. Works great to walk back and forth between the houses...it's about 1/3 mile. But the goal is for me to watch Royce while he's awake and then take him home to nap. He falls asleep in the stroller if we go much farther than that and then won't take his nap at home. Natalie works from home and those naps are valuable time!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:33 pm

Makes sense. Strollers are easy to fall asleep in! But if you ever do decide to take a baby running I think pace you just go by feel and do what feels good. For me it's not much more difficult to push a stroller (and ours is a double BOB so pretty big) than just run without it. It's only tough when a baby starts crying and you have to pull over to comfort said baby (I would say him but I took my daughter way more than I take my boys).
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:56 pm

nkrichards wrote:Natalie and I both vetoed the stroller idea.  Works great to walk back and forth between the houses...it's about 1/3 mile.  But the goal is for me to watch Royce while he's awake and then take him home to nap.  He falls asleep in the stroller if we go much farther than that and then won't take his nap at home.  Natalie works from home and those naps are valuable time!
been having problems sleeping.........want to push me around???
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down