365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"No Pressure"

+13
Chris M
Jim Lentz
mul21
Dave Wolfe
Dave P
JohnP
Schuey
Michele "1L" Keane
Jerry
nkrichards
ounce
Mark B
Nick Morris
17 posters

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 4 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:38 pm

06.26.14 - 5 miles

I was scheduled for 5 miles, but with the brutal day I had on Wednesday, I swapped Wednesday and Thursday runs.  That means that it was 8 miles on the docket.  I must say, what a difference a good night's rest does for you. I felt much better throughout this run and did not have the struggles of body and mental fatigue. I ended up completing 8.21 miles at a 7:40 pace. What a difference Smile

After my run, the little lady and I went to Camp Randall Stadium (where the Wisconsin Badgers play football). To watch a free showing of the Lego Movie. There was a pretty large crowd, as the entire playing field was covered with people, as well as, the end zone stands. It was a great night for it.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:07 pm

06.27.14 - Scheduled Off Day

Today is another scheduled off day to rest up for a weekend that sees me running 26 miles. 8 tomorrow and 18 on Sunday. My last long run under 20 miles...eek!!

Also, I used today to book a trip to Europe in September. So, it looks like I will be running on a different continent this training cycle! Will be heading to Amsterdam and Italy over a week and a half time frame. The good news that the travel falls reusing a step back week, so the miles won't be too bad.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:04 pm

Even your stepback weeks will have a 20 or greater long run?

How high is your longest long run?  And you poor thing.  Having to run in Amsterdam and in Italy.  So sorry for the hardship.    Sad
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:23 pm

ounce wrote:Even your stepback weeks will have a 20 or greater long run?

How high is your longest long run?  And you poor thing.  Having to run in Amsterdam and in Italy.  So sorry for the hardship.    Sad

My step back weeks will have me at 12 miles at the most. Thanks for the clarification. All of my other long runs are 20 milers. Oh, and there is a HM in there, too.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:01 pm

06.28.14 - 8 miles

The first 8 miles of 26 for the weekend was this morning and man was it a moist one. 74 degrees and 80% humidity at 6 am. I ran this morning with my running parents/friends, Pete and Jenny. Pete recently paced Jenny to a BQ at the Marathon to Marathon in Iowa. Jenny's pace is slower than ours, so I figured that it would be good to run with her to keep me from burning my legs up before the 18 tomorrow.

My plan worked perfectly as we finished 8.36 miles at an average pace of 8:30. Even with the slow pace, the moist air left me feeling like I had just taken a shower. I should be in good shape for my run tomorrow, although it is supposed to be warmer than today. Yuck!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:28 pm

Although Jenny is probably faster than me, it's good to know we 'slow' people can help a fellow runner.   Wink 

So in your career of running marathons, was there a marathon where you ran too many miles per week in training?  OR have you found a sweet spot for weekly mileage during training?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:20 am

ounce wrote:Although Jenny is probably faster than me, it's good to know we 'slow' people can help a fellow runner.   Wink 

So in your career of running marathons, was there a marathon where you ran too many miles per week in training?  OR have you found a sweet spot for weekly mileage during training?

Actually, she is pretty fast for a 52 year old woman. Her marathon PR is 3:49 and she just ran a 3:54 a couple of weeks ago. That race actually put her in the Iowa record books for the 5th fastest marathon time by a female over 50. And her husband Pete, he is also 52, is almost as fast as me. He PR'd last year at the same race that I BQ'd at with a 3:19 marathon time.

As far as my training, I do think that I have hit that point where I have ran too many miles in a week. Each year I normally add on some mileage, as my fitness level increases. Last year I maxed out at around 82 miles in a week. I am running the same program this year, so there won't be that increase, but I may shoot for a 90 mile week next year.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:29 am

06.29.14 - 18 miles

Man, if it thought that last sunday was tough, then this Sunday was even tougher. 70 degrees and 90% humidity when I left this morning at 6 am. I decided to run with Pete and Jenny again, as she had 14 miles scheduled, which meant that I could use her to keep my pace slower for the first 6-7 miles. Pete decided to run the 18 with me, but he probably wishes that he wouldn't have Smile the plan seemed to work at the halfway turn around. My average HR was a pedestrian 129, but I could already feel the warmth taking a toll on my legs. We turned around and made our way back home and by this time the 8:40s that we were running with Jenny had turned into 8:10s. I feeling pretty good by mile 14, but the sun and heat just seemed to nail me. The last two miles were pretty brutal, but we were still able to get the overall average pace down to 8:28for the 18.26 miles. My HR took a jump and finished at a 133 average, which is still decent.

