365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

+12
Paula Sue
Dave P
mul21
dot520
Schuey
ounce
KBFitz
Michele "1L" Keane
Mark B
Chris M
Nick Morris
Michael Enright
16 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!) - Page 12 Empty Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Michael Enright Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:23 am

Alex Kubacki wrote:Have fun this weekend Michael.  Just be relaxed and see what happens.
Thanks Alex. That's the plan, the trick is execution!Very Happy 
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!) - Page 12 Empty Re: MCM or Bust (seriously, dude, it may bust!)

Post  Julie Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:32 am

Have a great race!!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:44 am

What is your target time range?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:31 am

ounce wrote:What is your target time range?
I am running this with my buddy Steve, and we have discussed two possibilities since deciding to run this race back in the spring. Either try to run a very evenly paced 4:10, to further his goal of being an official pacer at that pace for another race later on, or to shoot to break 4:00. We've both broken 4:00 multiple times in the past, so it is not a killer goal (though I've tried to do it and failed quite a few times too!).

We decided a few weeks ago that our goal would become a race-morning decision. So, we won't know until we are in the chute!
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:33 am

Michael Enright wrote:
ounce wrote:What is your target time range?
I am running this with my buddy Steve, and we have discussed two possibilities since deciding to run this race back in the spring. Either try to run a very evenly paced 4:10, to further his goal of being an official pacer at that pace for another race later on, or to shoot to break 4:00. We've both broken 4:00 multiple times in the past, so it is not a killer goal (though I've tried to do it and failed quite a few times too!).

We decided a few weeks ago that our goal would become a race-morning decision. So, we won't know until we are in the chute!
I know that your training has you in good shape to go sub 4 if you so choose, but how has his training gone?
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:00 pm

His training was good, too. Only glitch with his was that he was on vacation during the second week of a three week taper, and did no running at all. Frankly, I don't think that is going to hurt him. He's run 15 or more marathons, and has broken 4:00 more frequently than me. Given his training, I think he could do get it done.

I have a feeling we will be going for 3:59:59, but we'll see.
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:32 am

Goal is shaping up at this point. I believe it is 3:59:59.

Ready to go!

What did I forget to pack?
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:46 pm

Michael Enright wrote:Goal is shaping up at this point. I believe it is 3:59:59.

Ready to go!

What did I forget to pack?
Enjoy the race!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:44 pm

Good luck Michael!!!  I know that you guys will have a great race!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:39 pm

Congrats on the race, Michael!  Hope it was fun!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:50 pm

Congrats on the race, Michael! Looking forward to the report.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:45 pm

First run today since the marathon. Headed out to see if I felt like 6 or more, maybe up to 12.
Perfect day. Upper 40s. Felt great. I mean really good. Took it easy the first mile, then a little less easy, then just started running. Felt good the whole way. Ended up doing 12 miles and averaging 8:36 per mile. Nice!
I signed up for Philly as a backup plan to MCM about a month or more ago. In case it was pouring rain, or 85 degrees or something. Now I'm thinking I might just run it. Somewhat like I did Hartford last year. We'll see. Gotta keep my eye on how I feel, whether I want to take the time, whether I want to pay for a night in the hotel, the train ride or the drive, or...., well, you get the idea.
Of course, it's crazy. But I like crazy sometimes.
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12