365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Comes Next

+17
mul21
JohnP
Schuey
nkrichards
Jerry
Michael Enright
Nick Morris
dot520
charles.moman
Dave P
Mike MacLellan
Michele "1L" Keane
wendy_miller
T Miller
Julie
ounce
Mark B
21 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

What Comes Next  - Page 20 Empty Re: What Comes Next

Post  Mark B Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:11 am

nkrichards wrote:Great to see that you're out running again but I have to agree with Nick on the "crazy" part...I guess it's a good kind of crazy.

Well, hopefully it's a good kind! I'm still pretty worn out and sore from that run. (Mixing longer barefoot distances with most difficult surfaces ever attempted? Probably not the wisest thing I've ever done.) But to be fair, with as hyped up as I was after watching Boston on Monday, I don't think there was any chance I wasn't going to end up overdoing it.  Very Happy 
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:50 pm

Walk: 3 miles on the treadmill

Weather: 70 degrees.

I started out planning to do a few miles barefoot, but I didn't make it 50 yards before it was clear that I wasn't ready for something quite so ambitious. Guess I might have pushed it a bit too far on Monday. Oops! Live and learn.

I headed inside and decided to try easy (3 mph) walking on the treadmill. I did about 3 miles. That worked pretty well.

Since I had my HR monitor still on, I also got to see what effort level I hit on a walk, which was good to know.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:46 pm

Well, phooey. I'm creaky and sore from the hips down this evening after something as simple as a walk?

I think I'm going to shut it down until I see the PT a week from Friday. I'm not getting anything out of the effort, and I could be making it worse -- or at least prolonging the recovery as I put stress on new areas trying to compensate for problems in others. Bah.

If this sounds depressing, well, it is... a bit. But I'm actually looking forward to a little adult supervision and the promise it holds. 

If this goes well, and I actually learn something this time, I might come out far better off than if this didn't happen. That's my hope, anyway.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:28 pm

Ooo! More fun! My cascading progression of dysfunction has spread to my hip, with tightness, pain and intermittent yelp-inducing spasms. Oh, and my left foot and ankle are getting sore now.  Suspect 

Okay, body. I get it. 

If I promise to be good, will you please not fall completely apart?
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:05 am

Ohhh...doesn't sound good.  Hope the PT goes well and you're back on track quickly.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:51 am

nkrichards wrote:Ohhh...doesn't sound good.  Hope the PT goes well and you're back on track quickly.

Thanks, Nancy. It's taken a while for me to truly understand and accept the situation. Well, I'm sure something good will come of it.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:29 pm

Walk: 2.2 miles

Weather: Sunny, 72, gorgeous.

It was a beautiful day, and gave in to the urge to test out an easy walk during lunch at work. 

Just about anything I tried last week caused unfortunate ripple effects, so I did my best to keep it slow and easy and pay close attention to how my lower body was reacting. It was nice to be outside.

Now, I'd like to say the whole thing was comfortable and easy, but it wasn't. I had some aches and pains along the way, though the discomfort would ebb and flow. We'll see how everything feels later today - I already feel tightness starting to build in my foot, lower leg and hip. Even this little may have been too much.

Still, it was a beautiful day.

Looking forward to Friday's first PT session. I think she's going to have her work cut out for her.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri May 02, 2014 10:15 am

PT Day! Finally. Thought it'd never get here.

It's funny: I'd worried that all my symptoms would have ebbed by today, and that I'd find myself forking out $$$ for a big insurance deductible to simply be told to go home and do some planks and side leg lifts. I'm sure those exercises (and others) are in my future, but those symptoms that are driving this process? They're still happening, pretty much at the same level as a month ago. I hope this visit will help me start to discover exactly what I did to myself. This is crazy. (And not in the usual good way.)
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri May 02, 2014 1:07 pm

Bicycle.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri May 02, 2014 1:55 pm

ounce wrote:Bicycle.

Ugh. Bicycles.

What Comes Next  - Page 20 Chan-a10

Need I say more?
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri May 02, 2014 2:24 pm

Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:Bicycle.

Ugh. Bicycles.

What Comes Next  - Page 20 Chan-a10

Need I say more?

yeah, i'm not keen on riding a bike in Houston.  Too many non-bikers.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri May 02, 2014 3:01 pm

I've been working up a great post to talk about my visit to the PT today, but it dawned on me that I was actually writing the first post in my brand new blog, which effectively answers the question posed by this blog: "What Comes Next"

What comes next?

Building A Better Bumblebee

See you on the other side!
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down