Now I am off to Milwaukee to hopefully see the Brewers sweep the Rockies for the second time in a week...Enjoy the day!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wolfe Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:57 am

Please feel free to beat up on every team t in the West except the Dodgers. And that was a nice long run especially given the summer heat,
Dave Wolfe
Dave Wolfe
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:01 am

Dave Wolfe wrote:Please feel free to beat up on every team t in the West except the Dodgers. And that was a nice long run especially given the summer heat,

We have taken 7 out of 8 from the Rockies this year. Dodgers don't come to town until the beginning of August.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:02 am

06.30.14 - Cross Training

Monday saw me with another cross training day. Unfortunately, we had another round of strong storms come through, which caused my softball game to be cancelled yet again. This is the 4th time this year that we have had a game cancelled due to rain. So, I headed off to the to the gym for some weight training and core exercises. Gotta stay strong...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:43 pm

07.01.14 - 5 miles

An easy 5 miles GA to start off my second step back week. My legs still felt a little tired from the weekend, so I took it pretty easy on them. I didn't think that it was supposed to rain today, so was very surprised when it started to rain the last half mile of my run. I was able to finish before the downpour started. It seemed to only rain for a good 20 minutes, so just a stray shower. I completed the 5.20 miles at a very comfortable 7:47 as I wanted to take it easy.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:53 pm

07.02.14 - 8 miles

An abnormally cool day today for July. It was 64 degrees and overcast this evening when I set out for my run. Actually, I am not going to complain as it was awesome weather to run in. My legs have finally bounced back from the weekend and felt really good tonight. I ended up completing a cool 8.28 miles at a 7:47 pace. 5 more tomorrow and then 20 more over the weekend.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:37 pm

07.03.14 - 5 miles

Another 5 miles in the books a day before Independece Day. Not much to report with this one, as it was me just putting in the work. I completed 5.21 miles at a 7:44 pace. Day off on the 4th, which is not bad timing.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:39 pm

07.04.14 - Scheduled Off Day

My off day this week conveniently landed on July 4th. The little lady and I spent the day with some friends. We went to a parade and cookout. Happy 4th of July!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:45 pm

07.05.14 - 8 miles

An 8 miler to start my step back weekend. It was a cool and overcast morning, but really a great day for a run. I can tell that I am almost 6 full weeks into my training, because things are getting pretty routine, which makes running even more fun Smile I completed 8.30 miles at a 7:41 pace...12 miles tomorrow, before I step up the miles for my toughest week of this training cycle to date.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:20 am

07.06.14 - 12 miles

My second step back week of the training cycle is now complete as I completed a moist 12 miles this morning. Humid with no breeze, but I don't mind. I like to sweat...it makes me feel like I am doing something.  Sweaty  I completed 12.28 miles LSD at an 8:03 pace. My HR averaged a mere 129 bpm.

I forgot to mention yesterday that I broke in a new pair of training shoes. There is nothing better than running on new shoes. It always makes me want to glide as I run...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:45 am

Nick Morris wrote:07.06.14 - 12 miles

My second step back week of the training cycle is now complete as I completed a moist 12 miles this morning.  Humid with no breeze, but I don't mind.  I like to sweat...it makes me feel like I am doing something.  Sweaty   I completed 12.28 miles LSD at an 8:03 pace.  My HR averaged a mere 129 bpm.

I forgot to mention yesterday that I broke in a new pair of training shoes.  There is nothing better than running on new shoes.  It always makes me want to glide as I run...

Totally agree about the new shoes.  I broke out some this morning and the foot/achilles didn't even hurt.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:46 am

I also enjoy the smell of new shoes...insert weirdo joke here...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:41 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:07.06.14 - 12 miles

My second step back week of the training cycle is now complete as I completed a moist 12 miles this morning.  Humid with no breeze, but I don't mind.  I like to sweat...it makes me feel like I am doing something.  Sweaty   I completed 12.28 miles LSD at an 8:03 pace.  My HR averaged a mere 129 bpm.

I forgot to mention yesterday that I broke in a new pair of training shoes.  There is nothing better than running on new shoes.  It always makes me want to glide as I run...

Totally agree about the new shoes.  I broke out some this morning and the foot/achilles didn't even hurt.
I don't get that same feeling.  Maybe once I'm faster.
Nick Morris wrote:I also enjoy the smell of new shoes...insert weirdo joke here...

Not unexpected, I must admit.

And the Astros, not one to properly handle prosperity, are back to being the worst in the league.  In fact, it looks like the Rangers desparately want to take over last place, but the LAstros are hell bent on holding on to it.  We're only 13 games back of a Wild Card berth.  I don't know how few games we need to lose to "Magic Number" ourselves out of the division champ slot, but it's soon!  We might even double the amount of players at the All Star game, next week, to 2. Rolling Eyes
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:02 pm

O7.07.14 - Cross Training

Early softball game tonight, so no time to hit up the gym for weight training. It was a blowout game tonight, as we won easily 22-3. I also had a good night, going 5-5 at the plate. We remain undefeated for the season, in the hardest division on Monday nights. cheers cheers cheers 
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:22 pm

Holy cow! 22-3? Sounds like your league needs a mercy role.  Shocked 

Good work, though. And congrats on the new shoes! What type are they?
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:39 am

Mark B wrote:Holy cow! 22-3? Sounds like your league needs a mercy role.  Shocked 

Good work, though. And congrats on the new shoes! What type are they?

It was 19-1 after three innings. We had to let up on them or we could have scored 35+. And they do not have a mercy rule in the top leagues.

As for the shoes, i broke in my second pair of New Balance M890 v4. (same color as the first). I tried New Balance out for the first time this winter and found them to be light at 8.1 oz, but very comfortable for a trainer.

"No Pressure" - Page 4 Untitl12
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:31 pm

Nice shoes! And I think the German World Cup team took a page out of your softball team's performance today. Wowza.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:47 pm

Mark B wrote:Nice shoes! And I think the German World Cup team took a page out of your softball team's performance today. Wowza.

I know!! Germany was my favorite to win in after they got through pool play. That was a regular old butt kicking!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next