365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Football Help!

+5
mul21
Matt W
Nick Morris
healdgator
Ken Mello
9 posters

Go down

Fantasy Football Help! Empty Fantasy Football Help!

Post  Ken Mello Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:59 am

OK, I know there is a lot of football knowledge here, so help me decide who to start on my fantasy team this week. We have 3 RB slots, and I'm not sure who to start in slot #3. Here are the choices:

1. Reggie Bush (MIA) playing against Houston (Bush scored 16 fantasy points against NE last week)

or

2. Darren Sproles (NO) playing against Chicago (Sproles scored 21 points against GB last week, almost all on kick returns)

or

3. Ryan Grant (GB) playing against Carolina (Grant scored 4 fantasy points against NO last week)

Who's the safer play this week?
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Football Help! Empty Re: Fantasy Football Help!

Post  healdgator Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:16 am

Grant will score points as the starting RB for the best team in the league, but even as a Packers' fan, I've never been impressed with the guy. Starks will continue to get a lot of carries. Still, the Fins are going to cut Bush's work load and Sproles will likely be kicked away from. I'd go with Grant. Last week was probably and anomaly for his FF scoring.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:36 am

Ken Mello wrote:OK, I know there is a lot of football knowledge here, so help me decide who to start on my fantasy team this week. We have 3 RB slots, and I'm not sure who to start in slot #3. Here are the choices:

1. Reggie Bush (MIA) playing against Houston (Bush scored 16 fantasy points against NE last week)

or

2. Darren Sproles (NO) playing against Chicago (Sproles scored 21 points against GB last week, almost all on kick returns)

or

3. Ryan Grant (GB) playing against Carolina (Grant scored 4 fantasy points against NO last week)

Who's the safer play this week?

If it is a PPR league, then I would go with Bush, because he is going to get a shit ton of receptions.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:37 am

Is it a PPR league? If so, I would go with Bush. If not, then Grant is probably the safest play, although it will be interesting to see how they split his touches with Starks. Of course, this advice is given after about 5 seconds of thought so take it for what it's worth.

Good luck this week.
Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:38 am

healdgator wrote:Grant will score points as the starting RB for the best team in the league, but even as a Packers' fan, I've never been impressed with the guy. Starks will continue to get a lot of carries. Still, the Fins are going to cut Bush's work load and Sproles will likely be kicked away from. I'd go with Grant. Last week was probably and anomaly for his FF scoring.

What he said. The Bears D and special teams are good, he's right about Bush getting less touches, and Carolina's D is terrible, so I imagine there will be a lot of running plays late in the game for Grant to have a chance to rack up points.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:59 am

I'm going to say:

1. Bush

2. Grant

3. Sproles

The order doesn't change whether the league awards a point for catches or not. But if it is a PPR league, Bush is more clear cut as the #1. It pains me because I have Grant in 2 leagues but I think he is effectively not the starter in GB anymore. I think Starks will get far more carries and Starks simply looks like the better back right now and the one they would go to in the 4th quarter with a lead which is when fantasy RBs always score big. Sproles is just too much of a wild card. I think he's a 4 carry or less guy and you just can't rely on special teams points.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  GregC Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:35 pm

I'd go with Bush as well. Despite his shortcomings, he still has the potential to break an 80 yard TD every time he touches the ball. And while his touches allegedly will go down a bit this week, you're still guaranteed 15-20 touches, which is more than you can say for the other two backs that you have.
GregC
GregC
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Mello Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:52 pm

Yup, should have made this clear. No PPR. Points based totally on yards (both rushing and receiving) and TD's. The one wrinkle is that return yards count too, which is what keeps Sproles in the conversation.

My leaning is Grant, then Bush, but I'm leaning toward Chris in being scared that Starks will begin taking over very soon, and Grant might not see much field time.....
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:05 pm

then definitely Grant. By the end of the year, I hope Starks gets more carries. For now, Grant is the starter and will see most of the work.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim fredericks Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:49 am

I will go against the grain here and say Sproles. He is the most explosive player of the group and most likely to get in the end zone.
Jim fredericks
Jim fredericks
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Mello Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:35 pm

Jim fredericks wrote:I will go against the grain here and say Sproles. He is the most explosive player of the group and most likely to get in the end zone.

You were right! I went with Bush, and it looks like Sproles will be the only 1 of the 3 to find the end zone. Oh well....
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:48 am

Well I'm pretty much done. JC out for the year. I've got Fred Jackson as my backup RB, but he's not going to continue to generate 30+ points per game. I picked up Cam Newton in free agency (it's a Gator league, we all hate the guy), so maybe he will carry my team.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Mello Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:04 pm

healdgator wrote:Well I'm pretty much done. JC out for the year. I've got Fred Jackson as my backup RB, but he's not going to continue to generate 30+ points per game. I picked up Cam Newton in free agency (it's a Gator league, we all hate the guy), so maybe he will carry my team.

Thank goodness I had pick #3 in our draft and Charles went #2. I was on the edge of picking Vick, but dodged that one too.

As for Newton, I drafted him as my #3 QB (behind Aaron Rogers and Sam Bradford) but he got moved to #2 this week, and paid off again. Now I just need to figure this RB thing out, because I dont like my choices at #3, but since we all carry 3-4 RB's, there isnt much on the waiver wire!
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:22 pm

Ken Mello wrote:
healdgator wrote:Well I'm pretty much done. JC out for the year. I've got Fred Jackson as my backup RB, but he's not going to continue to generate 30+ points per game. I picked up Cam Newton in free agency (it's a Gator league, we all hate the guy), so maybe he will carry my team.

Thank goodness I had pick #3 in our draft and Charles went #2. I was on the edge of picking Vick, but dodged that one too.

As for Newton, I drafted him as my #3 QB (behind Aaron Rogers and Sam Bradford) but he got moved to #2 this week, and paid off again. Now I just need to figure this RB thing out, because I dont like my choices at #3, but since we all carry 3-4 RB's, there isnt much on the waiver wire!

I will have 2 bye weeks where I am running a stiff out there at RB b/c there is literally nobody to choose from at RB at this point. Maybe if Cam has another big week I can trade him.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:45 pm

I didn't read this until now, and my only advice would be to draft Brady and forget about any of the other guys (although Matty Ice looked pretty solid at the Dome last night). How he gets it done (something like 43 TDs with only one pick) amazing me on the football side, but being a Pats fan, I'm only concerned that he gets it done, and I'm really glad that he cut his hair.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down