365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vitamin B-12

+2
mul21
Nick Morris
6 posters

Go down

Vitamin B-12 Empty Vitamin B-12

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:15 pm

Anyone take it? Does it boost energy and matabolism? Thoughts??
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Vitamin B-12 Empty Re: Vitamin B-12

Post  mul21 Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:32 pm

Just drink a bunch of Red Bull. Your heart won't explode, I promise!

I don't take it specifically, but there is 300% of the RDA in my daily multi vitamin. Can't be bad to take it, but if you take a daily vitamin, you're probably getting plenty.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:43 am

I don't just because many of those supplements are such a high amount and I don't really want a toxic potential side effect. You probably have enough in your body if you're not vegan and eat a moderately balanced diet.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Z Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:30 am

I've too try to take a multi-vitamin with a few B-vitamins in it. Plus, I am a big fan of vitamin water and I believe the flavors I like have plenty of B vitamins in them.

But to answer your question I have taken a B-complex vitamin at times and felt it helped me with more consistent energy levels throughout the day. But I also found that to be the case from eating more vegetables on a daily basis as well - something I need to do more of Sad
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:07 pm

While Julie's sidenote about veganism is based on the fact that B-12 comes from animals or dirt, it's somewhat inaccurate now that we supplement everything so much. Especially vegan foodstuffs.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:25 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:While Julie's sidenote about veganism is based on the fact that B-12 comes from animals or dirt, it's somewhat inaccurate now that we supplement everything so much. Especially vegan foodstuffs.

Makes sense. I know I had a B6 and B12 deficiency when I was vegan but I didn't eat too many vegan specialty foods, more like, potatoes and apples and carrots.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:39 am

Unless you're a strict vegan or have problems with absorption of food / nutrients (celiac disease, inflammatory bowel, other GI disorders) or have been told you were low in it on blood tests, probably not worth it. Expensive pee, as my dad says (it'll just get excreted out if you don't need it)
Penelope
Penelope
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum