365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staying Home for Boston

+4
Michele "1L" Keane
Michael Enright
Jerry
Alex Kubacki
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Staying Home for Boston - Page 2 Empty Re: Staying Home for Boston

Post  nkrichards Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:02 am

Nice week.  Keep it up.  Smile
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:09 am

Thanks Nancy.

Monday - 11M with 15 x 1min pickups. Most of these were up and down these two big hills. The band on my watch broke a couple of miles in so I'm holding it while trying to hit the lap button each time was fun. Nice to be outside for this with the clocks changed. I was a muddy mess after with the snow melt. Did some leg strength after.

Tuesday - 5M easy. Early morning. Nice and cold again. My legs were pretty trashed on this one.

Wednesday - 12.5M with 2 x 5K at 7:00 & 6:54. Felt ok on this. Did some leg strength after.

Thursday - 4M easy. Early morning. There was a flash freeze after a storm yesterday and everything was solid ice. Did it on the treadmill which I was not happy about.

Friday - 8M GA with strides. Early morning. While temps were not near zero the wind made it feel nice and cold. My face was numb after.

Saturday - 23M. Time on feet run. Did as many hills as I could. Pace ended up at 8:38. Picked it up a little the last seven. I was happy to get this done.  

Sunday - 9M easy. Felt pretty decent on this. Figured my legs would be more trashed. Very windy. Face numb again.

Step back week this coming week.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:21 am

Step back week.

Monday - 11M with last 2 around 7:25.  Leg strength after. All day didn't feel like doing this. Got out there and felt pretty good.

Tuesday - 5M easy. Early morning. Yet another very cold morning.

Wednesday - 13M with 10 x .5M wtih 1min recover from 3:22-3:15 along wtih 3 x 40sec pickups. Even ran the last 2M around 7:30. Leg strength after. This completely wrecked me. I definitely went to the well for this. This was an over-doing it run though.

Thursday - No running. It was a planned no run day but even if I was scheduled to run I would have bagged it. I was still a bit wrecked from last night. It wasn't really muscular but overall body fatique.

Friday - 8M easy. Usually I'll run this at a good solid pace but I still had lingering effects which p'd me off because that really never happens. Now I was worried about it affecting tomorrow. When you run too hard that effects subsequent workouts then it's not smart training.

Saturday - 12M. Long tempo-ish. Worries abated as I nailed this. After warming up I dropped to about 7:50 until mile 6 and then dropped to around 7:25, and then about 7:15 for the last 2. Exactly what I wanted. It was tough but it didn't destroy me or anything.

Sunday - 9M easy. Didn't feel too bad out there.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:53 pm

Good work, Alex.  You are smartly listening to your body as I am as well.  It can be hard to do it, but I have been grateful a couple of times this training cycle for deciding to take the day off rather than try to push through it.  I had a couple of weeks where I was very fatigued and cut back on the miles and I even cut way back last week between the hilly 15K and yesterday's half.  I'm feeling very good today so it worked.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:32 am

Thanks Michele. Looks like this past week though neither had the best week.

Monday - 11M with 15 x 1min. Most were up and down these two big hills. Didn't have great turnover on these and I was pretty spent on the cooldown home when I can usually still run a decent pace. Leg strength work after.

Tuesday - 5M easy. Early Morning. And yet another record low for temps. Incredible.

Wednesday - 12.5M with 3 x 2M. Had GI problems during this not that anyone wanted to hear about that. The run itself went fine aside from the stomach. Leg strength after.

Thursday - 4M easy. Early Morning. While not a record low it was still nice and cold.

Friday - 8M GA with some strides. Early morning. I never look at my watch on these but overall I was 10-15sec a mile slower.  Wasn't happy about that. Legs are probably ready to hit taper.

Saturday - 21M. Got into trouble on this one. Ran out of water way early and I was probably overdressed. Started getting dizzy and I literally staggered into my driveway and house. The route I did didn't go by one store. Now in the summer I would never do that. I was fine once I hydrated and fueled up.

Sunday - 8M easy. Had to cut it short due to water in the basement and didn't want to be away too long. It's Monday now and water is still coming in thanks to heavy rain on snow melt. I have a sump pump too which isn't enough.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:58 am

Bummer about the water in the basement, Alex. After the weekend deluge and today's snow, who knows what's next!!

The running looks good, though I'm not surprised you're feeling ready for taper. You deserve it.

On the hydration issue, I think you know better!  Very Happy 
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:36 pm

Yup, Alex, we should both know better and both of us got caught.  Better now than on April 21st.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:04 am

Michael, the water finally stopped coming in on Wednesday. Annoying.

Michele, I know. It was foolish on my part.

Winding down now.

Monday - 10M with last 2 at 7:30 with -2 decline. Leg strength after. Due to water still coming in the basement did this on the treadmill. 

Tuesday - 5M easy. Early morning. Pretty windy out.

Wednesday - 10M with 6 x 2.5min hills with 3 pretty hard going back down. Leg strength after. Weird run. Legs didn't feel there on the warmup or cool down but the pace ended up being ok.

Thursday - No running with some core work.

Friday - 7M easy. Early morning. Threw in some strides.

Saturday - 16M with last 8 at 7:25. Started the run at 10am, normally I'm on the road for this by 6:30. Threw in a lot of hills and a good chunk of the final 8 seemed to be smack into a headwind. Was definitely working that last 8.

Sunday - 6.5M easy. Legs a bit trashed from Saturday.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:52 am

Monday - 7.5M with 14 x 25sec pickups. Planned to do 12 but I lost track of the count during. When I looked at the download there were 14 done. Oops. No big deal. One final leg strength after.

Tuesday - 5M easy. Early morning. It was pouring out and didn't want to bother with it so I did it on the treadmill.

Wednesday - 9M with 3 x 1M and 3 x 40sec pickups. The repeats were done at tempo-ish pace 6:49 6:47 6:48. Enough to get the legs turning a bit but nothing crazy. Wind was wrecking havoc on this run.

Thursday - 3.5M easy. Early morning. Just getting it done.

Friday - 5.5M GA. Early morning. Legs not fully there. Usually do some strides but I only did one as nothing was there.

Saturday - 11M with final 6 averaged 7:20 and the last 2 at 7:05. This went well. Not much big effort on those final 2. Pleased.

Sunday - 4M easy. Felt pretty good.

Wrapping it up here. I'll thow in some faster running on a couple of runs this week, other than that just some easy running.

Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2