365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions for NYC Marathon Veterans

Go down

Questions for NYC Marathon Veterans Empty Questions for NYC Marathon Veterans

Post  Sara Jane Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:38 pm

I ran it in 2008 - but I just can't remember a lot of specifics:

1. Are the mile markers always clear? Trying to decide whether to use autolap or not. I didn't at Grandma's and really liked it...because I tend to panic when my watch hits a mile well before the mile marker. But at Grandma's they are on huge balloons, high up in the sky, so you really can't miss them. But I know at many other races I often don't see them. Anyone remember how they look on the course? I'd hate to not have it set and then miss one. I will be following a very specific mile by mile plan that will not be even.

2. Has anyone ever sat in the reserved grandstand seating? (or had family members do so.) I am considering buying seats for my mom and stepdad. They are going to be in town and I think they would enjoy that (the pro races should be great!)...but I am wondering how it works, if there are in and out privileges, if everyone really has a good seat and view of the screen, etc.
Sara Jane
Sara Jane
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down