365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because I can say that now

+23
jon c
Joel H
amyjoann
Nick Morris
Penelope
Ken Mello
Julie
Tom H
John Kilpatrick
Matt W
Jeff F
Natalie
Paula Sue
Jerry
Kenny B.
Peg Coover
KathyK
Tim M
Seth Harrison
Mike MacLellan
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
ChasMcG
27 posters

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Because I can say that now - Page 10 Empty Re: Because I can say that now

Post  Nick Morris Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:23 am

ChasMcG wrote:

I would say one day I would like to hit the front seat like you do but I'm not going back up there ever again hahahaha silent

Ah the topless pool. We stayed at Mandalay. It's called the Beach or something like that. Not sure if you have ever been to the pool area there but right by the wave pool (left of that grill place) is an upstairs pool. I think you can get into it without staying at the hotel but I'm not sure. Most of the girls there were hot. There were a couple of grenades but you just ignore them and move on. I liked it a lot and preferred it (obviously) but it's a 21 and older pool. No kids! I was surprised of the amount of kids at the wave pool and in Vegas period. Check it out! Why don't you just wait until December to go and do the marathon with us?!?! bounce

I didn't mind hungover miles. The people I passed by were way worse off than I was hahahaha

I love Vegas!

I may have to check it out. I always stay at Planet Hollywood or Ceasars as I get free rooms from all of the Ceasars properties. And yes, nothing looks worse than the walk of shame. You feel so bad, but yet you normally had a pretty good time before the walk Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:17 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:

I would say one day I would like to hit the front seat like you do but I'm not going back up there ever again hahahaha silent

Ah the topless pool. We stayed at Mandalay. It's called the Beach or something like that. Not sure if you have ever been to the pool area there but right by the wave pool (left of that grill place) is an upstairs pool. I think you can get into it without staying at the hotel but I'm not sure. Most of the girls there were hot. There were a couple of grenades but you just ignore them and move on. I liked it a lot and preferred it (obviously) but it's a 21 and older pool. No kids! I was surprised of the amount of kids at the wave pool and in Vegas period. Check it out! Why don't you just wait until December to go and do the marathon with us?!?! bounce

I didn't mind hungover miles. The people I passed by were way worse off than I was hahahaha

I love Vegas!

I may have to check it out. I always stay at Planet Hollywood or Ceasars as I get free rooms from all of the Ceasars properties. And yes, nothing looks worse than the walk of shame. You feel so bad, but yet you normally had a pretty good time before the walk Smile

I see you've been there eh? Or maybe sent some poor broken hearted girl with no taxi money. tongue

I would say PH is one of my favorites and it's central. Mandalay is too far at the end of the strip. We spent more money on cabs than we did on "Caitlyn" from the corner of Flamingo and LV Blvd. Because I can say that now - Page 10 2472758156
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:53 pm

ChasMcG wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:

I love Vegas!

I see you've been there eh? Or maybe sent some poor broken hearted girl with no taxi money. tongue

I would say PH is one of my favorites and it's central. Mandalay is too far at the end of the strip. We spent more money on cabs than we did on "Caitlyn" from the corner of Flamingo and LV Blvd. Because I can say that now - Page 10 2472758156

NICE!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:23 pm

Tonight's run was awesome. It was cool out tonight and I needed a hard kickass run

3 miles - 10:54 pace

About two weeks til Warrior Dash. There are a few people from work doing this at the same time. I have some other friends at the same wave and customers at an earlier wave. My plan was to just kill this race and go all out and kick some Warrior ass. So I was talking to my buddy Dirt about the race. He just did the Tough Mudder so I told him that him and a couple other guys should team up and get me a kick ass time. I was joking actually because it would be like running with Nick or Dave O. They would have to wait for me half the time pale. Hahahah I just laughed it off and told him I was joking.

Then he tells me that we should all stick together as a team meaning everyone that signed up. Well .... about that.... I DO NOT want to walk this race and we will be walking with a few of these people. Where I wouldn't mind having Dirt run at my pace, I do not want to walk at their pace. How rude of me! Does that make me selfish or competitive? I'm going with selfish BUT I've done so many "sherpa" races and with 2 of these people already.Because I can say that now - Page 10 4044942068

Ugh I'm such a selfish jerk! hahaha

I stress about the stupidest shit. Rolling Eyes
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:49 am

No, I don't think it's stupid. I don't think running with others during a race is usually the best idea unless it's really really specific (like, I ran a half marathon with my dad and I wanted to encourage him and I went into it knowing it wouldn't be at my pace, it was for him). But normally I think everyone needs to run their own race even if your finish time is only a couple of minutes apart.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:02 am

I think that it is your competitiveness that is making you selfish. Go out there and do your own thing. That's what you really want to do anyways Because I can say that now - Page 10 4044942068
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:20 am

Julie wrote:No, I don't think it's stupid. I don't think running with others during a race is usually the best idea unless it's really really specific (like, I ran a half marathon with my dad and I wanted to encourage him and I went into it knowing it wouldn't be at my pace, it was for him). But normally I think everyone needs to run their own race even if your finish time is only a couple of minutes apart.
I agree with that. I may not be able to keep up with the boys but I would like to at least try and come within a couple of minutes from them.

Nick Morris wrote:I think that it is your competitiveness that is making you selfish. Go out there and do your own thing. That's what you really want to do anyways Because I can say that now - Page 10 4044942068

You're absolutely right. I need to stop stressing about stupid crap that no one cares about. I'm running my own race and even if I end up last, I'll know that I gave it my all at my own pace!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:33 am

Gosh where have I been? It wasn't that busy of a weekend yet I still never managed to post anything the last few days.

Unfortunately, this weekend we didn't make it to a trail for our Saturday morning run. We just ran the fire road and it sucked. Just not the same as a mountain trail!!

Tonight's run was good. I didn't get started until 10 or something. I ran for 1.5 on the treadmill and then moved my last mile outside and ran the hill on the street.

It was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I love those runs!

2 weeks until I become a Warriour!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:13 am

A British one, nonetheless. Very Happy

Your attitude towards not wanting to wait for your team is the exact reason I backed out of one of these types of races earlier this year. That, and paying marathon fees for something I really wasn't that interested in didn't make sense. But mainly the first part. They were asking a marathoner to join a team where the purpose wasn't to finish at a certain time, but finish together. Nothx.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:29 am

Mike MacLellan wrote:A British one, nonetheless. Very Happy

Ha! I laughed.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Your attitude towards not wanting to wait for your team is the exact reason I backed out of one of these types of races earlier this year. That, and paying marathon fees for something I really wasn't that interested in didn't make sense. But mainly the first part. They were asking a marathoner to join a team where the purpose wasn't to finish at a certain time, but finish together. Nothx.

Yeah I'm not doing it. I'm going to try and keep up with my boys and those girls can try to keep up with us. Hopefully that will help push them to the finish and then push them into healthy lifestyles.

mul21 wrote:

Haha oh hell

Ha! I laughed.
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:05 pm

I have to post this because I thought it was funny. Chas will probably kill me.

We're talking on the phone while I'm driving home from work and Chas is talking about running and wanting to practice for the Warrior Dash. I told her that I could run the hose in the backyard to make a mud pit and that the only way she would practice jumping over the fire obstacle was if I lit the grill. Not sure what to do about rope cargo nets and rope walls or any of the other things they throw at them.

Very Happy Flame Running
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:33 pm

Tim M wrote:I have to post this because I thought it was funny. Chas will probably kill me.

We're talking on the phone while I'm driving home from work and Chas is talking about running and wanting to practice for the Warrior Dash. I told her that I could run the hose in the backyard to make a mud pit and that the only way she would practice jumping over the fire obstacle was if I lit the grill. Not sure what to do about rope cargo nets and rope walls or any of the other things they throw at them.

Very Happy Because I can say that now - Page 10 235134252 Because I can say that now - Page 10 4044942068

Do you have any barbed wire??
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Good luck with the race. If you run/walk with a bunch of people, it just seems like you pay for an overpriced t-shirt. I would hate that. And charred Chas would probably not be a good thing before your race!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:49 pm

Tim M wrote:I have to post this because I thought it was funny. Chas will probably kill me.

Very Happy Flame Running

Never a dull post from you Tim!

Hi Chas afro
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:08 am

Very Happy Because I can say that now - Page 10 235134252 Because I can say that now - Page 10 4044942068

Oh Brother! That is the last time I ask for your advice!

Nick Morris wrote:

Do you have any barbed wire??

Don't encourage him!

John Kilpatrick wrote:Good luck with the race. If you run/walk with a bunch of people, it just seems like you pay for an overpriced t-shirt. I would hate that. And charred Chas would probably not be a good thing before your race!
Thanks! I have enough overpriced t-shirts but I do get a Warrior helmet for this one... Smile I will not be jumping over our grill. That thing is almost taller than me! (yeah I'm short)

Schuey wrote:

Never a dull post from you Tim!

Hi Chas afro

Never a dull moment in this house Rolling Eyes

Hi!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:17 am

Couple miles tonight but it was a little late (9 PM) so it was a bit dark so I slowed down and kept it at an easy pace. I have never understood why our neighborhood is so dark. There are little to no street lights anywhere this part of Aurora. Even though it's a nice neighborhood, I always keep creeps in the back of my head when I'm running at night alone. It's also very hard to see the path in front of you and any rocks/pine cones/bunnies that cross your path. I carried a light tonight but that only lights up so much in front of you. I just couldn't bare a run on the treadmill downstairs. Mad

Hope everyone is having a great week!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:47 am

Way to play it safe. I would hate to see you get hurt, because you tripped over something in the dark. Especially this close to the Warrior Dash. As for the creeps, they don't know what they would be in for if they messed with you Wink
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:26 am

Creeps vs. dreadmill - I'd have to go with the creeps as well! Dogs always worry the hell out of me - do you carry pepper spray or something?

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:34 am

Do you use a headlamp for night running? That helps a bit, but as you say it's still a little unsettling if there's not a lot of streetlight help. And I hope you carry pepper spray or some kind of protection. Better to be safe than sorry.

Good luck with your Warrior race! Never done anything like that before.
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:53 pm

Nick Morris wrote:Way to play it safe. I would hate to see you get hurt, because you tripped over something in the dark. Especially this close to the Warrior Dash. As for the creeps, they don't know what they would be in for if they messed with you Wink
Depends on what he looks like Because I can say that now - Page 10 1078438882 I'll leave him at the local park tied to the baby slide calling my name out. Happens all the time haha

John Kilpatrick wrote:Creeps vs. dreadmill - I'd have to go with the creeps as well! Dogs always worry the hell out of me - do you carry pepper spray or something?
I don't carry anything. I do stay close to homes and off of main streets. Not sure if that's a good idea either but I try to make it easy to run up to a house if I get into trouble. Now the dog thing, I feel you there. I swear everyone in Colorado has a dog.

jon c wrote:Do you use a headlamp for night running? That helps a bit, but as you say it's still a little unsettling if there's not a lot of streetlight help. And I hope you carry pepper spray or some kind of protection. Better to be safe than sorry.

Good luck with your Warrior race! Never done anything like that before.
I do have a head lamp and I hold it in my hand so I can have more control with it. Besides, I look funny with it on my head! I'll let you know how the race goes! It looks fun and dirty! I'm actually kind of bummed. A group of us were going to do it and 4 of them have backed out now. WTH? Looks like I will be able to run it by myself now without feeling guilty.
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:15 pm

I was gonna ask how or what you carry when you carry a light! But you said head lamp.

Your street is dark! I couldn't find your house that night!

It's scary in the dark wherever you are. In my little town of 700 today, I had the weird guy who sits in his car and smokes at 5:30 am, with the door slightly open. The same guy then walks his dog, while smoking, and I see him then. But one time he was just letting his dog out to pee and the dog came out at me and I screamed like a girl and then yelled "Stop!" He controls his dog but never acknowledges me or says "sorry."

In the day light when I'm on the country roads, I sometimes worry because NO ONE is around!! Some creepo on a van could grab me and no one would ever see it happen!!!

Sorry to hi-jack!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:01 pm

ChasMcG wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:Way to play it safe. I would hate to see you get hurt, because you tripped over something in the dark. Especially this close to the Warrior Dash. As for the creeps, they don't know what they would be in for if they messed with you Wink
Depends on what he looks like Because I can say that now - Page 10 1078438882 I'll leave him at the local park tied to the baby slide calling my name out. Happens all the time haha

You always leave a lot of guys tied down, screaming your name?? Razz tongue Razz
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:59 pm

Peg Coover wrote:I was gonna ask how or what you carry when you carry a light! But you said head lamp.

Your street is dark! I couldn't find your house that night!

It's scary in the dark wherever you are. In my little town of 700 today, I had the weird guy who sits in his car and smokes at 5:30 am, with the door slightly open. The same guy then walks his dog, while smoking, and I see him then. But one time he was just letting his dog out to pee and the dog came out at me and I screamed like a girl and then yelled "Stop!" He controls his dog but never acknowledges me or says "sorry."

In the day light when I'm on the country roads, I sometimes worry because NO ONE is around!! Some creepo on a van could grab me and no one would ever see it happen!!!

Sorry to hi-jack!

Yeah I have a few neighbors that hang out outside and it's an uneasy feeling when it's dark. I'm sure they're all good people but hell who knows.

Nick Morris wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:

You always leave a lot of guys tied down, screaming your name?? Razz tongue Razz

Yes. You better hope I never come out to Madison Twisted Evil
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:03 am

So I went out for another late run and I just felt so blah tonight. Just one of those runs I guess.

Warrior Dash is on Saturday and they completely changed the course. Nothing too crazy but the mud pit is now at the beginning of the race instead of the end. My poor hair. Smile How hard will it be to run with 5 pounds of caked on mud on your feet?

I'm excited and nervous but I tell you tonight's run did not help my confidence level. I don't know if it is because it's been so busy with back to school stuff and work or what. I'm sure these late night runs are not helping.

Tomorrow is another day and another run. I would like to get out in the morning. We'll see how that goes! hahaha

And then I'm booking a ticket to Madison. Does anyone know Nick's address? If there is a Home Depot close, let me know. I need rope. Wink
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum