365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Marathon Choices for April - Needs just one!

+5
Jack_Scaff
Michele "1L" Keane
Alex Kubacki
Mark B
Kenny B.
9 posters

Go down

My Marathon Choices for April - Needs just one! Empty My Marathon Choices for April - Needs just one!

Post  Kenny B. Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:18 pm

I narrowed it down to these 3 race events to try and BQ. I know Eugene is a great one but the cost is a bit high to fly. How about the others

April 29th – Sunday Eugene Oregon – leave 27 depart 29th
– flight $600 pp

April 28th – Saturday Champagin Illinois Marathon– Leave 26
depart 28th – flight $300 pp

April 21st – Saturday Carmel, Indiana Carmel Marathon – Leave 19
depart 21st – flight $400 non stop (2 hours)
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

My Marathon Choices for April - Needs just one! Empty Re: My Marathon Choices for April - Needs just one!

Post  Mark B Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:41 pm

Kenny, did you check the cost for flying into Eugene or Portland? Best to check fares through both airports. Eugene is usually far more expensive... but there can be exceptions.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

My Marathon Choices for April - Needs just one! Empty Re: My Marathon Choices for April - Needs just one!

Post  Alex Kubacki Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Why don't you wait a month and join us all at Bayshore?
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:01 pm

I actually heard good things about Carmel (someone in my running group did it last year).I would check flying to Portland though as I think Eugene is a must do/see. I was just in Seattle this past weekend and i did not get enough of the PNW.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack_Scaff Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:18 pm

Are you not running Napa? That's a BQ course (says a non BQ runner).
Jack_Scaff
Jack_Scaff
Poster
Poster

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Concord&st

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:00 pm

I've heard good things about the IL one from a friend who grew up there and has done the half a few times. Is Bayshore full?
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:34 pm

Thanks for feedback. Ideally I'd like to do Eugene but seems to high of a cost to fly there.

Napa was suppose to be a long vacation for us which we just can't do right now. So it looks like Napa is out of the equation. I am considering now Carmel and Illinois I have to look at hotels, logistics and courses get down to the nitty gritty .
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff F Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:35 pm

Kenny B. wrote:Thanks for feedback. Ideally I'd like to do Eugene but seems to high of a cost to fly there.

Napa was suppose to be a long vacation for us which we just can't do right now. So it looks like Napa is out of the equation. I am considering now Carmel and Illinois I have to look at hotels, logistics and courses get down to the nitty gritty .

I recommend Illinois. I am running it and I am sure we may end up with a couple more 365 runners who may end up down here. I would bet the hotels in Champaign-Urbana are cheaper than Carmel. As far as the course, it is flat and fast. The only hill to speak of is in mile 25 and once you get to the top it is clear sailing to the finish line in Memorial Stadium where you get to see yourself on the jumbotron and finish at the 50 yard line.

Logistics are a breeze, plenty of free parking within a 5 minute walk to the start line. If you stay at the I-Hotel you can literally walk out the front door to the start line.
Jeff F
Jeff F
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:45 pm

Jeff F wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:Thanks for feedback. Ideally I'd like to do Eugene but seems to high of a cost to fly there.

I recommend Illinois. I am running it and I am sure we may end up with a couple more 365 runners who may end up down here. I would bet the hotels in Champaign-Urbana are cheaper than Carmel. As far as the course, it is flat and fast. The only hill to speak of is in mile 25 and once you get to the top it is clear sailing to the finish line in Memorial Stadium where you get to see yourself on the jumbotron and finish at the 50 yard line.

Logistics are a breeze, plenty of free parking within a 5 minute walk to the start line. If you stay at the I-Hotel you can literally walk out the front door to the start line.

I guess that would mean there's no football game scheduled (hotel room availability)?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:49 pm

Jeff,

I can't get a freakin hotel for the Illinois Marathon unless its outside of walking distance all else is booked. Suggestions? I don't plan on renting a car.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Glenn Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:15 pm

Bummer. I was hoping to finally meet Kenny B. in Napa. Also, I agree with others about Eugene. I did Eugene in 2010, and highly recommend it.
Glenn
Glenn
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:35 pm

Glenn wrote:

Bummer. I was hoping to finally meet Kenny B. in Napa. Also, I agree with others about Eugene. I did Eugene in 2010, and highly recommend it.

Unless I just go out there for the weekend which might be a remote possibility. right flight is $198 roundtrip for certain airlines. wow!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:28 pm

Just checked Southwest Airlines out of Newark to PDX, and it was $358 roundtrip per person.

My Marathon Choices for April - Needs just one! Swa_to10

Just sayin'...
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down