365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asics Gel DS Racers 8 or 9

3 posters

Go down

Asics Gel DS Racers 8 or 9 Empty Asics Gel DS Racers 8 or 9

Post  wheakory Mon May 21, 2012 5:22 pm

Has anyone run in the new Asics Gel DS Racer 8 or 9's? Or should I say have them? I believe these are the new version of the Ohana and Bandito racers. The Ohana was my favorite Marathon shoe of all time. I was upset when they discontinued them. The Bandito's were okay. I still run in two pairs of the Ohana racer's but their up there in mileage. I was wondering if anyone would share their review about the new ones.
wheakory
wheakory
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Asics Gel DS Racers 8 or 9 Empty Re: Asics Gel DS Racers 8 or 9

Post  Chris Coleman Tue May 22, 2012 10:22 am

I've had a pair of Asics Gel DS Racer 8s for about fifteen months. Initially I just left them in the UK for my occasional visits, to save having to pack running shoes, but I liked them so much that I started to use them for all my races in favour of the Saucony Fastwitches that I formerly used. I found my feet slid inside the Fastwitches and I would get blistered even in a 10K. The DS Racers neither rub nor press and I had not even the hint of a blister on a marathon last month. Not exactly a scientifically based review, I'm afraid, but they certainly suit my particular pair of feet. They may be an ounce or so heavier and slightly less well ventilated than the Fastwitches, but that's a small price to pay for comfort.
Chris Coleman
Chris Coleman
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  KBFitz Tue May 22, 2012 11:43 am

I had to retire my Banditos that I used for ALL racing for 2.5 years and 573 miles(!). I've now raced in the Gel DS Racer 8 for 1.5 years (203 miles). I found them roughly equivalent to the Banditos immediately and have not looked back. They've treated me well as I've not been chaffed or blistered or injured due to lack of support. I can't (or won't anyway) use racing flats due to my pronation and weak ankles.

So the Bandito/DS Racer is as much toward a flat as I can go. And I was not savvy early enough to partake in the Ohanas, so have only the Banditos as a reference ... and I loved them. I love the the DS Racer too. Try them ... I think you'll like them.
KBFitz
KBFitz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  wheakory Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:34 am

I bought the Ascis Gel DS racers 9's and I love them. I did a 23 mile run in them and they felt very comfortable. This was how I broke them in. Since I wore the Ohana and Bandito's I figured going this far on a new shoe not foreign to my feet would be fine.
wheakory
wheakory
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  KBFitz Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:00 am

qewel Asics Gel DS Racers 8 or 9 Ok
KBFitz
KBFitz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse